Home : Beijing Transportation : Comments

hi, we would like to take the airport express and subway going to Shatan Hotel. What entry and exit stations should we take?

Do we need to take bus after taking the subway or is hotel walking distance from the subway station?

Aside from Taxi, how do we go to mutianyu wall like train?

Where is: Summer palace, temple of heaven, 798 district art gallery? Can we tour all 3 and the mutianyu wall in one day?

Reply8/11/2012 4:10:33 AMSheila ,   Philippines

David :8/11/2012 8:28:13 PM

You have to make several transfers from Beijing capital airport to Shatan Hotel by airport express and subway. You have to walk for some distance between the transfers, and you have to take a bus after the subway. When you arrive at the last stop, you still have to walk for about 500 meters.

Personally, I advise you take a taxi instead.

Besides taxi, Tourism Bus No. 867 also can take you from Dongzhimen to Mutianyu.
Summer Palace is located in Haidian District northwest of Beijing City. Temple of heaven is located on Tiantian Rd., Chognwen District. 798 art gallery is located in HCaoyang District. They are far from each other. You can't visit the three places with Mutianyu in one day even if you hire a car.

Is there an Airport Shuttle Bus that will take me to a major hotel in Dong CHeng District.I can then catch a taxi to Days Inn Forbidden City,1 Nawanzi Bystreet,Nanheyan St,Dongcheng?

Many thanks, John

Reply8/10/2012 1:25:53 AMJohn ,   Australia

David :8/11/2012 8:33:03 PM

No direct bus from Beijing capital airport to Days Inn Forbidden City hotel. You can take airport express train from the airport to the Terminal Dongzhimen, transfer to Beijing subway line 2 to JIanguomen Station, then chaneg to Subway line 1 to Wangfujing, and finally walk to the hotel within 10 minutes.

Can I buy a First Class ticket on G13 Bullet train Beijing to Shanghai at Longyang Station,Shanghai when I get there? This is fir return trip Baijing-Shanghai on 10 September?

Your asistance greatly appreciated. John

Reply8/6/2012 3:13:47 AMJohn ,   Australia

Emily :8/7/2012 6:19:51 PM

yes, you can buy the ticket at the train ticket outlet near Longyang Subway Station.

John ( Australia ) :8/7/2012 6:12:54 PM

Hi Emily,thanks for your reply. I am flying Shanghai,Xian and to Beijing,and the G13 from Beijing to Shanghai only. So I it is ok to by at Lonyang Station still? Thanks John.

Emily :8/6/2012 7:03:01 PM

you will arrive at Shanghai Hongqiao Station if you take G13 Bullet Train, and you can buy the ticket back to Beijing at the Hongqiao Station instead of the Longyang Station.

Is there an airport shuttle from Beijing Capital Airport,(flight ex Xian),to Days Inn Forbidden City,1 Nanwanzi Bystreet,Nanheyan Street,Dongcheng Dist ?

Thanks, John

Reply8/6/2012 3:10:10 AMJohn ,   Australia

Roy :8/6/2012 7:00:25 PM

there is no direct airport shuttle bus from the airport to the hotel. you can take a taxi (the fare is around CNY 80), or take the airport shuttle bus line 7 to Ciqikou stop, walk eastward along the road for about 100 meter and turn left to the Chongwenmenwai Street and walk for about 100 meters, you will find the bus Stop of Ciqikou North, take the bus No. 60 and get off at Nanyeyan stop, you will find the hotel.

We are arriving in Beijing Airport at midnight September 23 from HuangShan. How much would a taxi cost to get to Jade hotel,5 Zhide Alley, Beiheyan street.Dong Cheng district.
When we go back to the airport, it will be during rush hour can you tell me how to do it by subway.

Reply8/2/2012 6:19:49 PMB.W. ,   Canada

Emily :8/2/2012 7:56:37 PM

tha total taxi fare is no more than CNY 100.
you can also take the airport shuttle bus (night line) to Chaoyangmen stop and take a taxi to the hotel. the bus fare is CNY 16 per person, and the taxi fare is CNY 15.

I'll be attending a few meetings in early Sept. at Peking University (western suburbs of Beijing. As I check possible public transportation possibilities (from the airport, to major tourist attractions in Beijing) it seems like the University is well off the beaten track and rather difficult to use public transport. Is this true? Would I be better to stay at a hotel in a more centralized location and taxi to my meetings, rather than to stay near the University? Thx!

