Home : Beijing Transportation : Comments

I am very interested to go to fragrant hill on the 18th of september. How long does it take from tian an men square to fragrant hill by bus? and I also want to go to kangxi grassland by 919zhi bus. do you know how long does it take?

Thank you very much.

Reply8/18/2009 7:46:00 AMWidya ,   Indonesia

BeijingTrip.com :8/18/2009 11:11:00 PM

It will take at least one hour for you to travel from Tiananmen to Fragrant Hill by bus. You will need to take the Bus No. 22 first and transfer to Bus No. 331 at Tieshizitou.

The No.919zhi Bus goes from Deshengmen to Kangxi Grassland. The journey usually takes around one and a half hours.

Thanks for supporting beijingtrip.com!

I am a little confused. I have read elsewhere that I can catch the "Number 6 Tourist Bus" at Dong Si She Tiao (and other locations) to go to the Mutianyu section of the wall. Does this bus no longer run, or is it part of this new bus system? Can I still just catch the Number 6 Tourist bus at Dong Si She Tiao or do I have to go to a centralized location to buy tickets? Also, do the buses run all day long (like in Xi'an and other parts of China), or do I have to catch one specific bus at a specific time? Thanks for your help with these questions!

Reply8/4/2009 12:42:00 AMMichael ,   United States

BeijingTrip.com :8/4/2009 3:08:00 AM

Thanks for your questions.

As we know, the No. 6 Tourist Bus has been cancelled last year. Currently the highly suggested way to the Mutianyu Great Wall is taking the tourist bus operated by Beijing Tourist Distribution Center. The bus runs on weekend and public holidays at 7:30-8:30, departing from Xuanwumen. It is said the bus leaves when it is full.

Thanks for your trust in beijingtrip.com!

To mingyuan,
the No. 916 bus runs between Huairou and Yunmengshan from 6:00 to 20:00. i've just been there.

Reply5/25/2009 3:00:00 AMLi Xiaoteng ,   China

If I am taking the bus to yunmengshan, what time will the bus leave from yunmengshan?

Reply5/24/2009 10:00:00 AMMingyuan

When the Departure Place is 'Qianmen', does that mean Qianmen subway station?

How does a customer receive the tickets after booking them?

And how will the customer know which bus is their bus if they do not speak chinese?

I am interested in this tour as it looks like the best price I have found after hours of searching.

Reply4/28/2009 10:05:00 AMRosalie Milne ,   China

Hi, noda
there are various restaurants in Xidan area for you to choose. As i know, the Westine hotel also serves breakfast.

Reply4/23/2009 12:18:00 AMbeijinger ,   China

hello there, i would be going to xidan area directly from airport by bus and initially i was planning to have my buffet breakfast @ grand mercure, however i would still want to gather some suggestion as to where i could have a nice buffet breakfast from the surrounding hotel, coz i can't seem to find a nice review.. thank you

Reply4/22/2009 5:21:00 AMnoda ,   Saudi Arabia

hello... i'll be in transit in beijing for six hours.. is there any tourist spot near to the airport that i could checkout, so as not to waste so much time sitting.. thanks

Reply4/19/2009 9:52:00 PMLei

BeijingTrip.com :4/19/2009 11:15:00 PM

Hi, Lei

We are afraid that there is not any tourist attraction near the Capital Airport. If you like, you can take the airport bus to Xidan (about 40 minutes), where you can walk to the Tiananmen Square. If time is possible, you can visit the Forbidden City (for two hours).

Thanks for your trust in beijingtrip.com!

Hi There,

I am interested in the weekend bus to the Longqing Gorge. From what I understand I can book the tickets by telephone on the Saturday and then arrive on Sunday to pay for the tickets and take the bus. I am correct? What time does the bus leave Beijing? What time does it leave Longqing to return to Beijing? Just to be sure, is the Xuanwumen Dispatch Center on subway line 2? We have in the past used the Beijing Tourist bus service and have been very pleased with our adventure.

