Home : Beijing Transportation : By Train : Comments

We are planning to go from Beijing North Railway Station to Badaling at the end of October with the S2 Line but cannot find updated information.
Do you have an updated schedule to and from Beijing?
Also, can we buy tickets on-line?

Reply10/2/2010 10:57:00 PMOliver ,   Canada

Sera :10/7/2010 9:18:00 PM

hi Oliver,
the train No. has already been changed into Y567/Y575. i recommend train No. Y 567, it departs at 09:33 from Beijing North Railway Station, and arrives at Badaling at 10:42. when getting back, you can take train No. Y 580 (departs at 15:22) or Y 588 (departs at 19:40).
tickets are not avaiable on-line.

Oliver ( Canada ) :10/6/2010 9:04:00 AM

Sorry about the confusion. I read somewhere that there is a train going from Beijing North Railway Station to Badaling-Great Wall and I would be very interested in taking it. However, I cannot find information about schedule.

Lisa :10/5/2010 9:50:00 PM

What do you mean by 'S2 Line'?
if you mean the bus tickets from beijing North Railway Station to Badaling, I'm sorry that they are unavailable on-line.

We will be in Beijing and need to board a cruise ship. Do we take a train to Tianjin? From which Beijing Railway Station? I was told to take a cab from Tianjin to the port. Any comments? Thanks.

Reply8/26/2010 3:17:00 PMAlex ,   United States

Shawn ( United States ) :9/22/2010 9:00:00 PM

Alex, you seem to know how to get around well. How late do the trains run in Beijing? Is it possible to get a late train midnight-ish from The capital airport to south station then to badalang? I know it's a stretch! Also, are there any online options for ticket purchase?

Sera :8/29/2010 8:57:00 PM

you're welcome Alex, nice trip!

Alex ( United States ) :8/28/2010 10:53:00 PM

Thank you Swra. Pretty helpful. Thanks again.

Sera :8/28/2010 9:30:00 PM

you can go to Beijing South Railway Station and take the intercity train from Beijing to Tanggu, when you get off at Tanggu Railway station, you can take a cab to the port.

Thanks a lot,
Please do you know how much it cost me to take a taxi to Diplomatic Office Building, 14 liangmahe Nan Lu in Chaoyang District from Beijing South Railway Station.

Reply7/10/2010 9:48:00 PMStan ,   Malaysia

Bella :7/11/2010 5:53:00 AM

about CNY 40.

Hi everyone,
Please I need someone to direct me on how to get to Diplomatic Office Building, 14 liangmahe Nan Lu in Chaoyang District from Beijing South Railway Station.
Any help ll be appreciated.

Thanks.

Reply7/10/2010 5:50:00 PMStan ,   Malaysia

Bella :7/10/2010 9:15:00 PM

you can take Bus No. 652 at the South Square of Beijing South Railway station, and get off at the West Liujiayao Bridge (Liujiayao Qiao Xi), then walk to the east to take Subway Line 5 to South Cross of Huixinxijie (Huixinxijie Nankou), and change to Subway Line 10 to Liangmaqiao Station. exit at Exit B and then walk to the east. there's no direct bus or subway to the Diplomatic building, so you can also take a taxi from the railway station.

How long does it take to travel by train from the UK to Beijing?

Reply5/27/2010 6:25:00 PMMary Jones ,   United Kingdom

Lily :5/27/2010 8:35:00 PM

hi Mary,
as far as i know, there's no direct train from UK to Beijing, if there was, it must take a very long time. i think an airplane may be a better choice.

I want to take the train from Ulan Bator to Beijing on Saturday July 3, 2010. I have not been able to find any travel agents that can book this. Please help! This is the only day that fits my itinerary. I will need 2 first class tickets. Thank you!

Reply5/9/2010 3:30:00 PMCatherine ,   United States

Forum Moderator ( China ) :5/10/2010 9:30:00 PM

We are sorry that we are now only providing train tickets booking service within China.We will provide you our best service if you need such service in China.

