Home : Beijing Transportation : Comments

My husband & I are arriving in Tianjin on March 16, 2011 on the Ocean Princess. Which Tianjin Railway station is the closest to the Cruise Port Terminal or which of the three railway station do we go to so we can take the bullet train to Beijing. How long do it take to go from the port terminal to the train station & how much does it cost? Do we take a cab?Which Beijing terminal do we arrive at. Can I buy my train tickets at the station? Do I buy a round trip ticket? Can I wuse a credit card?

Reply2/28/2011 3:16:00 AMLynn Atkins ,   United States

Mindy :3/6/2011 2:46:00 AM

Ok, i c
it takes over 1hour from the port to Tianjin Railway station, costs about CNY 137.

Lynn Atkins ( United States ) :3/2/2011 3:24:00 AM

I know that the Tanggu Railway station is the closest to the port. We dock at the International Cruise Home Port on Dongjiang Rd., I read on a web site that if traffic is not heavy it will take about 40 minutes. Traffice will most probably be heavy as we get of the ship at 7:30 AM. In checking the Bullet train schedules from Tanggu station, there are not many train leaving for Beijing & returning to Tianjin/Tanggu. If we mis the 8:30 AM train there is not another train until after 12 noon. Also, the return times are not very frequent either. The 4:00 PM train get in Tanguu around 5 PM. Again during hearvy traffic time. If the cab ride back to the ship terminal take longer than the 40 minute time we could possibly miss the ship as it leaves Tianjin at 7 PM. In looking at the Tianjin Railway sttation timetable there are Bullet trains leaving all the time going to & from Beijing. How long will it take to get to the Tianjin Railway station by taxi from the port? Keeping in mind, that we will leave the port around 7:30 AM by cab & return from to the port from the Tainjin Railway station around 4 PM.

Mindy :3/1/2011 8:19:00 PM

yes, it is very easy to take a taxi at the port.
there are bullet train from the Tanggu Railway station to Beijing.
the station is about 10 km from the port.

Lynn Atkins ( United States ) :3/1/2011 2:28:00 AM

Is it easy to get a taxi from the port in Tianjin? Does the Tanggu Railway station have the Bullet train to Beijing? How far is the station in time?

Mindy :2/28/2011 9:32:00 PM

the Tanggu Railway station is the nearest. you can take a cab there, only costs about CNY 20.
you can buy the ticket for the bullet train when you arrive at the station.
you will arrive at Beijing South Railway station.
how long will you stay in Beijing? usually you can get the ticket 20 days in advance.
if you stay there less than 20 days, you can get the round trip ticket when you arrive at Tianjin. if longer, you need to buy the ticket when you are in Beijing.

I arrive at the Tianjin port by cruise ship on 20Mar2011. What is the best way (fastest and economical) to get from the port to our Beijing hotel? I will have a large suitcase to haul with me.

Reply2/4/2011 12:03:00 AMBob D. ,   United States

Bob D. ( United States ) :2/26/2011 10:00:00 PM

Charles,

I arrive the day before on the 20th aboard Regent's Voyager. I have booked a tour that includes pick up at the port, to Beijing hotel, 2 day sightseeing and delivery to the airport for departure.

charles scourfield ( Australia ) :2/25/2011 5:39:00 PM

I arrive at Tianjin port on 21 March 2011 on cruise ship Azamara Quest. I wonder if this might be the same as yours. I have made similar enquiries and have been advised that Tanggu station is the closest to the docks which will cost about 25 RMB to get there. The C trains go to Beijing South station

Bobby :2/5/2011 9:31:00 PM

Take a taxi from the port to Tianjin railway station to take a train to Beijing. And then take a taxi to yout hotel.

My husband and I are also on Diamond Princess arriving Tianjan Port 3rd March 2011 for 3 days stay in Bejing. Maybe we could join up with fellow travellers for transportation into Beijing on the 3rd. Please contact if possible.

Reply1/8/2011 2:07:00 PMMary Cooke ,   United Kingdom

Linda Manoll ( Costa Rica ) :2/22/2011 8:47:00 PM

Be aware that there are a limited number of buses out of Tanggu....as opposed to about 70 daily out of Tianjin.

