Home : Beijing Transportation : Comments

We would like to take a taxi from the airport to Park Plaza Wangfujing. Are there any extra charges like toll or fuel, besides paying the fare displayed on the meter?

Reply4/26/2012 12:54:36 AMAlyssa ,   Singapore

Anna :4/26/2012 6:45:47 PM

yes, there is CNY 3 of fuel charge and probably the charge for toll.
the taxi fare can be negotiated, and should be no more than CNY 150.

I had a terrible time getting a cab in Beijing on Monday. I was with two elderly women, one had a broken arm. We flagged down 5 taxis north of the Forbidden City. None would open their door for us. None would use their meters. They all wanted 80 yuan for a ride that should cost 20. This was the worst transportation experience I've had in 30 years and 20 countries. I have photos of all the taxi licenses and some photos of the drivers, two of whom don't post their id information. Where can I complain.

I've been to Beijing 10 times and have had a couple nice cabbies. Most are horrid though.

Reply4/5/2012 5:47:56 AMSusan ,   China

Jack :4/5/2012 6:26:48 PM

you can contact the Transportation Administration of Beijing. here is the official website:

I lost my mobile phone in cab this morning at fang yuan xi lu area. is there any way I can find them back

Reply4/4/2012 12:05:43 AMKefan Chen ,   United States

Tina :4/4/2012 6:03:40 PM

you can try to contact the taxi company, or you can call the Beijing Traffic Radio which most taxi drivers will listen.
the number is 65289999 - 2

How much Taxi or VAN fare from DAYS INN FORBIDEN CITY HOTEL to Great Wall Mutianyu...5pax, Roundtrip?...Is there ROAD TOLL-FEE or entrance fee GreatWall, How much each pax?

Reply4/3/2012 8:40:38 AMRol ,   Philippines

Fiona :4/4/2012 6:30:15 PM

it costs about CNY 250 for single trip from the hotel to Mutianyu in one cab, and you five need to take two cabs or one larger van.
the entrance fee for Mutianyu is CNY 25 for children and CNY 45 for adults.

I'm arriving at Beijing Capital at midnight. Would there be cabs at the taxi stand? Also, how much would the night fare cost from the airport to Xicheng Financial Street?

Thank you!

Reply4/1/2012 2:26:13 AMLynn ,   Singapore

Peter :4/1/2012 2:45:10 AM

yes, there will be taxi. and the taxi fare is around CNY 100.

Hi, we 5pax, will be arriving Beijing Capital Airport at 12midnight...Can we 5pax easily take taxi during that time to 43 Donganmen Street, Dongcheng Dist in one taxi? Ifever have to take two cabs, can the drivers easily be on convoy to the address?

Reply3/19/2012 8:05:33 AMVivian Greg ,   Philippines

Mars :3/19/2012 7:47:02 PM

you need to take two cabs. you can print the Chinese name of the place or hotel you intend to go and show it to the driver.
take it easy, you can get cabs at that time, just need to wait for a few minutes.

I will be arriving to Beijing International airport at around noon on a Sunday, how much will it costs to get to Park Plaza Beijing Wangfujing Hotel? We are party of 6, are there any taxi van in Beijing? Thank you.

Reply3/15/2012 6:11:14 AMJoyce ,   Canada

Ashley :3/15/2012 7:13:11 PM

you need to take two cabs for 6 of you, the cost is CNY 80 for one cab.

Hello, how long will I have to wait in the taxi queue at the airport - I arrive at 13.30? How much will it be to Emperor Hotel (Qihelou Street) and how long does it take? Thank you.

Reply3/11/2012 12:46:09 PMMit ,   United Kingdom

Hank :3/11/2012 8:17:57 PM

I think it won't take too much time for you to hail a taxi at the taxi station of the airport. There are always many taxis waiting there. The hotel is about 30 km away from Beijing capital international airport. It takes around 60 minutes from the airport to the hotel by taxi.

Hi, we are a group of 5 (3 are kids) with a luggage each of our own. Would it be easy to get a van at midnight? and how much would it cost to take us to Grace Beijing Hotel (Jiuxianqiao Lu, 2 Hao Yuan, 798 Yishu Qu, 706 Hou Jie 1 Hao) 798 Art Distriict? Where will we find a van? Thanks very much. So glad I found your site.

Reply3/2/2012 4:30:44 PMannie ,   Philippines

Tina :3/2/2012 5:43:37 PM

from where? the airport?
a taxi takes at most 4 passengers at a time, so i'm afraid you need to take two cabs.
you can get cabs at midnight, don't worry.
it costs around CNY 50 for one taxi from the airport to the hotel.

Do the taxis accept payment through VISA cards, or are they cash only?
Thanks, Max.

Reply2/25/2012 7:08:20 PMMax ,   Australia

Lisa :2/25/2012 10:30:27 PM

All of the taxis in Beijing accept payment by cash, some accept payment by Beijing Transportation smart card. But none of them accept visa card.

is it easy enough to get a cab early morning in Beijing. I fly out at 12.10 in the afternoon. So I thought I would set out early just have a rest at the airport. How early do taxis start? I am staying in Sanlitun right at Soho.

