Home : Beijing Transportation : Comments

I am sick of the drivers driving past me because I am not Chinese - yet stopping only a few metres past me to pick up a Chinese person. I've had drivers stop, then look at me, and then try to drive off. Today I got into one cab, and he told me to get out. I told him I would phone the Supervisor, but he started to push me out physically. (His ID number: 253130). Only 30 minutes later, another driver let a passenger out, and I went to his car. He also said no, but I know the law says he cannot refuse a fare. I got in, so he got out of the car. A few minutes later he got in and turned his sign to 'Pause'. He then went around to the passenger side and started to pull me out of the car. (His ID is 279459). I tried phoning the Supervisor, but the menu is all in Chinese and I can't understand it. I've never come across such a racist people before in all my travels around the world.

Reply5/15/2011 11:50:00 PMRuss ,   China

What is the normal taxi fare from PEK Airport to Forbiten city

Reply4/19/2011 4:41:00 PMdaniel ,   Romania

Jim :4/19/2011 10:55:00 PM

within CNY 100.

Can I get a taxi at the airport that weill seat 4 adults and hold six piece of luggage

Reply4/17/2011 6:50:00 AMAl ,   United States

Beijinger :4/17/2011 11:08:00 PM

6 piece of luggage? i don't think one taxi can hold all of them. i suggest you take two taxies.

hello is it possible to get a taxi for 6 people from the airport to central plaza if so how much thanks

Reply4/8/2011 10:03:00 AMpeter atkins ,   United Kingdom

Hank :4/8/2011 9:02:00 PM

It's possible to take a taxi from the airport to Central Plaza, but one taxi can carry at most 5 people including the driver. You are a group of 6, so you have to take 2 taxis, costing about CNY120 per taxi for a single way.

what public bus i can take from west train station to tiananmen square? thanks

Reply1/19/2011 9:54:00 AMchris ,   Philippines

Daniel :1/19/2011 8:31:00 PM

you can take bus no. 802, 9, 673, 502 from Beijing west Railway Station to Tiananmen directly.

Can I get a taxi at 5:00AM in the morning from near forbidden city to catch my early morning flight from Beijing Airport?

Reply1/8/2011 5:02:00 PMAbbas ,   United States

Bobby :1/10/2011 9:25:00 PM

yes, you can.

Do any taxis in Beijing have child seats?

Reply10/9/2010 6:49:00 AMsarah arthur ,   Australia

Angela :10/10/2010 9:08:00 PM

i am afraid there's no child seats in Beijing taxies.

What is the normal taxi fare from PEK Airport to Best Western OL Stadium ?

Reply9/28/2010 11:19:00 PMJohn S ,   United States

John S ( United States ) :9/29/2010 9:46:00 PM

Thank You !!!! : - )

Rube :9/29/2010 9:05:00 PM

about CNY 80 in daytime, and CNY 90 during the night.

i used a yellow and green taxi today 5/9/2010 at the yashow market. Iforgot ma phone and other items, is there a way i can get the name of the company coz i didnt get a receipt.

Reply9/5/2010 7:55:00 AMdertch ,   China

Elva :9/5/2010 9:07:00 PM

you may try to enquire the taxi company.

We will be arriving in Beijing October 11th at 11:30 pm (24:30) what should be the average fee for a taxi for 3 adults from the airport (PEK) to Dongcheng area

Reply8/10/2010 7:39:00 PMRich ,   United States

andy :8/10/2010 8:54:00 PM

about CNY 80 - 90.

I left something in a taxi which is the best way to try and get it back?

Reply6/17/2010 2:34:00 AMYvonne ,   China

anna :6/17/2010 8:30:00 PM

you can try to contact the taxi company, or ask the police for help.

M any tks Daniel for your reply to my previous question. I understand there are taxis waiting for customers at Badaling train station. May i know how much does it cost from the train station to the Great Wall entrance? If we decide to take the PULLEY, is the PULLEY near the ticket booth? Tks.

Reply3/15/2010 11:56:00 AMAnthony ,   Singapore

Steven :3/15/2010 8:57:00 PM

It doesn't cost too much from the railway station to the Great Wall entrance, since it is just about 500 meters away.

The cable car is very near to the ticket booth, please don't worry.

Is there a taxi that can ferry five persons in Beijing. Tks

Reply3/10/2010 10:24:00 AMAnthony ,   Singapore

Daniel :3/10/2010 7:30:00 PM

I don't think so, only if 3 of the five are children.

i take a taxi from guanqumenwai daji to guanghua lu junction of zhenzhi lu. the distance is 3.4 kms and the meter fare varies during the day between RMB 12 and 14. Today I took a taxi and the distance is 3.4 km, but the fare is RMB 17. This is excessive and the meter appears faulty, but the driver insisted that I pay him RMB 17. The taxi no. is B-H1755 and the no. alongside the driver's photo is: 261606. Can the authorities please take necessary action and confirm?

Reply1/5/2010 5:20:00 AMshastri ,   China

Daniel :1/5/2010 7:43:00 PM

You can call 010-68351150 to make a complaint.

Please my names are Fatolu Oluwakemi Esther,am a foreigner student on Dongbei Dianli university Jilin city,Changchun province.please i lost my international passport inside the Beijing taxi on the 25th November 2009 around 10.25pm ,i took the taxi from the airport terminal 2 to Dawanglu unfortunately i did not remember to collect the taxi ticket but if i see the taxi man i can identify him.Please sir and ma,i need your assistance to help me inform all the taxi companies in Beijing to tell any driver that help me to see the passport should kindly call this number 13699245764 or take the passport to Nigeria Embassy or Beijing lost and found Taxi office.Thank for your assistance

Reply11/27/2009 2:41:00 AMFatolu oluwakemi esther ,   China

David ( China ) :11/27/2009 4:09:00 AM

You can report to the police station in Beijing.

The taxi drivers need to be further regulated to a standard where they represent the city of Beijing to tourists and visitors and not just try to gouge visitors with as much money as they can get. Twice we have been treated badly and overcharged by taxi drivers in Beijing by driving around uselessly to run up the rate. I've travelled to many countries and cities and have lived in Asia. Beijing seems to be the worst place to use taxis and it leaves a veryt bad imprint in a visitors' experiences of your lovely city.

Reply10/7/2009 6:31:00 PMteresita ,   Canada

we would like to hire a taxi in beijing for 3 days from 7-9 november 2009 from 10.30am-9.30pm kindly advice charges and reccomendation of a reliable taxi company. Thank you

Reply10/2/2009 12:14:00 AMaudrey kwan ,   Malaysia

Pls. call the telphone number on the receipts. Best regards.

Reply9/6/2009 8:03:00 AMrowan ,   China

Hi Everyone,

I just got back from Beijing this evening. I am quite angry with some of the taxi drivers. I noticed during this visit, and only this trip, that many of the taxi drivers do not give you change after you pay. They only give me the receipts after asking for them several times. They all ask dumb and try to keep the change. It is disgusting to see they will do anything to cheat you. In fact, I gave up arguing with the taxi driver from my hotel to the airport. I gave him 100RMB for a 70RMB charge. I was too tried and simply just want to leave this country. I am upset that I did not take down his taxi number. I do have the receipt. Is there a place I can complain? Please help.

Thanks,

Keith
May 16, 2009

Reply5/17/2009 1:47:00 AMKeith ,   United States

Should be around 70 RMB. You'd better take the airport bus, only 10 yuan.

Reply4/22/2009 10:06:00 PMSen Ma