Percy Costes ( United States ) :1/24/2011 9:45:00 PM

It appears that we are in the same cruise ship. We will also stay in Beijing for 3 days. We will be staying at the Sunworld Dynasty Hotel in Wangfujing Ave. We would be interested in joining up with fellow passengers for transportation to Beijing. Please contact. Email: prcostes@gmail.com

owen wright ( Canada ) :1/11/2011 6:21:00 PM

Mary
We too are on the Diamond Princess and are going into Beijing on that day. I have looked into how to do this and my travel agent said we have to go from the port to the railway station of Tanggu on the outskirts of Tianjin, a ride of about 8 minutes by taxi. We then board the fast train and are in Beijing about 30 minutes later, arriving at Beijing Railway Station just a bit south-east of Tiananmen Square. The cost for "soft class " is 84 yuan or about 5 pounds. Our cabin # on the Diamond is D 408. My email in Vancouver is orpwright@telus.net

we are staying at the Beijing marriott city wall hotel,and we need to get to the port tianjin on the 3rd of march to pick up the cruise the diamond princess we were wondering if anyone would like to share transport

dawn

Reply2/18/2011 9:50:00 AMdawn ,   United Kingdom

i will be with my wife in the best year courtyard hotel in tiananaman on the 4 4 11 en route for the cruise diamond princess how much is the taxi to go there and anyone will like to share the cost with us
if i take the bullet train do we have to book and how much is to the port of tanggu thank you very much for you re help
chris

Reply2/5/2011 9:40:00 PMchris ,   Australia

Patty ( Canada ) :2/16/2011 10:00:00 AM

Hi Chris, I checked the Princess boarding times and they are boarding by room category so our times probably won't match up. The train looks pretty straightforward so we are just going to take a taxi and then the bullet train to tanggu and then a taxi in. Good luck with your transport.

CHRIS ( Australia ) :2/10/2011 9:41:00 PM

HI PATTY, I SEE U COMME FROM CANADA I COME FROM FRANCE BUT LIVE IN AUSTRLAI WITH A FILIPINO WIFE, YES WE CAN ARRANGE THE BULLIT TRANSPORT (A COPY OF THE TGV )in second class we will see each other in tianaman square when we arrive howmany people are u i dont have a telephone number right here
christian

Patty ( Canada ) :2/9/2011 8:39:00 PM

We are on the April4/11 cruise (diamond) and are staying a few kms away at the lee garden apts. Possible we could share transport or figure out how to take the bullet train together.

David :2/5/2011 9:45:00 PM

You can just take Bus no. 20 from tiananmen square est to Beijing south railway station to taka a bullet train to Tianjin. The bus ticket is RMB1 and the train ticket is RMB58 fro second class. Then take a taxi to the port with CNY20.

Does anyone have an idea what time will walk out princess diamond cruise from singapore that is scheduled arrived at 4:00am?
How long will go through china custom from Tianjin cruise terminal?
Thank you!

Reply2/5/2011 10:49:00 PMJeffrey Santos ,   Canada

carlos :2/6/2011 8:21:00 PM

princess diamond lives Singapore at 6:00 PM. it takes less than 30 minutes to go through Tianjin Port if everything goes smoothly.

hi there, what is the best way from tianjin cruise terminal to beijing capital airport? princess diamond will arrive around 4:00am, i believe that im able to depart from cruise terminal around 6:00am. but my flight depart at 12:00noon. should i take railway or airport shuttle since the cruise line charges US82.00 for shuttle bus that is a little overpriced. thank you!

Reply2/3/2011 3:44:00 AMjefferey santos ,   Canada

Daniel :2/5/2011 9:29:00 PM

You can take a direct bus from Beijing capital airport to Tanggu Passengers Transport Center directly. It takes about 3 hours. later, take a taxi to Tianjin port.

i will be in bejing on the 1 4 011 i will like to take the ship diamond princess at tianjing home port i will like to take the train from tianmen square to the port anyone help please thank you

Reply1/31/2011 11:46:00 PMchris ,   Australia

Bruce :2/5/2011 8:54:00 PM

Tkae Bus no. 20 from Tiananmen Square east to Beijing South Railway station to take a train to Tianjin Railway station, and then take Bus no. 102 to the port to take the ship.