Cheers,
Joanne

Reply4/19/2009 4:03:00 AMJoanne ,   China

BeijingTrip.com :4/20/2009 2:21:00 AM

We are sorry that we are not sure about your question. The only information we can offer is to take No. 8 Tourist Bus (Beijing-Longqing Gorge) at Qianmen Station or Andingmen Station (West Subway Entrance). The specific bus schedule is not available.

Thanks for visiting beijingtrip.com!

I would like to go and visit the Longqing Gorge on Friday, the 17th of April. Would the Turist bus go there on that day?
Watm regards

Reply4/13/2009 3:56:00 AMKrzysztof ,   Poland

BeijingTrip.com :4/13/2009 11:59:00 PM

The tourist buses run on Saturdays and Sundays. If you want to go there by bus, you can go the Deshengmen Gate (Jianlou) and take the No.919 bus to Longqing County, then you take No.920 to the gorge. If you would like to go by metro, you can catch the S2 Line at Beijing North Railway Station to the county then No. 920.

Thanks for supporting beijingtrip.com!

My freind and I will have only 1 full free day and we must start our tour on the first day we aririve to Beijing which is Fri 6th Mar 2009. We will be arriving at Beijing airport around 6.50 am. Our hotel is Fujian hotel.
A must-see attractions are 1.Badaling Great Wall
2.Forbidden City

and if time allow : 3.Ming's Tomb

****how much will it cost with/without tour guide?
****would it be better for us to start our tour from Beijing airport and how much it will cost?

Reply2/22/2009 5:49:00 AMApiradee ,   Thailand

hi, i'd like to know if there is any way to get to badaling great wall from or near fangzhuang.

my friend and i will be arriving on 12 Feb09, at 1145hrs, and we would like to take half a day to be at the Great Wall.

Kindly direct us how we can make our way there on our own and also how to get back from there.

Thank you.

Reply2/6/2009 7:24:00 AMniki

TravelChinaGuide would like to offer Beijing Bus Tour to meet your needs. Usually, the tour guide will pick you up from your hotel(downtown area) directly.

Reply1/6/2009 8:08:00 PMtravelchinaguide ,   China

Hi, I'm interested to take a city tour;Badaling and Ding tomb in the Ming tombs on 07th Feb 09. I would like to know
Do you have a city tour to there in that day?
How can I reserve this tour?
Where does a bus pick-up me?
And how much is the cost?
Thanks and best regards

Reply1/6/2009 5:30:00 AMPle ,   Thailand

i want to have one day tour, ho w can i contact you, i will be coming to bejing tommorw evening,

Reply12/12/2008 3:39:00 AMKuldeep ,   India

Hi , (1)we would like to join the tour to badaling great wall and ming tombs. Please tell me how many hours is the tour? (2) for the tour to Millennium Monument etc to Olympic Village does the bus wait for the passagers at each tourist spots and how long do we have at each point of visit? Thank you very much. We will be in Beijing on 25/12/08 -31/12/08.

Reply12/11/2008 5:15:00 AMChan Soo Ping ,   Singapore

I am very interested to visit Eastern Qing Tombs and Western Qing Tombs on 31st Dec 08 and 1st Jan 09. Can you guide me if I should stay in Beijing or stay in Herbei?

If I should stay in Beijing what is the not so expensive mode of travel to use.

Appreciate your tips..

Reply11/25/2008 9:48:00 AMCherrish Leong

BeijingTrip.com :11/26/2008 10:38:00 PM

Hi, Cherrish
If you start your tour from Beijing to the Eastern Qing Tombs, you can go to the Sihui Long Distance Bus Station and take the Beijing-Zunhua Bus at around CNY 30; the Western Qing Tombs lies in the Yixian County of Hebei, you can go to Beijing Lizeqiao Long Distance Bus Station and take the Beijing-Yixian Bus at about CNY 16. But you will have to transfer between the individual tombs by taking these buses. So our suggestion is that you hire a car from Beijing at an appropriate price for your entire journey and better with an English tour guide.

Thanks for supporting beijingtrip.com!

On december 6, 2008 I am needing information of a day trip from bejing to great wall 10 persons can depart after 9am and must return by 530pm staying at raffles bejing bug could depart from tianiman sq please advise rate and tines.

Reply11/20/2008 2:35:00 AMthomas abbott ,   United States