Home : Beijing Transportation : Comments

I arrive late into Beijing past midnight, I need to get to Schobrunn Hotel, 125 West 4th Ring Northern Rd, Haidan. Does the shuttle bus go that way,if my only option is taxi, how much would the fare cost, I am aware after midnight its an extra 20% on top of fare. Thanks any feed back would be appreciated

Reply9/14/2011 4:09:04 AMdawn ,   Australia

Bill :9/14/2011 7:47:08 PM

hi Dawn,
you can take the airport shuttle bus line 4 to Zizhu Bridge stop, which is only 5.3 km from the hotel, then you can take a taxi to the hotel. the fare for airport shuttle bus is CNY 16, and the taxi fare is about CNY 20.
if you take a taxi from the airport, it will cost you over CNY 130.

Hi there,

I need to go to the Capital hotel(#3 Qian Men East street) from Beijing international airport, can you please tell me which shuttle bus should I take.

Reply9/9/2011 1:39:06 PMAtousa ,   Canada

rita :9/12/2011 11:54:42 PM

you can take airport shuttle bus line 3 to the last stop (Beijing Railway station), and take taxi to the hotel.

I read somewhere that I can buy train tickets (i.e. Beijing-Shanghai) from inside the Beijing Capital Airport. Is this information accurate? If so, where exactly inside the airport? TIA

Reply8/24/2011 6:55:36 PMFrederick Sy ,   Philippines

Tina :8/24/2011 7:20:05 PM

there's news about it, but no train ticket office in the airport now.
you can book the ticket through this website.

Hi. I need to get to Renmin University from the Peking International Airport. What would be the easiest and cost efficient way to travel there?

Reply8/16/2011 7:47:33 PMCharlie ,   Canada

Beijinger :8/16/2011 7:58:56 PM

the easiest way is to take airport shuttle bus line 4 to Youyi Hotel (Friendship Hotel), and walk for about 300 meters to the university. (CNY 16; over 2 hours)
but it will be faster by subway. subway airport express line to Dongzhimen station, and then line 2 to Xizhimen Station, and then line 4 to Renmin University, exit from Exit A1, and walk less than 200 meters. (CNY 26; 1.5 hours)

We’re travelling to China for a conference during September 2nd week to be held n Shanghai. We would like to visit the Badaling great wall. Will we be able to get to The Great Wall site from Beijing railway station and get back to the railway station within say 7 hours? We’re not planning to stay in Beijing, instead we plan to come and leave on the same day in train to Shanghai. Any suggestion and also the most feasible transportation that we should take for our trip to work out well.

Reply7/31/2011 10:05:44 PMSami ,   United Arab Emirates

candy :8/1/2011 7:11:46 PM

i don't think it is possible. it takes at least 5 hours from Shanghai to Beijing by train.

Hi.

I am arriving at the Beijing International airport at 11:00 pm. Please tell me the cheapest way to get to the Inner Mongolia Grand Hotel Wangfujing; I believe it is close to the Forbiden city. Thanks

Reply7/26/2011 5:29:55 PMMiguel ,   Mexico

Zaca :7/26/2011 7:11:13 PM

hi Miguel,
you can take the airport shuttle Bus to beijing Railway Station, and walk for about 500 meters to the hotel.

hi,i want to know how may hours does it take to get to beijing international airport from beijing south train station by taxi.and how much does it cost.during rush hour around 6:30pm

Reply7/25/2011 10:07:22 AMnana ama appiah ,   Ghana

May :7/25/2011 6:29:58 PM

it takes less than 1 hour if there's no traffic jam, and costs about CNY 120.

we are a budget traveler..we're looking for a cheap hotel near in tsunghua university or within can you please give me and how much the cost per night.
from the philippines where is the best airport we land to reach tsunghu university

Reply7/24/2011 4:57:55 AMroverose ,   Philippines

Darvin :7/24/2011 7:48:34 PM

there are cheap hotels within the university. the price is less than CNY 100 per night for one person.
Beijing Capital International Airport.

What is the best way to trnsfer from Tianjin airport to Beijing?What are the cost and how?

Reply7/23/2011 6:46:36 PMElaine ,   Malaysia

Eva :7/23/2011 8:29:42 PM

hi Elaine,
the best way is to take the airport bus to Beijing.
the ticket is CNY 35.
the bus journey takes about 2 hours.

We will arrive Peking at 15h15 with Malaysian Airlines. We need to travel to Jinzhou, Liaoning. Where is the nearest train station and which terminal. Also advise the cost of the train tickets.
Many thanks,
Fredericka

Reply7/5/2011 4:08:25 AMFredericka ,   Namibia

Beijinger :7/5/2011 6:41:23 PM

you need to go to the Beijing Railway Station to take the train.
from the airport to the railway station, you can take the subway airport express line to Dongzhimen station, and then subway line 2 to Beijing Railway station.
if you can arrive at the station by 18:20, you can take the bullet train to Jinzhou, and the ticket is CNY 149 for hard seat and CNY 178 for soft seat.

Hi,we are 4 persons arriving 1130pm to Beijing International. Our hotel is on Qihelou Street,Dongcheng District. How much is taxi and one taxi fetch 4 persons with luggages? Thanks

Reply6/30/2011 8:29:40 PMMichelle ,   Singapore

Halliary :7/2/2011 10:50:41 PM

about CNY 80-90.

