Home : Beijing Travel Tips : Comments

Comments and Questions

Hi. I'm in Guangzhou now. I need to knwo where I can change south african rands to chinese yuan. Please assist.

Reply2/24/2013 6:07:04 AMadeel ,   South Africa

adeel ( South Africa ) :2/27/2013 2:46:22 AM

Hi Kelly. Thank you for replying to my post. Unfortunately Bank of China does not accept South African Rands. I, however have managed to call my bank in South Africa and can use my bank cards. Thanks

Kelly :2/25/2013 6:26:33 PM

try a nearby Bank of China.

hi there, i'll be in china for about 2 months and i do not want to carry so much RMB with me. i'll be studying for a month and then traveling for another.

Will it be possible for me to open an account with the bank of china, given my short duration of stay there, or what are the other alternatives that I have?

i'll appreciate any help i can get! thank you for your time!

Reply6/10/2010 2:31:00 AMcam ,   Singapore

Sam ( China ) :1/31/2013 9:25:32 PM

There are some dual accounts (e.g. Bank of America + China Construction Bank) where you can access your foreign accounts at no extra charge. Plus, most ATMS will accept visa cards with a surcharge.

Brenda :6/10/2010 8:58:00 PM

hi, i think it is possible for you to open an account. or many foreign credit cards are available in China as mentioned in this very page.

Am a Nigerian,but right now am in china,i have tried to cash money from bank of china atm,but none of the atms could pay me.Please what do i do?

Reply11/1/2012 8:26:24 PMEboh Frank ,   Nigeria

Andy :11/2/2012 6:59:04 PM

is your debit card can be used in China?
i think you'd better confirm with the bank teller.

hello i need to open American Express Card is this can or not ? and i have master credit card and company dollar account and i have car and i can put money as you need .

Reply2/28/2012 10:03:09 PMlaeth ,   Iraq

Blaire :2/29/2012 5:34:38 PM

Hi laeth,
i think you need to consult the bank.

can L visa holders open account in BOC ? Please let me know.

Reply1/21/2012 2:45:15 PMMayur gondaliya ,   India

Kelly :1/24/2012 10:44:33 PM

L visa holders can open account in Bank of China with your valid passport.


Reply1/12/2012 3:22:56 AMRRchoudhary ,   India

Frank :1/12/2012 4:47:03 PM

I'm not sure what you mean by 'PROSSES', but 1 Indian rupee equals 0.122652178 RMB.

how can I convert indian rupees to rmb in beijing?

Reply9/2/2010 1:23:00 AMkanwaljeet singh ,   China

Blaire :9/27/2011 7:30:04 PM

not all the Bank of China provide foreign currency exchange service, you need to try more.

Theodore ( China ) :9/27/2011 1:57:45 PM

Are you sure? I went to Bank Of China yesterday and they said no.

Elva :9/4/2010 9:33:00 PM

you can go to the Bank of China.

hai, im in guangzhuo, can i take my US dollar from my account in guangzhuo but my acount branch bank at nanning, Guangxi?
my account bank is bank of china by the way...

Reply1/27/2011 7:29:00 AMchristopher ,   Indonesia

Hank :1/27/2011 8:19:00 PM

Yes, you can draw the money out from the bank in Beijing, but you have to pay some additional fee for that.

am a bussiness lady am in china want ma bank to send a fund transfer to my icbc account how long will take for me to receive the money

Reply7/16/2010 1:16:00 AMjoyce ,   Kenya

rosina :7/17/2010 9:45:00 PM

hi Joyce,
i think you need to consult the ICBC, here is the official website of ICBC http://www.icbc.com.cn/icbc/sy/default.htm

Hi, i will relocate to shanghai for 1 year working. i will open an ICBC account for my salary payroll by company. Is ICBC has multi currency account? which means i receive salary in Renminbi at China, then when i go back to Malaysia, i can withdraw Ringgit? I just want to avoid remittance from China to Malaysia. Any other suggestion?

