Home : Beijing Transportation : Comments

hi i am arriving to beijing on 7dec at midnight . what transport can i take to swisstel ? plase advice the prices and how long it will takes to arrives

Reply12/4/2011 8:33:29 AMjoyce wee ,   Slovenia

Zack :12/4/2011 5:01:41 PM

hi Joyce,
it takes about 40 minutes by taxi, and the taxi fare is CNY 80.

I'm wanting to go to Marco Polo Parkside Hotel from the airport, the hotel offered transfer at RMB (is it the same as CNY?) 450 per one way, to the hotel and back to the airport again the following evening. I wonder how much it would cost taking a taxi instead? And how long the trip should take..

Reply11/28/2011 5:23:09 AMDanni ,   Japan

Alicia :11/28/2011 5:45:45 PM

Hi Danni,
RMB is the same as CNY.
it takes less than CNY 200 to the hotel and back to the airport.
and trip only takes about 50 minutes.

Hi, Ni Hao, after arriving from Tianjin to Beijing South by rail, what is the best option of transport to travel to Beijing West station?

Reply11/23/2011 11:59:58 PMharry ,   Malaysia

Kevin :11/24/2011 4:41:40 PM

Bus no. 72 just travels between Beijing South Railway Station and Beijing West Railway Station.

Hi
Appreciate if you could answer my enquiries. i will be arriving Beijing on 8 Nov and wish to take a cab to crowne Plaza beijing

1. What is the cost like to take the cab from airport to hotel
2. Any realiable cab company you would recommend?
3.Is there a recommended tour agency visit great wall ?

1. Whic hAny

Reply10/27/2011 9:07:40 PMTheresa Lee ,   Singapore

Mark :10/28/2011 5:54:25 PM

1. around CNY100
2. the cabs at the airport are all reliable. Please don't worry. I have been to China many times.
3. Why not just book a tour through thise company at http://www.beijingtrip.com/travel/package/ ?

What is the taxi fare with english speaking driver from Beijing International Airport to Continental Grand Hotel situated near beijing International convention centre

Reply10/19/2011 7:24:34 AMD P deb ,   India

Iris :10/19/2011 8:18:51 PM

hi D P deb,
i'm not sure which driver speaks English, but many taxi drivers in Beijing can speak simple English.
the taxi fare from the airport to the hotel is about CNY 70.

I would be arriving at 1am in Dec 2011. Please advise whether there would be problem getting a taxi from the airport to a hotel in Wangfujing at such unearthly hour? Also, what is the estimated taxi fare?

Reply10/18/2011 7:23:10 PMKoh ,   Singapore

May :10/18/2011 8:57:30 PM

hi Koh,
there's no problem getting a taxi, and the taxi fare is about CNY 100.
actually, you can take the airport shuttle bus line 4 to the last stop,Gongzhufen, and take a taxi to the hotel, which will only costs CNY 16+30=46.

I have stop in Beijing PEK for 7 hrs.

I will arrive at 1225 hrs ( from India) and depart at 2000 hrs ( to Shanghai).
How much Taxi charge for Airport>>Great Wall ( 1 hrs at great wall) >> Airport.

Pls advice

Reply10/14/2011 3:51:29 AMpranav ,   India

Jack :10/14/2011 5:57:17 PM

The taxi driver may charge you at least CNY600. By the way, I don't think you have enough time to visit the great wall.

We are taking our first trip to Beijing. Some friends recently returned and told us that at the grocery store, they were refused by seven taxi's who just said "no" when they tried to get in the taxi. They finally found someone to drive but that is frightening. They are also had cabs who got lost and they spent a lot of time driving around. What gives? How can we avoid this during our precious vacation time? Thank you!

Reply10/9/2011 8:32:01 AMBig Momma ,   United States

tina :10/9/2011 8:07:02 PM

why not take a private tour?
you will have your private car, driver, and tour guide all the way.
i booked a private tour from this website (www.beijingtrip.com), and my family and i had a very good time in Beijing last year. the most impressive part is they can arrange the route and accommodation according to my requests.
see the Beijing tour here: http://www.beijingtrip.com/travel/package/

Hi ,

i am planning to visit Beijing on 20th october & will be there till 22nd October 2011,
Can u suggest me:
1. how much it wil cost to pick from airport to capital international airport hotel?
2. taxi for sightseeing on 20th(half day) & 21st (full day) in beijing covering forbidden city, greatwall (which is near badling or..?), tianamen suare & some good shopping areas.
3. 22nd october will be dropping us to beijing airport.
4. we need a driver cum guide who can assist & suggest good places to shopping & sightseeing

please help me in this .

thanks & regards

kushi

Reply10/8/2011 3:01:27 PMkushi ,   India

Susan :10/8/2011 6:53:32 PM

hi Kushi,
1. hotel is very close to Terminal 1 and 2 and a cab drive of about 20-30 minutes from Terminal 3, and this is only good for transit but not stay;
2. i suggest you take a private or small group tour. you can find many tour packages here:
this website also provide tailor-made tour packages, which will arrange the routes and accomdation according to your requirements. you will also have your own driver and car for sightseeing. here is the reservation form:
and the tailor-made servation form:

We intend to visit Fragrant Hills during end of Oct. We will stay near Nanheyan Street/Wangfujing. what will be the taxi fare like? As we r a group of 7, so may be is more convenient to take 2 taxi instead of taking a bus. Thank you very much.

