Home : Beijing Travel Tips : Comments

i m coming to beijing on the 21st mar 2011,i understand the weather is bad as there is sand storm,my hubby is asthamtic,is it ok??and what clothes we need to wear?tq

Reply2/20/2011 7:31:00 AMcynthia ,   Malaysia

Elva :2/20/2011 9:13:00 PM

it is ok, but i suggest you take the medicine for him.
a thin sweater and a normal overcoat will do.

Pack for a Leech Bite? I dont know where you expect people are going to visit, but I lived in Beijing for 3 years and unless you go hiking into the mountains all famous sites dont need this kind of protection. I also dont recommend you to carry Travelers Checks/TC, most places only accept Cash and Card. All markets and local restaurants only prefer cash. China works best with cash, unless your going to expensive places like hotels and foreign shopping malls where cards are also used. You can exchange money at Banks but they require a copy of your passport if the exchange is above $150 dollars. This can be very annoying when you hadnt planned to carry your passport with you everywhere you go. Bank Of China have more English speakers then most other banks.

BIG recommendation, carry tissues and Liquid soap/Disinfectant as most public toilets dont offer toilet paper or soap. Also if you are there longer then a few days, get your self a prepaid mobile number that only costs about 30 to 60 rmb (less then $20). That way if you need help you can call your conceirge at your hotel or you friend to translate for you. I have only met one Taxi driver that can speak English. ALMOST all drivers can only say yes or no and basic names of famous locations. They will not understand if you have specific requirements.

Reply11/4/2009 4:41:00 AMNoosh ,   Australia

I leave in February for Jinzhou, China, and will be there for a year. Can you give me any advice as to how to pack for cold and hot weather?

Reply10/20/2009 7:20:00 PMKathleen

Linli ( China ) :10/20/2009 8:53:00 PM

Do you mean Jinzhou in Liaoning Province?

please send me information about the beijing weather .i will be there from the 5th to the 15th of august .thanks

Reply7/22/2009 1:31:00 PMnaima ,   Tunisia

BeijingTrip.com :7/22/2009 10:09:00 PM

Thanks for your inquiry.
But the weather forecast for August is not available currently. You may wait for that till the beginning of August.

It is recommended to carry a guide book in chinese and a map of beijing. Where can I find a soft copy of the same on the internet. Or if possible please send me a hard copy at 35-A, Main Gulberg, Lahore, Pakistan. I will be travelling to Beijing in the third week of September 2008

Reply8/19/2008 1:33:00 PMmohammad ,   Pakistan