My husband and I will be taking the Bullet train from Beijing South Railway station to Tanggu train station. What is the least expensive mode of transportation from Tanggu train statin to Tianjin Internatinal Cruise Home Port? We will be boarding the Diamond Princess on March 3 at 3 PM. Thank you.

Reply1/30/2011 4:23:00 PMLoretta ,   Canada

Hank :1/30/2011 8:03:00 PM

You can take Bus no. 102 from Tanggu train statin to Tianjin Internatinal Cruise Home Port directly.

Re previous mail regarding sharing transportation from Tianjan Port from Diamond Princess on 3rd March to Beijing omitted address to contact

maryecooke@tesco.net

Anyone have comments on Novotel Xin Qiao, Beijing?

Reply1/8/2011 2:18:00 PMMary Cooke ,   United Kingdom

herbert thier ( United States ) :1/22/2011 5:52:00 PM

My wife and I arrive in Tianjin on March 3, 2011 on the Diamond Princess. We need to go directly to the Beijing Airport for our flight at 1:30pm to San Francisco CA. Do you or anyone else have our needs or a suggestion
Thanks,
Herb
thier@berkeley.edu

Hi. My family & I (5 pax) are flying from KL (on AirAsia) to Tianjin on Mar 9, 2010. Our holiday is in Beijing. We are staying at Courtyard Beijing Northeast (Chaoyang District). What is the best way to go from Tianjin airport to Courtyard Beijing? Appreciate your advice. Tx.

Reply1/16/2011 9:44:00 PMVincent ,   Malaysia

Bobby :1/17/2011 8:14:00 PM

You can take the long-distance bus from Tianjin Airport to Bawangfen of Beijing, and then take a taxi to your hotel.

Hi Elva,
Thank you for your answers. What if I want to leave from the Tianjin cruise terminal to the Tianjin International Airport the same morning. How far and how much will be the cost of the taxi? I know there are different colors of taxi. Which color of taxi is more trustworthy?

Reply12/22/2010 1:43:00 AMEvan ,   United States

Elva :12/22/2010 8:32:00 PM

It costs around CNY180 for about half an hour. There are red and blue-green taxis in Tianjin, and the latter are new and better, I think.

Hi Elva,
Here are my questions:
1. What is the earliest taxi available if I disembark around 5am to go to the train station?
2. I will stay at Lee Garden Apartment at Beijing for one night, and my flight will leave at 4pm. How much time do I need to go to the Beijing Airport? How much will it cost if I plan to take a taxi?

Reply12/20/2010 2:47:00 AMEvan ,   United States

Elva :12/20/2010 8:18:00 PM

hi Evan,
1, don't worry about the taxi, there are some taxies running all the night. so i think you can get a taxi when you disembark.
2. it taks about 40 minutes to one hour from your hotel to the airport, but maybe longer if the traffic is bad. so i think you need to leave around 12:00am. the taxi fare is about CNY 80.

Early planners. My wife and I will arrive at Tiajin Port on 3rd March 2011. As we are travelling independetly from the cruise ship we would like to travel to Beijing via Bullet train. I have been strongly advised, as we will have two large and two small suitcases, that it is not advisable to travel by bullet train as it is frowned upon and there may be lack of space. can you advise on above. Also, if this mode of travel is not feasable what suggestions can be made. Ship arrives 0400 hrs and our flight at Beijing airport is 2300hrs

Reply9/14/2010 5:35:00 PMJim s ,   United Kingdom

Glynn K ( Australia ) :11/30/2010 3:50:00 AM

Jim we are likley on he same cruise (Diamond Princess)if so we can perhaps share a transfer

glynn.kelly@uq.edu.au

Anne :9/14/2010 9:09:00 PM

hi Jim,
it is really not very convenient to take too much luggage, so i suggest you to lessen your suitcase. and for the Bullet Train, i heard that there are special places for large suitcase in the carriage, so don't worry about it.