Greetings.. Beijing airport at 2.00pm. Where to get a train to Chengde.
HOw long does it take to Chengde? Is it an overnight travel or few hours.
Can a return tickek back to Beijing be bought at the same time>
Appreciate in your reply. Thanks.

Reply4/5/2010 6:26:00 PMdorothysam ,   United States

Robert ( Singapore ) :4/5/2010 9:43:00 PM

You may take Subway Line 10 (airport line) to Dongzhimen, and then change to Subway line 2 to Beijing Rauilway Station, finally take Train 4452/4453 to Chengde. It is a overnight train departing at around 24:00 and arriving at about 06:00.
I'm not sure whether you can buy a round-trip train ticket.

I am arriving at Tianjin Binhai Airport on 20th March, and want to catch the fast bullet train to Beijing, where I am staying at the Beijing Continental Grand Hotel near the Olympic Village.
Please tell me the transport I have to take- is it a bus to Tianjin Railway Station, bullet train to Beijing South Station, and taxi to my hotel?
1. Which bus do I catch at Tianjin Binhai Airport to go railway station?
2. Must I stop at Beijing South, or is there another train station closer to my hotel?
3. From that Beijing train station, how long does the taxi take to go to my hotel, and what is the approximate price?
Thank you.

Reply3/16/2010 9:06:00 PMWilliam Lim ,   Malaysia

Bun :3/17/2010 8:46:00 PM

1. Take Bus No. 666 from the Civil Aviation College.
2.I think you must stop at the Beijing South Railway Station.
3. Sorry that I only know that you may take Subway Line 4 to Xizhimen first and then change to Bus No. 939 to the Olympic Village, which takes about 1 hour.

Please advise schedule and price for bullet train from beijing to Tianjin Port to embark on cruise ship on 25 March 2010. Thanks

Reply3/1/2010 3:19:00 AMKate ,   Australia

David :3/1/2010 8:18:00 PM

There is a train every 15 or 30 minutes from Beijing to Tianjin from 06:30 to 22:00.

What is the best way (cheapest) to travel from Ulan Bator to Harbin???

Reply12/20/2009 9:14:00 AMmarianne ,   Russian Federation

Cherry :12/21/2009 7:49:00 PM

I think you can take a train from Ulan Bator to Harbin.

Hi:

1) What days do the trains from Beijing to Erlian leave?

2) Can you tell me where the buses are to go to Erlian from Beijing? I know some are from the north of the city and some are from the south. I want to go from the south. Do you know where the bus station is? And how do I reserve a ticket?

Bob--thanks for your reply with that website...but it doesn't help...the train schedule doesn't tell me what days the train actually leaves Beijing, and the bus schedule doesn't give me details about what numbers to call to reserve tickets...

Reply12/17/2009 1:02:00 AMJulie ,   United States

Hi:

1) What days do the trains from Beijing to Erlian leave?

Reply12/16/2009 5:37:00 AMJulie ,   United States

Bob Zhang :12/16/2009 8:01:00 PM

You can search the info. from the website below:

We will be arriving by cruise ship docking at 7am in Tianjin, Thursday, what would the best way to travel to a hotel close to Beijing international airport?

Reply12/1/2009 10:37:00 AMOWEN LOWTH ,   Australia

Steven ( Iceland ) :12/1/2009 8:16:00 PM

There are airport shuttle bus every 30 minutes, departing at Tianjin Tianhuan Bus Station.

On 12/08 or 12/09/2009, I'm plannint to take a train from Beijing to Ulan Bator and return on 12/12 or 12/13/2009. Would you please provide me with a train schedule and price for return ticket. Also let me as how to purchase the ticket.

Ken

Reply11/30/2009 9:52:00 PMKen Lin ,   United States

Bob Zhang ( China ) :12/1/2009 8:09:00 PM

I only have the train schedule for you, but without the price details.
Train K23 from Beijing to Ulan Bator runs every Thuesday, departing at 07:45 and arriving at 13:15 of the next day(Wednesday).
Train K24 from Ulan Bator to Beijing runs every Saturday, departing at 07:55 and arriving at 14:04 of the next day (Sunday).

