Home : Beijing Transportation : Comments

I am travelling from Singapore to Beijing. i would like to know what is the distance from the Beijing international Airport to Great wall of China. Also i am staying at Sofitel, can u also let me know how far is great wall from Sofitel?

Reply3/4/2010 9:25:00 PMNithya ,   Singapore

Dave :3/5/2010 8:23:00 PM

Geat Wall in Beijing is distributed in different places, and Badaling may be the nearest, which is about 100 kilometers from the capital airport. Simatai is about 150 kilometers away from the airport.
It is further from Sofitel to the Great Wall than that from the airport.

Hi I'm going to stay jade palace hotel in beijing for few days. after I want to go tianjin airport by bus. Can you tell me where I can get a bus & how much the cost? Thank You.

Reply1/25/2010 11:58:00 PMwilliam chan ,   Canada

Daniel :1/26/2010 7:43:00 PM

You may first go to Zhaogongkou Long Distance Bus Station, and then take the long-distance bus from Beijing to Tianjin.

Hi
My husband and I will be visiting Beijing next week, for 4 days. We will stay at Forbidden City area. Is there a reliable local tour agent for us?

Reply6/10/2009 3:25:00 AMMrs Low, Singapore ,   Singapore

BEIJING HEAD ( United States ) :1/19/2010 1:42:00 PM

MAN I LOVE BEIJING

From January 24th to 31th, I will stay in the Sheraton Great Wall Hotel in Beijing.
What is the distance in minutes or km to the nearest subway station (Nongzhanguan?)?

Thanks in advance.

Reply1/5/2010 9:07:00 AMWim Neven ,   Belgium

Linda :1/5/2010 7:46:00 PM

About 0.30 kilometres.

What is the cheapest way to get to badaling from beijing airport?

Reply12/3/2009 11:16:00 PMHwang Foo Shen ,   Malaysia

Daniel ( Cyprus ) :12/4/2009 8:23:00 PM

Take Bus No. 359 from the Beijing Capital Airport to Dongzhimen, transfer to Bus No. 815 to Deshengmen, and then change to Bus No. 919.

Is there any airport express bus to Marco Polo Parkside Hotel (near Bird Nest Olympics stadium)? How much will be the taxi fare if I take taxi. Or can you suggest the best way of transport to use. Thanks

Reply11/4/2009 1:00:00 AMHelen ,   Singapore

Coco ( China ) :11/5/2009 8:04:00 PM

Since you are three, you may choose to take a taxi. The cost from airport to Bird's Nest should be no more than 30 yuan.

Helen ( Singapore ) :11/5/2009 2:48:00 AM

I guess the weather is relatively cold now in Beijing. There are 3 of us, how much does it cost if we take taxi?

Coco Zeng ( China ) :11/4/2009 9:26:00 PM

The best way from airport to Bird's Nest should be taking the airport bus No. 2 to Sanyuanqiao then transfer to the metro line 10 to Beitucheng, then take Line 8 to Olympic Sports Center.

How do I get to Great Wall from Cinderella Apartment?

Reply10/1/2009 12:34:00 AMsri ,   Malaysia

Hi coming to beiging staying at presidentail, plaza Xicheng district, with children please can someone tell me what is the cheapest way to visit great wall from here?

Reply10/1/2009 4:07:00 AMSharon ,   France

I am arriving at Bejiing airport on March 25th 2010 from Sydney at 11.15am ,and have to join a cruise ship at Tianjiin.What is the best way to get to the port please.

Reply9/30/2009 10:53:00 AMneil hershman ,   United Kingdom

Hi, Tom
You can purchase the ticket for Beijing-Tianjin Intercity Train two days in advance. But usually there's no need to do so since the bullet train departs very 15 minutes. The prices are 69 yuan for first class seat and 58 yuan for second class seat.

Reply9/22/2009 9:33:00 PMbeijingren ,   China

I would like to take the Bullet train from Beijing South Station to Tang Gu Railway Station. I shall arrive Beijing on the 3rd Oct. Do I have enough time to get train ticket for the 5th Oct? When does South Station open, I would like to purase the train ticket as early as possible. What are the prices??

Reply9/21/2009 10:30:00 PMTom

Wow! What a great website. I need some help here. I plan to go to:
1.Great Wall
2. Wang Fu Jing
3. Xiu Shui Market / Silk Street
4. Xi Dan
5. Hong Qiao Market
6. Forbidden City
7. Summer Palace
8. Temple of Heaven
9. Beijing Zoo
10. Olympic Attraction (Bird Nest, Water Cube)
11. National Centre for the Performing Arts, Beijing (known as the Egg)
12. How do I go the Grand Hyatt Beijing from Shangdi?

How do I get there? Preferably but subway and bus. Taxi is ok, if needed. If I need to walk from subway to bus stop etc, is it easy? Because I can't speak Chinese language. Otherwise, by taxi is ok, but it is expensive?

Appreciate if you can help me, couldn't find any reliable source. Thank you. hope to hear from you soon.

Reply9/17/2009 9:33:00 PMsri ,   Malaysia

BeijingTrip.com :9/17/2009 10:28:00 PM

Thanks for your inquiry.

The Grand Hyatt is very near Wangfujing pedestrian street. You may choose to go from Shangdi to Wangfujing by bus: catch the Bus No. 814 to Xin Dong An Shi Chang (Xindongan Market). Then you can walk to your hotel which is less than one kilometer away from the bus stop.

My hotel is near Tinamen Square, Jinjing Inn, where can i get an Shuttle Bus to the airport, and how much will it cost. What time does the shuttle bus start, as my flight is at 8.30, how long will it take to the airport?thanks

Reply9/11/2009 6:34:00 AMKirby ,   Malaysia

BeijingTrip.com :9/12/2009 2:45:00 AM

Thanks for your inquiry.

