Home : Beijing Transportation : Comments

Pls. call the telphone number on the receipts. Best regards.

Reply9/6/2009 8:03:00 AMrowan ,   China

Hi Everyone,

I just got back from Beijing this evening. I am quite angry with some of the taxi drivers. I noticed during this visit, and only this trip, that many of the taxi drivers do not give you change after you pay. They only give me the receipts after asking for them several times. They all ask dumb and try to keep the change. It is disgusting to see they will do anything to cheat you. In fact, I gave up arguing with the taxi driver from my hotel to the airport. I gave him 100RMB for a 70RMB charge. I was too tried and simply just want to leave this country. I am upset that I did not take down his taxi number. I do have the receipt. Is there a place I can complain? Please help.

Thanks,

Keith
May 16, 2009

Reply5/17/2009 1:47:00 AMKeith ,   United States

Should be around 70 RMB. You'd better take the airport bus, only 10 yuan.

Reply4/22/2009 10:06:00 PMSen Ma

From airport to xidan.. usually how much is the taxi fare.. thanks...

Reply4/22/2009 5:29:00 AMnoda ,   Saudi Arabia

Beijing taxi drivers often refuse to transport passengers if they don't believe the passengers are going to the airport or further. My family and I were brushed off by dozens of taxis near Bei Hai Park and the Forbidden City until one finally picked us up. He told us that as long as we have a stroller (for our baby daughter), taxi drivers would refuse to pick us up because they figured we were only traveling to a nearby hotel. That was last March. This past week, we revisited Beijing and their attitude has grown even worse. We had some speed through the taxi queue at a Beijing mall when they saw that we had a stroller. When we finally got one, we told him where we were going (to my wife's uncle's home in south Beijing) and he drove us in circles to run up the fare. These people have really become an embarrassment to the city. I've been to China 16 times, but will not return to Beijing.

Reply4/4/2009 8:40:00 PMJitsusoji ,   United States

Well, that depends on the type of car you choose. Commonly the price is at least 100 yuan a day.

Reply3/4/2009 9:46:00 PMLiya ,   China