Dear Sir/Madam,

I will be flying with AIR ASIA to Tianjin. We are a family of 6 people's. We will be staying in Courtyard by Marriott HOTEL which is located at 3-18 Chong Wen Men Wai Street, Chongwen District. I would like to ask,
1. should we take 2 taxi's from tianjin to HOTEL directly?
OR
2. Tianjin take taxi or bus to Beijing Airport Train station and then to Beijing Railway Station then taxi to hotel?
or
3. Any other easier and quicker methods?
Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Reply8/29/2009 9:51:00 AMEDDY LIE ,   Indonesia

BeijingTrip.com :8/31/2009 10:32:00 PM

Thanks for your inquiry.

The most convenient and economical way is: take the airport bus from Tianjin Binhai Airport to Beijing Bawangfen Station; then catch the Bus No.715 and get off at Ciqikou Xi (Chong Wen Men Wai Street).

Beijinger ( China ) :11/16/2009 9:41:00 PM

Yes. You can take a coach from Tianjin to Beijing. The journey takes about two hours.

andy ( Indonesia ) :11/16/2009 9:15:00 PM

how long if i take bus from tianjin to beijing?
and if i cant speak mandarin save or not take a journy in china mainland?

We are 6 Malaysians coming to China for winter holiday on 26th Dec reaching Tianjin at 7.45am.May we know how could buy tickets in advance through internet,to Shengyang,then Erdao Baihe?We don't mind paying the necessary online booking charges.Thank you.

Reply10/19/2009 8:12:00 PMKwuck ,   Malaysia

Wu Heng ( China ) :10/19/2009 11:50:00 PM

As i know, there's no such service for booking train ticket on line.

In March 2010 I will be disembarking my cruise ship at Xingang Port. Could you tell me if there are taxis at the port to travel to Tianjin railway station and how easy it would be to catch a train to Beijing. What would the estimated cost be?
Kind Regards
Diane Waudby

Reply10/12/2009 2:32:00 PMDiane Waudby ,   United Kingdom

Tianjin guy :10/12/2009 10:37:00 PM

hi, Diane
You can catch the Tianjin-Beijing bullet train from Tianjin Tanggu Railway Station which is nearer to Xingang than Tianjin Railway Station. From Xingang Port, you can take the No. 102 bus or a taxi to Tanggu Station. It should be easy to get a ticket immediately you get to the station. The train ticket is priced at 58 and 69 yuan. Have a nice trip:)

We are looking for a cheaper option. Are there any busses from Beijing to Qingdao and where do they depart from?
Thanks a lot for your help.

Reply5/7/2009 5:59:00 AMCecilie ,   Denmark

BeijingTrip.com :5/7/2009 10:20:00 PM

Hi, Cecilie
The Beijing-Qingdao coaches depart from the Yongdingmen Long-distance Bus Station and Zhaogongkou Long-distance Bus Station. The tickets are priced between CNY 130 and CNY 160. But the cheapest way should be the T25 train, of which the hard seat ticket is priced at CNY 116.

Hi
We are in Beijing now but hope to move on to Qingdao as soon as. Is it possible to do the trip by bus and which busstation?
Thanks a lot!

Reply5/6/2009 12:53:00 AMCecilie ,   Denmark

BeijingTrip.com :5/6/2009 10:57:00 PM

Why not choose the express train, which only takes about 6 hours?

Hallo,
we will arrive in Beijing on 29th of April and leave on 1st of May to go to Tianjin by Intercity Train. We still need the train tickets and hopefully there will be enough time. How do we get after arrival from Tianjin Station to Xingang port? (cruise terminal)
Thank you for your help!

Reply4/25/2009 12:46:00 PMMarianne, ,   Germany

BeijingTrip.com :4/28/2009 12:17:00 AM

Thanks for enquiry.

You mean from Tianjin Railway Station to Tianjin Port? Should you take the bus, you can firstly catch the No. 605, 621, 805 or 815 bus to the Tanggu Railway Station, where you transfer to No.102 bus to the port. Or you may take a taxi direct there.