We have just return from Beijing. Enjoyed China so much we have been back 3 days and are already looking to return. We arrived at Tianjin cruise terminal. It took three and a half hours to get to Beijing by road. I just met a Chinese student today and she said it take 30 minutes to get from Tianjin to Beijing by train. This site confirms that. But, we are looking at another cruise ending in Tianjin, so I was thinking of going to Tianjin from the cruise terminal. Now what is the best by to get here and how much would it cost, by whatever? The student said it costs 75 Yuan/RMB to go from Tianjin to Beijing.

Reply10/7/2010 9:30:00 AMAngus Falconer ,   Australia

anna :10/7/2010 9:28:00 PM

i am confused. which cruise terminal are you going to go? as far as i know, all the cruise terminals are located in Tanggu District in Tianjin, so if you are in Tianjin Cruise Terminal, you are very close to 'another cruise ending', you can just take a bus or taxi there.

hello, which is the fastest way to reach tianjin railway station from Tianjin airport? My flight is supposed to land at Tianjin airport by 14:35 and i should catch the train which starts from tianjin station at 16:10. Can i make it? Which is the best way to have a try? Please sugegst..

Reply10/2/2010 1:50:00 PMShahin ,   India

Lucy :10/5/2010 9:47:00 PM

I think the fastest way is to take a taxi from the airport to the railway station. Tianjing Airport is about 20 km away from Tianjin railway Station, you may make it. Please don't worry.

how much the charges for the train/bullet train from Tianjin International Airport to Beijing and how long does it take to reach there? Much appreciate!

Reply9/13/2010 10:37:00 PMEileen ,   Malaysia

Jony :9/14/2010 8:52:00 PM

there's no trains from Tianjin International Airport to Beijing. you need to take the airport shuttle bus from Tianjin International Airport to Tianjin Railway Station (about 20 minutes, CNY 10), and then take the intercity express train from Tianjian Railway station to Beijing South Railway Station (30 minutes; CNY 59 for hard seat, CNY 68 for soft seat). or you can just take the airport shuttle bus from Tianjin Airport to Beijing Bawangfen Long-distance Bus Station (2 hours; CNY 35).

I will re-phrase my questions:

In Changping, are the bus stops for Line no.919 and Line no.314 on the city streets or are they in the parking area for the Ming Dynasty Wax Museum?

If the bus stops for Line no.919 and Line no.314 are on the city streets, which streets are they located?

What is the distance between the bus stops for Line no.919 and Line no.314?

Can we walk between the bus stops for Line no.919 and Line no.314 without crossing traffic on city streets?

What is the distance between the stop for bus no.925 and bus no.314?

Thank you.

Reply9/5/2010 11:57:00 AMDouglas

anna :9/5/2010 9:21:00 PM

The two stops are on the city street, the stop of bus no. 314 is on Jingyin Road which is to the east of the wax museum, while the stop of bus no. 919 is near the south gate of the wax museum which is to the south of the museum. the distance between the two stops is about 700 meters, you can just walk between them, but you need to crossing traffic on city streets.
Bus No. 925 and 314 stop at the same bus stop.

In Changling, are the bus stops for Line no.919 and Line 314 and Line 325 all in the parking lot of the Ming Dynasty Wax Museum? What is the distance between the stops? Can we walk between stops without going on to city streets with traffic?

Thank you.

Reply9/3/2010 11:42:00 PMDouglas

anna :9/4/2010 10:03:00 PM

Bus No. 325 can not get to the Museum. you can also take Bus No. 376 or 925. the bus stops are not far from the museum, you can just walk to the museum.

Hi, Does anyone know if there is a problem taking luggage on the bullet train Beijing to Tanggu? I'd be grateful for advice. Thanks

Reply8/23/2010 12:07:00 AMJennifer ,   Australia

Elva :8/23/2010 9:20:00 PM

i don't think there's any problem.