There is no direct airport bus from Tiananmen Square to Beijing International Airport. You may take a bus or taxi to Xidan Aviation Building. The airport bus leaves every 15 minutes. The traveling time is at most one hour.

dear Sir/ Madame: how much would it cost for a taxi Ride from the Airport to the Hilton (4 people). ? Advises. Thank you

Reply9/4/2009 6:53:00 AMPelayo Correa ,   United States

BeijingTrip.com :9/4/2009 10:30:00 PM

Thanks for your inquiry.

The Hilton Hotel is located on Dongfang Road in Chaoyang District. It would cost around 80 RMB for a taxi ride from Beijing Airport to Hilton. But if you may choose the airport bus to Sanyuanqiao which is very near the hotel. The price is only 16 RMB.

Can I please buy two tickets from Beijing to Changde on 06 or 07 or 08 September. The earliest train available which I believe it is at 6a.m. And then the latest train from Chengde to Beijing which I think it is the No. 4414 which leaves at 22:50 and No. 4454 which leaves at 22:23. What time we will arrive in Beijing? What is the cost per person?

Reply8/26/2009 4:34:00 AMFlavia Rezende ,   Brazil

BeijingTrip.com :8/26/2009 9:31:00 PM

The No.4414 arrives in Beijing at 3:59am; the No.4454 leaves from Chengde at 9:49pm and arrives in Beijing at 3:31am. The price for hard seat is 20 RMB.

Which long distance bus station in Beijing has bus going to PingYao? is there a bus schedule? and what is the cost? Thanks for all the helpful info from your site.

Reply8/24/2009 2:31:00 PMHelen ,   Malaysia

BeijingTrip.com :8/24/2009 11:24:00 PM

Thanks for your question.

Currently there is no long-distance bus from Beijing to Pingyao. Here we suggest you go there by train and you may choose from K603, 1163 and 2602 and the ticket prices for hard seat are respectively 92, 81 and 55 RMB. The train journey is a little more than 12 hours.

Thanks for ur earlier info.
1)Pls.advise me how to go about if I prefer to take subway all the way from Yonganli station to the nearest subway station @ The Badaling Great-Wall. How many times do I need to get out in order to transfer to another Line? 2)What will be the total cost and roughly how much time will take?
Thank you in advance.

Reply8/18/2009 1:09:00 AMJel i ,   Singapore

BeijingTrip.com :8/18/2009 9:50:00 PM

The train going to the Badaling Great Wall leaves at Beijing North Railway Station, which is very near Xizhimen Metro Station. You can take the Metro Line 1 from Yonganli to Jianguomen (abt. 5 minutes) and transfer to Metro Line 2 to Xizhimen (abt. 25 minutes); then walk to the train station (at least 15 minutes).

The train number and departure time is as below:
Y561 06:08
Y563 07:26
Y565 08:00
Y567 09:33
The train journey takes about 70 minutes. After getting off, you need to walk for 15 minutes to Badaling Great Wall tourist area.

The total cost will be 19 RMB: 2 RMB for metro and 17 RMB for train ticket.

Have a good trip and thanks for your trust in beijingtrip.com!

1)What is the cheapest and convenient way of transportation to go to The Badaling Great Wall from Harmony Hotel Beijing. 2)Roughly how many hours it takes from the Hotel to the Badaling and how much will be the cost? 3)What is the opening hours of the Badaling? 3)Are there places for Lunch within walking distances at the Great Wall?

Reply8/17/2009 3:18:00 AMJel i ,   Singapore

BeijingTrip.com :8/17/2009 11:34:00 PM

1. The Harmony Hotel you mentioned should be near Yonganli Subway Station; so the cheapest and the most convenient way is to take subway to Deshengmen and catch the Bus No. 919 to Badaling.

2. Subway from Yonganli to Deshengmen takes about 10 minutes and the ticket price is CNY 2; it costs less than 1.5 hours to get to Badaling by No.919 bus and ticket is priced at CNY 12.

3. For detailed travel information of Badaling, you can refer to this page: http://www.beijingtrip.com/attractions/greatwall/badaling.htm.

4. Yes. There are restaurants in the near market of the Badaling tourist area, but foods there could be very expensive; you may take your lunch yourself.

We are planning to visit Beijing in November and will stay at the Great Wall Sheraton. Are there convenient subway stations and/or buses that will take us to the famous Xidan and Wangfujing shopping areas? What will be the travelling time? Thanks.

Reply8/16/2009 12:35:00 AMT S KWEK ,   Canada

BeijingTrip.com :8/17/2009 9:34:00 PM

Thanks for your inquiry.

The nearest subway station from the Great Wall Sheraton Hotel is Nongzhanguan. You need to walk southward to get there and take the Metro Line 10 to Guomao; transfer to Metro Line 1 and get off at Wangfujing or Xidan. The traveling time will be no more than 15 minutes.

Thanks for supporting beijingtrip.com!

We (4 persons) have to travel from the cruise harbor in Xingang to Beijing airport, one way.
Can anybody please suggest
Thanks a lot

Reply8/5/2009 11:28:00 AMjos ,   China

BeijingTrip.com :8/5/2009 9:55:00 PM

Thanks for your inquiry.

Here we suggest a fast way: from Xingang Port you take a taxi to Tanggu Railway Station where you catch the Beijing-Tianjin Intercity Train to Beijing South Railway Station; then take a taxi to Xidan Civil Aviation Building where you can catch the Airport Bus to Capital Airport.

Thanks for supporting beijingtrip.com!