Reply9/11/2011 9:48:11 PMYL ,   Malaysia

Bill :9/12/2011 11:36:35 PM

about CNY 70 for one cab, so you need to pay about CNY 150 for the two cabs.
i still suggest you to take the public transportation, which is much cheaper. you can take subway line 1 to Fuxingmen station, and line 2 to Xizhimen Station, and transfer to bus no. 360 or 634 to the Fragrant Hill.

hi how much a taxi fare will cost from Floral Plaza Hot Spring Hotel 200 m north of the Daliushu Huandao, Xiaotangshan,Beijing, to Marco Polo Parkside hotel at anli road.tq. is there a subway i can take.??

Reply9/1/2011 5:03:55 AMarun ,   Malaysia

Remond :9/4/2011 7:59:06 PM

it costs about CNY 55.
you can also take bus No. 984/985 and get off at Hui Zhong Bei Li stop, and walk to the hotel (only 100 meters' walk)

does anyone now how much it would cost to get a lift for 6 km in a taxi in beijing

Reply7/15/2011 8:00:51 PMsamantha ,   Australia

sasha :7/16/2011 7:54:34 PM

around CNY 20 in daytime, and CNY 30 at night.

I intend to use one big luggage for two persons, can the taxi be able to fit into the booth of the car?

Reply6/30/2011 4:40:32 AMroccoto ,   Malaysia

Neviel :7/4/2011 7:18:43 PM

yes, it can be put into the car.

Sahn :7/2/2011 8:57:23 PM

how big? it can be put into the booth of the car if it is not a huge one :)

My lagguge size is 75cm. by 61cm. Is it fit enough to go into the car's booth of Beijing taxis?

Reply7/4/2011 4:24:20 AMrocco ,   Malaysia

Further to my earlier posting: I had a friend help me to phone the number 68351150 displayed on the ID card. It is a recording only, no possibility to speak to a person. You have to send the fapio by post or fax to make a complaint. But my complaint is about taxi drivers refusing a fare - so I obviously don't have a fapio.
Beijing is NOT friendly to foreigners, even though many of the people are.

Reply5/16/2011 12:02:00 AMRuss ,   China

Leo ( United States ) :6/14/2011 4:25:08 PM

I just came back from Beijing. And want to file a complaint against one of those cab drivers for driving me around town for 40min in almost complete circle. I have his fapiao and everything. Could you advise where such complaint should be faxed? Thanks

I am sick of the drivers driving past me because I am not Chinese - yet stopping only a few metres past me to pick up a Chinese person. I've had drivers stop, then look at me, and then try to drive off. Today I got into one cab, and he told me to get out. I told him I would phone the Supervisor, but he started to push me out physically. (His ID number: 253130). Only 30 minutes later, another driver let a passenger out, and I went to his car. He also said no, but I know the law says he cannot refuse a fare. I got in, so he got out of the car. A few minutes later he got in and turned his sign to 'Pause'. He then went around to the passenger side and started to pull me out of the car. (His ID is 279459). I tried phoning the Supervisor, but the menu is all in Chinese and I can't understand it. I've never come across such a racist people before in all my travels around the world.

Reply5/15/2011 11:50:00 PMRuss ,   China

What is the normal taxi fare from PEK Airport to Forbiten city

Reply4/19/2011 4:41:00 PMdaniel ,   Romania

Jim :4/19/2011 10:55:00 PM

within CNY 100.

Can I get a taxi at the airport that weill seat 4 adults and hold six piece of luggage

Reply4/17/2011 6:50:00 AMAl ,   United States

Beijinger :4/17/2011 11:08:00 PM

6 piece of luggage? i don't think one taxi can hold all of them. i suggest you take two taxies.

hello is it possible to get a taxi for 6 people from the airport to central plaza if so how much thanks

Reply4/8/2011 10:03:00 AMpeter atkins ,   United Kingdom

Hank :4/8/2011 9:02:00 PM

It's possible to take a taxi from the airport to Central Plaza, but one taxi can carry at most 5 people including the driver. You are a group of 6, so you have to take 2 taxis, costing about CNY120 per taxi for a single way.

what public bus i can take from west train station to tiananmen square? thanks

Reply1/19/2011 9:54:00 AMchris ,   Philippines

Daniel :1/19/2011 8:31:00 PM

you can take bus no. 802, 9, 673, 502 from Beijing west Railway Station to Tiananmen directly.