Reply2/24/2012 10:22:50 PMDom

JM :2/25/2012 1:37:45 AM

Hi Dom,
Beijing taxi runs 24 hours a day, so you can get one anytime, but it may be difficult to get one when Changing shift time (between 07:00 - 09:00).

hi...i need to know the taxi charge from Beijing Airport terminal 2 to Crowne Plaza Beijing Chaoyang U-Town?

Reply2/18/2012 5:23:11 AMsyuhada ,   Malaysia

Lisa :2/18/2012 6:21:26 PM

It costs around CNY70.

we are a party of 5 ( 2 adults, 1 teenage, 1 aged 9, 1 aged 8). We want to hire a one taxi that can fit all 5 of us in one car.We want to go to Mutianyu and Juyungguan and Ming Tomb. I guess we need 2 separate days. How should we arrange for the car hire? About how much is it? Is it too late to wait till we get to the hotel since we will be travelling in the summer. Is it reliable to book online in advance. Will the driver show up? Also are there any minivan taxis at the airport that can take all of us and the 3 suitcases. Thanks

Reply2/13/2012 6:45:14 PMWai Chan ,   Canada

Anne :2/13/2012 7:46:20 PM

Hi Wai Chan,
i think it is better for you to book a tour in advance, so that the travel agency will pick you up at the airport and also see you off when you are leaving.
Beijingtrip provide high-quality tailor-made tour packages, you may have a try.

Hi!

I want to ask if how much is the taxi fare from Beijing Airport Terminal 2 to Holiday Inn Express Dongzhimen (Dongcheng district)? We will arrive in Beijing 12:30midnight. Also, Is taxi easy to find during that time?

Reply2/6/2012 11:24:59 PMAngel ,   Philippines

Nancy :2/7/2012 5:52:11 PM

hi Angel,
the taxi fare is around CNY 80. take it easy, you can get a taxi at that time.

Hello, what is the estimated taxi fare from Beijing airport to Park Plaza, Jinbao Street, Dongcheng. Many Thanks

Reply2/6/2012 6:11:19 AMKapil ,   India

Amy :2/6/2012 5:29:53 PM

the taxi fare is about CNY 90.

I will be at Beijing Capital airport at around 9:40pm with a party of 4 people and 4 mid-side luggages. I need to take a taxi from airport to Beijing Tianrui Hotel (Wangfujing, Dongcheng). My questions are:
1)what is the estimated taxi fare? How long the trip should take from airport to the Tianrui hotel?
2)People told me that 4 people & 4 mid-size luggages will not be able to fit in one taxi. Is that true?
3) Are there different types of cabs? I read an article that stated there were different taxis such as red,black-and-yellow,green-an-white.... What's the difference? How can we aviod paying a double-fair on a taxi-ride from the Capital Airport?

thanks!

Reply1/29/2012 3:08:11 PMJane ,   United States

Nana :1/29/2012 6:09:03 PM

1. the taxi fare is around CNY 90. the trip takes about 40 minutes.
2. it will be a little crowded for four of you to get in one cab.
3. different colors just represent the cabs belong to different companies, but the sizes are the same. you can ask the taxi driver to meter or discuss an acceptable price with the driver before you get in. the fare should be no more than CNY 100.

Sir
Please inform me taxi fare from Beijing International airport to Hotel Swissotel Beijing(in Dongcheng-Wangfujing neighbourhood).Regards.
ARVIND

Reply1/21/2012 7:56:33 AMArvind ,   India

James :1/24/2012 10:25:15 PM

Hi Arvind,
the hotel is too far from the airport, the taxi fare would be around CNY 80.
you can also take the subway airport express line to Dongzhimen station, and line 2 to Dong Si Shi Tiao station, you will see the hotel as you exit from Exit C. the cost is only CNY 27.

My wife and I are arriving Beijing airport at 12 midnight and are going to Tianjin International Cruise Home Port located in Dongjiang Road, Tanggu, Tianjin. We are thinking of taking the airport shuttle bus if it's convenient. We will have two medium-size luggages. What are the schedules of departure from the airport? Also, does the bus make a stop at the Port?

Reply1/13/2012 6:40:20 PMDubbs ,   United States

Amanda :1/14/2012 6:25:19 PM

Hi Dubbs,
there is no airport shuttle bus to the Tianjin cruise terminal at midnight.
my suggestion is if time permit, you can spend the night in Beijing. and then take the earliest bullet train from Beijing to Tanggu at 07:20 in the next morning, and then take taxi to the cruise terminal.
you can search the train schedule at:

How much is taxi from Beijing airport to Tianjin cruise port?

Art, USA

Reply1/13/2012 12:31:01 AMDubbs ,   United States

Kevin :1/13/2012 1:52:47 AM

Why not take a airport shuttle bus to Tianjin? There are direct buses from Beijing capital airport to Tanggu Passengers Transport Center in fact. I think its both convenient and economic.

how does one get a taxi from Beijing south station to badaling? what would be the cost and time of journey?

Reply12/28/2011 4:18:54 AMniranjan ,   India

Mars :12/28/2011 6:29:26 PM

hi, you can get to the taxi parking lot at the first floor undergroud.
the taxi fare is CNY 250 - 300, and the jounrney takes about 1.5 hours.
actually, you can take subway line 4 from Beijing South Railway station to Ping'anli station, exit from Exit D and transfer to bus No. 83 to Deshengmen stop. take bus no. 919, 877, or 880 to Badaling Great Wall. it takes less than CNY 20, but takes longer, more than 2 hours.