Home : Beijing Transportation : Comments

I will be at Marriott City Wall. Is there a tourist bus that leaves nearby to Great Wall/ Ming tombs?

Reply9/30/2010 4:28:00 PMjef ,   United States

Daniel :10/5/2010 9:18:00 PM

Bus No. 919 express (nonstop) may take you to Badaling Great Wall Directly, and then you may take Bus No. 919 to Changping Xi Guan, and transfer to Bus No. 314 to Ming Tombs.

Hi there

I would like to go to the Badaling section of the great wall, but I cannot find anywhere the full and complete address from where the tours depart?

Can anyone help here?

Vane

Reply9/22/2010 8:12:00 AMVanessa

Sera :9/24/2010 10:02:00 PM

hi, you can go to Tiananmen Square or Xuanwumen, there are the dispatch centers.

I want to go on the trip to Great Wall at Mutiyanu and the Hongluo temple. Will this trip be available on October 7th or October 8th 2010.
Also what is the exact timetable for the trip (how much time where)

Reply9/19/2010 6:09:00 AMsusan ,   United Kingdom

Bill :9/19/2010 8:49:00 PM

hi susan,
the trip is available on Otc. 7th.
the bus departs at 08:30, and stays at Mutianyu Great Wall for 2.5 hours, then go back to the city.
it seems that the Hongluo Temple was canceled on the latest schedule.

does the holiday tour bus to mutianyu run during the week of sept 19-sept 24? looking at trying to go on wed 22nd?

Reply9/12/2010 8:37:00 PMemma ,   Australia

Candy :9/12/2010 8:46:00 PM

yes, besides the weekends of Sept., the bus will run on Sept. 22 - 24, the Mid-autumn festival. so you can go there on 22nd.

I am wondering about the ticket selling times and departure times. I noticed that tickets are sold at 6:30-10:20 and departures are from 6:30-10:30... is that AM or PM, how often do the buses leave between 6:30-10:30? Do I get a ticket at 6:30 and then rush to the bus that leaves at 6:30?

Reply9/10/2010 9:58:00 PMNasuradin ,   United States

Angela :9/11/2010 9:25:00 PM

it is AM, because the above tourist spots are a little bit far from the city, so you need to depart early. there are no fixed times for the bus to leave, a bus will leave when all the seats are take. so don't worry, you just need to go before 10:20 then you can have a seat on the bus.

I'm interested in the Ming Tombs & Balding Great Wall tour - are there any other stops (like to carving factory or tea or silk shops etc)?

Reply8/21/2010 8:23:00 AMDoris ,   Australia

Elva :8/21/2010 9:11:00 PM

then you may try Qianmen Street on which there are some famous silk and tea shops; you can also go to 798, which is a very fashion art zone.

Hi.
In the "World Cultural Sites Packages". How work the lunch? is there a exact "schedule" to see the Ming Tombs, Badaling and lunch? Are we free to see this places in our time?

Reply7/21/2010 1:14:00 PMIrene ,   Spain

anna :7/21/2010 8:57:00 PM

since lunch is included in the price, so they will provide you lunch at lunchtime. the Beijing Hub of Tourists Dispatch will arrange the whole trip. the detailed arrangement is as follows:
Before 8:00
Qianmen-Badaling(120min)-Yuluyuan(80min for lunch)-Ming Tombs(80min)-Return
After 8:00
Qianmen-Ming Tombs(80min)-Yuluyuan(80min for lunch)-Great Wall(120min)-Return to Qianmen

I would like to go to Badaling Great Wall. Is the bus still running (questions on this tour in this blog are unanswered)? Is it running on weekends? How long time can we spend at the site?
Thanks,
Vladimir

Reply7/8/2010 10:46:00 AMVladimir ,   Israel

lisa :7/10/2010 9:01:00 PM

you can go to Deshengmen to take Bus No. 916 to Badaling. the Bus runs everyday from 06:00-17:00. you need to spend 3.5 - 5 hours at the site.

Thanks for your reply. I was planning to go to Huairou Qinglong Gorge Bungee. I read about it on a website. How do you recommend me to go there? I am currently at Beijing Jiaotong University.