Reply7/4/2012 7:07:23 PMJames ,   United States

Ashley :7/4/2012 7:26:20 PM

take it easy James.
many buses reach the university, plus there is a subway station at the east gate of the university (East Gate of Peking University Station of subway line 4).
my suggestion is you stay near the university or inside the campus (they have hotels inside the campus) which is very convenient for you to attend the meetings. for leisure time, you can take the subway, buses or taxi to the city center for shopping or short trips.
the Summer Palace and Old Summer palace are not far from the univerity, plus the Tsinghua University (China's best university) is also nearby.

I am arriving beijing capital airport by 1 am, what is the taxi fare for 3 adults and one children to get to tangyu hotel near tiananmen area ? Please advise

Reply6/15/2012 9:04:27 PMmike ,   China

David :6/17/2012 11:10:31 PM

I think you mean Tangyue Hotel in stead of Tangyu hotel. The taxi fare of Beijing at night is CNY11 for the first 2.4 km (1.5 miles) and an extra CNY3.4 per km for the left journey. Thus, it costs about CMY120 from Beijing capital airport to the hotel for a single way at night.

Hello! It looks like this forum is very helpful and has good answers. I have a 6 hour layover at Beijing Capital international airport. Will I have enough time to visit the summer palace? That is my number one choice but maybe there might be another place that is closer? If the summer palace is possible, what is the best way to get there and for how much? Maybe it might be worth it to see if I can extend my layover? Thank you in advanced for your help. It'sahort notice but my layover is this Saturday.

Reply5/29/2012 8:35:49 AMmckenna ,   United States

Lisa :5/29/2012 6:54:25 PM

first of the first, you need to make sure you have the valid visa for you to travel in Beijing.
let me show the time you need to spend if you go to the Summer Palace:
subway from the airport to the Summer Palace: 1- 1.5 hours. so it will take nearly 3 hours on the way for a round trip. then you have only 1 hour in the scenic area, and for the left 2 hours you need leave it to the check-in and check-out procedures in the airport.
if you extend your layover in beijing, i think the first place you should go is the Forbidden City rather than the Summer Palace.

Is it possible to buy a train ticket in Beijing train station for a trip from Datong to Pingyao (day train)

Nabil

Reply4/22/2012 2:45:23 AMNabil ,   France

Blaire :4/23/2012 11:17:58 PM

yes, it is possible.

Hi! What is the best and cheaper way to go Jade Hotel #5 North Zhide Alley. Beiheyan Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China

Reply4/18/2012 11:40:49 PMmarie ,   Philippines

Amanda :4/19/2012 6:45:54 PM

from where? the capital airport or a railway staion?

Hi, how would I get to Qian Men Tour Bus Station from No.5 North Zhide Alley, Beiheyan Street, Dongcheng Dist, Beijing? Is it a walking distance from #5North Zhide Alley, Beiheyan Street, Dongcheng District?

Reply4/18/2012 11:45:25 PMmarie ,   Philippines

Terry :4/19/2012 6:53:26 PM

the hotel is about 3 km from the Qianmen tour bus station. you can walk eastward along the North Zhide Alley to the traffic light, and then turn left to Beiheyan Street and walk northward for another 200 meters to Beijing Maternity Hospital bus stop to take a bus No. 82 for 4 stops to Qianmen.

I'm currently in Beijing. I was wondering if it was worth staying at the Emperor hotel which is meant to have a great view onto Tiananmen square?

Apart from that, do you know how long it takes to get to the great wall, what time should we leave to get there and have enough time to climb up and down and walk around the great wall?

Do you know where we could a cooking class?

Thanks a mill!

Reply4/18/2012 1:51:55 AMVanessa ,   Ireland

Tina :4/19/2012 7:14:11 PM

for less touristy and beautiful, i will choose the Mutianyun Great Wall.

i don't know any cooking class in Beijing, but i know there are many online or television cooking class which teaches foreigners to cook Chinese food.
i know a pretty good website:

i think 4 days are enough or a tour to Guilin.

Vanessa ( Ireland ) :4/19/2012 4:14:57 AM

Thank you Ruby for your advice. I don't know which part of the wall to visit. Which one is less touristy and beautiful in your opinion?
Indeed I was wondering if you knew of any cooking class, maybe at someone's home or somewhere else, in Beijing?

Another question. Next week, we have 4 days to do something different. We would like to leave Beijing, but were wondering what you would advise us to do? Would we have enough time to go to the river at Guilin?

Thanks a mill!

Ruby :4/18/2012 6:36:02 PM

I think it is worth to stay at the hotel. Besides near to Tiananmen Square, it is also separated from Palace of Heavenly Purity (Qianqinggong)only by a wall.