We (4 persons) are staying at The Emperor Hotel. Please advice what is the best way to get to the Great Wall (safe and cheaper way)? Thanks Michelle

Reply6/30/2011 8:40:53 PMMichelle ,   China

Samuel :7/2/2011 10:48:18 PM

hi Michelle,
you can take a taxi to Deshengmen, and take the bus no. 919 to the Badaling Great Wall.

Hello! What is the easiest way to get to Mutianyu great wall from Sanyuan bridge area? I'm going with multiple people, and would prefer taking the subway metro system, as we do not have a car for the time being. Thanks!

Reply6/25/2011 9:07:49 AMMike ,   Canada

Sally :6/25/2011 6:37:27 PM

hi Mike,
there's no subway to Mutianyu Great Wall.
you can take bus No. 867 from Sanyuanqiao Bus Stop to Yujiayuan stop, and change a bus No. 936 branch (936支) to Mutianyu Great Wall.

Hello - I need to travel from Beijing airport (PEK) to the Renaissance Hotel in Tianjin. I believe the high speed train is a good option, but can you tell me the details? I know I will need to take some taxi's to and from train station. Thanks

Reply6/22/2011 2:16:25 PMJohn ,   United States

yoyo :6/22/2011 7:34:08 PM

first, you need to get to the Beijing South Railway station from the Airport:
take the subway airport line to Dongzhimen station, and subway line 2 to Xuwumen station, and subway line 4 to beijing South Railway Station.
take the bullet train to Tianjin railway station;
take a taxi to the hotel.

1. How do I get from capital airport to my hotel: Beijing CBD Jialong Sunny Hotel-Forbidden City?

2. What is the best way to get to badaling part of the great wall from downtown beijing?

thanks,

curtis

Reply6/20/2011 8:44:53 PMcurtis ,   China

Sara :6/21/2011 12:09:02 AM

1. take airport shuttle bus Line 3 to the Chaoyangmen Stop and walk northward along the Second Rind road for about 250 meters, and turn left to the Chaoyangmennei Avenue and walk for about 300 meters, you will find the hotel;
2. the best way is to take the Bus no. 919 from Deshengmen station to the Badaling.

Hi,thanks for this web site.I am going to Beijing from Shanghai by train.Please tell me how do I get Citytel Inn Nanheyan street..I'm a budget traveler.
What would be the best way from Citytel to go to Great Wall,Summer Palace,Silk market and Zoo.thanks

Reply6/11/2011 9:52:30 PMAngela ,   Indonesia

Beijinger :6/11/2011 10:57:02 PM

if you take the bullet train from Shanghai to Beijing, you will arrive at the Beijing South Railway station.
from Beijing South Railway Station to the hotel:
take bus No. 20 to Tiananmen East stop, and change to bus No. 82 to Nanheyan stop and walk for less than 100 meters you will find the hotel.
from the hotel to the Great Wall: bus No. 82 to Zhonglou Beiqiao North, and bus No. 380 to Deshengmen. at Deshengmeng bus station, you will find the tourist bus No. 919 to the Badaling great wall.
to summer Palace:Bus No. 82 to Tiananmen East, and transfer to Subway line 1 to Xidan station, then subway line 4 to Beigongmen station. Exit from Exit D, you will see the entrance of Summer Palace.
to Silk Market:bus No. 82 to Tiananmen East and transfer to Subway line 1 to Yong'anli Station, exit from Exit A, you will find the market.
to the Zoo: bus No. 82 to Tiananme East, and transfer to Subway line 1 to Xidan Station, then subway line 4 to the Beijng Zoo station, exit from Exit A.

what is the cost of getting to the Redwall Hotel Beijing (near the Forbidden city) via subway from the Airport? I read that the airport line to Dongzhen is RMB25 per person. Similarly I read that a taxi will cost about 40-70RMB. If it is so makes sense to take a taxi (we are 2 people). Please confirm.

Thanks for your help
Vanessa :)

Reply6/2/2011 2:24:52 PMVanessa ,   Canada

Rebecca :6/2/2011 8:02:28 PM

hi Vanessa,
if you take subway airport line, you have to transfer to subway line 2 at Dongzhimen, and then take a bus and walk for about 150 meters. the costs is RMB(25+2+1)*2=56. if by taxi, it will cost about CNY 75-90 for you two from the airport to the hotel, but you don't need to walk. so i suggest taxi.

Gidday,
What is the quickest way to get from Beijing Airport to Jixian please. Can we take a taxi from Beijing airport direct to the Star Patten hotel near the reservoir. I am going for the Ironman race on the 29th May.

Reply4/30/2011 2:06:00 AMCam ,   Hong Kong, China

Cam ( Hong Kong, China ) :5/2/2011 7:44:00 AM

thanks.

Sharon :5/2/2011 4:06:00 AM

yes, you can take a taxi. it takes about 1.5 hours and costs nearly CNY 300.

I arrive into Beijing at 11:00pm by an internaitonal flight on a wednesday evening. Is there any transport available at mid-night to the Beijing Hilton? Greg

Reply4/26/2011 7:59:00 PMGreg Dennis ,   Australia

Jean :5/2/2011 3:42:00 AM

hi Greg,
not sure whether the reply still helps.
you can only take a taxi at the time you arrive.

Hi, I want to go to Xiang he (Hebie) furniture market. Can I get a bus from Beijing?

Reply5/1/2011 8:44:00 PMAdem ,   Ethiopia

Beijinger :5/2/2011 3:47:00 AM

yes Adem,
you can go to the Beijing Railway station and find a bus stop named Beijing Railway station East, and then take bus No. 938 direct to the market.