Reply6/2/2010 9:53:00 AMsinwei726 ,   Malaysia

Linda :6/2/2010 9:09:00 PM

hi, ICBC has multi currency account, but i'm not sure whether it is available for Ringgit. here is the website of ICBC, hope it will help you.http://www.icbc.com.cn/icbc/sy/default.htm

pls i sent a wire transfer from FIRST CITY MONUMENT BANK in NIGERIA to ICBC BANK, 55 FUXINGMENNEI DAJIE, XICHENG DIST BEIJING 100031, CHINA since on the 21st of may 2010. The money has not gotten to the account till now,How would i know when it gets to the account or can i have a number to call.

Reply6/2/2010 5:45:00 AMOBIALOR KELECHI MARK ,   Nigeria

anna :6/2/2010 6:04:00 AM

you may try the official website of ICBC. http://www.icbc.com.cn/icbc/sy/default.htm
and here is the telephone number of the bank =86 010 66038060, but i'm not sure whether they provide English service.

hi, i'm in china right now... will someone be able to guide me where i can get my Indian rupees converted to yuan in beijing???

Reply5/27/2010 3:22:00 AManu

Joey :5/27/2010 8:45:00 PM

you can not exchange rupees into RMB in any Chinese Bank. i think you can enquire some foreign banks.

Question: can I exchange South African Rand? If so, are the rates much different in a hotel than using an ATM? Thanks

Reply5/24/2010 3:39:00 PMJeff ,   South Africa

anna :5/24/2010 9:50:00 PM

Hi Jeff,
you can not exchange Rand in any Chinese bank, you may try some foreign banks. for the rates, it may be different in a hotel and at the bank.

hi, i need a credit card. am a foreign student in china. which of the banks can i get a credit card for foreign students. thanks.

Reply2/16/2010 8:58:00 AMmary ,   Nigeria

Linda :2/19/2010 8:09:00 PM

You may try Bank of China.

can i get the student cradit card from any bank being a forigner student in china.i have bank of china from two years and ccb from one year.

Reply11/5/2008 3:23:00 PMhasan ,   Pakistan

BeijingTrip.com :11/5/2008 7:48:00 PM

Sorry, we are not sure about your question. You may go to any office of BOC or CCB and ask them directly.

I have a question about the money currency in China. If I have U.S. Dollars, how much will the bank give me per dollar in RMB yuan?

Reply2/16/2009 12:37:00 PMPatricia ,   United States

BeijingTrip.com :2/16/2009 8:13:00 PM

That depends on the latest exchange rate between US dollar and RMB yuan. Currently, 1 USD=6.8 RMB.

I have only U.S. dollar with me, where can I change them to have money currency in China?

Reply4/9/2009 5:23:00 PMsherryl ,   Norway

BeijingTrip.com :4/9/2009 9:24:00 PM

You can change them at any banking office of the Bank of China (BOC). You may choose the nearest local one.

Thanks for supporting beijingtrip.com!

Are all the Banks in China accept Malaysian dollars to change into RMB yuan?

Reply7/22/2009 12:52:00 AMjane ,   Malaysia

BeijingTrip.com :7/22/2009 10:17:00 PM

As we know, no banks in China accept the exchange between Malaysian dollars and RMB yuan.

I'd like to find as to how can I go about putting money in my South African bank account from China. Are the any banks that I can go to, seeing that I do not have a bank account in Beijing? Your help will be highly appreciated.

Reply7/23/2009 9:04:00 AMRenolda ,   China

BeijingTrip.com :7/24/2009 2:37:00 AM

Sorry, we are not sure about this question. As we know, you may send money to your South African bank account by wire transfer.

Thanks for supporting beijingtrip.com!

I am a South African. I am currently in China, Beijing. I would like to exchange the South African Rands to Yuan. Where must I go?

Reply8/13/2009 11:54:00 AMSteven ,   China

BeijingTrip.com :8/13/2009 10:32:00 PM

You may make an inquiry from any agency of Bank of China (BOC) in Beijing.