There are several sections of Great wall in Beijing, Please advise which one you will visit, Badaling, Mutianyu, Simatai or any one else?

Do you mean to have a Chinese food cooking calss during your China tour?

We are coming to Beijing near summer palace. We would like to travel in bullet train. So, How can we reach beijing south railway station from summer palace? What is the distance? And How much time it takes to reach Beijing south railway station?

Reply4/11/2012 10:42:16 PMSri ,   India

Tracy :4/12/2012 7:13:26 PM

you can take the subway line 4 from the North Gate of the Summer Palace to Beijing South Railway station.
it takes about 1.5 hours and costs CNY 2.

Hi, Can you please advise how can I travel to Citytel Inn hotel near forbidden city from Beijing South Railway Station? How much does it cost?

Reply4/1/2012 2:00:34 AMLeng ,   Malaysia

Taylor :4/1/2012 2:40:28 AM

take bus Np. 20 from Beijing South Railway station to Tiananmen East stop, and change to bus No. 82 to Nanyanhe stop. the hotel is just 80 meters north to the bus stop. it costs only CNY 2.
you can also take a taxi which costs about CNY 25.

We're arriving Beijing Capital Apt on Sunday,5/3. Can you tell me how much for a taxi to Days Inn Forbidden Hotel? If taxi is too expensive, I may consider taking the Beijing Railway. Can you give me the directions, how far is the station to the hotel and how much it would cost?

DLau

Reply3/28/2012 12:36:26 PMD Lau ,   United States

Hank :3/28/2012 7:34:10 PM

the taxi fare is no more than CNY 100 per cab (at most 4 people in a cab).
if by subway, you can take subway airport express line to Dongzhimen station, and line 2 to Chongwenmen station, exif from Exit B2 and take a bus No. 60 to Nanyanhe stop, you will find the hotel. the fare by subway plus bus is CNY 25 + 2 +1 = 28 per person.

We are arriving from Shanghai to the Beijing South railway station. (26 March) Besides taxi, what then is our quickest way to Bedaling and/or Mutianyu Great Wall? We are arriving at 1240pm and would like to go straight there the afternoon we arrive. Thank you!

Reply3/20/2012 9:47:50 AMjeanette ,   United States

Lily :3/20/2012 6:57:02 PM

hi jeanett,
the quickest way is to take a subway line 4 from Beijing South Railway station to Xizhimen and walk to the Beijing North Railway station (about half an hour), and then take the 13:33 bullet train to Badaling (about 1 hour).

hi, I will be going from Beijing to Tianjin, from Tianjin railway station, how do I get to the Italian street? How about the other places of interest in Tainjin, are they all assessible by subway?

Reply3/17/2012 6:21:53 AMchris ,   Singapore

Hank :3/18/2012 7:55:18 PM

The Italian street is just 10 minutes' walking from Tianjin Railway station. Other Places of Interest in Tianjin include Ancient Cultural Street, Dagu Fort and Huangyaguan Great Wall. Most of them are unavailable by subway.

hi. we are arriving at beijing airport at 1am this april. what convenient bus or taxi for family, 4 adult 1 child to city tel inn @ Nanheyan street Dongcheng Distrct. thank yo.

Reply3/18/2012 3:47:59 AMAiza Denia ,   Philippines

Frank :3/18/2012 8:04:26 PM

I'm afraid no bus at that time, adn the only choice is taking a taxi. However, since there are 4 adults and one kid in your group, maybe you have to take two taxis. Or you may book and airport pick-up service through a local China travel company in advance.

what are the ways of reaching badaling hot springs resort from beijing south railway station?

Reply3/15/2012 11:14:49 PMNiranjan ,   India

Babara :3/16/2012 8:39:03 PM

you can take bus No. 919 express bus to Yanqing Dongguan, and then a bus No. 920 to the last stop.

I am in Beijing now. I shall go the Yibin on 13 March and come back on 16 March in Beijing. Then I need to stay in Beijing for 2 days. I want a cheap hotel near city center so that I can take a airport shuttle bus/subway express from the airport and go the the hotel near city center and on 18 March can come back to the airport in the same airport shuttle bus/subway express. Pls. help me in this regards in detail...

Reply3/10/2012 5:58:26 AMMasud Alam ,   Bangladesh

Rita :3/10/2012 11:25:14 PM

Considering to your requirements, I would advise Sunworld Dynasty Hotel, Rainbow Hotel or Shatan Hotel near to the Tiananmen Square.