Reply7/5/2010 10:02:00 PMAnsh ,   India

Lily :7/6/2010 9:32:00 PM

you can take a Bus No. 16 or 26 to Xizhimen Subway station, then take Subway Line 2 to Dongzhimen Station. then take Bus No. 936 (Branch)to Qinglong Gorge.

I am here in Beijing for 2 months. I wished to go for Bungee Jumping this weekend. Is it open on weekends? If yes, what will be the easiest mode to reach there? Do I need to take some of my chinese friends with me (as I donot know chinese language)?

Reply7/4/2010 10:46:00 PMAnsh ,   India

Lily :7/5/2010 9:03:00 PM

i think it if open on weekend,but where do you plan to go, there are many place in Beijing where you can go for Bungee Jumping. if you don't know Chinese language, you'd better take your Chinese friends.

if i want to take a day trip to mutianyu great wall entrance, which bus should i take and from where and what time?

Reply4/13/2010 9:53:00 PMs ,   Singapore

David :4/14/2010 8:52:00 PM

If you are in Beijing, you may Take Bus No. 916 or 936 from Dongzhimen Bus Station to Huairou International Confenrence Center, and then take a mini-bus or taxi to Mutianyu.

thanks a lot for your reply.
so will the gorge be open for visitors (bungee jumping etc) this weekend as well?

thanks

james

Reply4/1/2010 11:12:00 PMjames ,   United Kingdom

Fred :4/5/2010 8:34:00 PM

I think it is open.

Hi, thanks for your great site!

I'm hoping to go to Longqing gorge on saturday 3/4/2010 from central beijing. will the tourist bus 919 be running on this date from deshengmen?

Also, is it possible to return from the gorge on monday 5/4/2010 by tourist bus? i know that it is not a weekend, but as it is a chinese national holiday maybe it is an option?

if the tourist bus is not working on monday 5/4/2010, how can you get back to central beijing? are there other buses?

thanks very much for your help

james

Reply4/1/2010 2:00:00 AMjames ,   United Kingdom

Fred ( Belgium ) :4/1/2010 8:36:00 PM

The Bus No. 919 does run all the year round, please don't worry.

can i have the actual direction of which area you are facing ( Tiananmen sq despatch centre) --kindly give direction and next to your centre is what building so that it will be easiler for me to locate you.

thks

Reply3/19/2010 11:11:00 PMyvonne ,   Singapore

be arriving beijing 3/31/10. im interested in badaling great wall and ming tomb.would like to know the details and time allotment estimated in each trip badling and ming tomb?how can i reserve?is it possible to pick me up in hotel?how much the cost?THAK YOU

Reply3/18/2010 1:00:00 AMjennifer ,   Philippines

What time does the bus from mutianyu return? How far in advance can I make a reservation?

Reply3/11/2010 5:18:00 AMCooper ,   China

David :3/11/2010 7:59:00 PM

There isn't regular time for the bus to return from Mutianyu, and the ticket can't be booked in advance.

I will be in Beijing in Febuary and want to go to see the Terracota soldiers in Zian. Can I book a 2-3 day trip there or should I do it before - how much would it cost?

Reply12/17/2009 1:08:00 PMSue ,   Israel

Cherry :12/17/2009 7:37:00 PM

2-3 days are enough for you to take a trip to see the Terracotta solders in Xian.

Hello, I'm going to Beijing in the end of February and I want to know if it's to cold to visit the Great Wall? If not we are interested in:

Detailed tourist bus information for one-day tour packages
World Cultural Sites Packages (daily)
C Badaling Great Wall 07:30-11:20 07:30-11:30 Tiananmen, Deshengmen CNY 90 (admission fee, round-trip tickets)
Does it mean that we are supposed to buy tickets at a kind of office nearby Tiananmen or direct at a bus? Are there buses for departure at 07.30? When does the buses take us back to Beijing?

Greatful for your answer!
Best,
Pelle

Reply11/9/2009 4:54:00 AMpelle ,   Sweden

Hi, Sarah
Children less than 1.2 meters high can buy half price ticket. The tour guides speak both Chinese and English.

Reply8/26/2009 10:19:00 PMBeijinger ,   China

Can you please tell me whether I need to pay full fare for a child who is 3 yrs old? Also, what language do the tour guides speak? Is it Mandarin, English or Cantonese?

Sarah