Home : Beijing Facts : Comments

hai,
i plan to visit beijing this 12-18 november 2012..can we experiencing snow at that time?

what clothes we should wear according to the weather?

Reply8/4/2012 8:43:37 PMika ,   Malaysia

Bruce :8/5/2012 6:44:43 PM

It's hard to say whether it will snow or not. Based on the experience of the past years, You will have to wear woolen sweater plus down coat in late November in Beijing. Wear scarf and gloves as well, since it may be windy.

Hi! My husband and myself are scheduled to go there on Nov 1-5, 2012. Is it still autumn? Can I still see red, orange and yellow leaves or is our travel period too late for it? Also, what type of jacket to bring? I'm excited!

Reply7/26/2012 5:56:10 AMElaine ,   Philippines

Lisa :7/26/2012 6:44:27 PM

yes, it is still autumn, and the you can see the red leaves.
normal jacket with thin sweater are fine. the temperature is usually around 10 C.

Hi I will be travelling to Beijing on the 30th of october until 5th of noevember,is there a possibility to see red maple leaves? and what in particular suits should i bring?

Reply7/25/2012 9:24:49 PMrowie ,   Philippines

tina :7/26/2012 2:30:39 AM

yes, it is possible to see the red maple leaves.
you need jacket and thin sweater.

Hi..i will be traveling to Beijing china on 26th November to 4th december 2012. Is there a possibilities to see red maple leaves in fragrant hill or mutianyu great wall at this time. What about snow? usually when can we experiencing snow? What type of clothes that suits us? Thanks for your reply..

Reply7/24/2012 10:10:25 AMaldino ,   Malaysia

Emma :7/24/2012 7:06:06 PM

you will miss the red maple leaves.
it usually snows in December, January and February.
you should take some warm clothes like thermal wear, down jacket and woollen sweater.

we're planning to visit Beijing 18 -26Aug 2012. I heard about the recent flood there. Will it still affect the situation there? Do you think we should change the program or not? Thanks for your help.

Reply7/23/2012 12:10:51 AMmethap ,   Iran (Islamic Republic Of)

Anne :7/23/2012 7:19:32 PM

it is hard to say if it will rain at that time, but it is just quick rain, may not affect your tour.

I will travelling to Beijing/Tianjin/Longqing for vacation from 17 Aug 2012 - 23 Aug 2012 with children as young as 5 years old . Is it still very hot (constant 30+C)? Any breeze? I have never been to Beijing, so, I want to know the situation and be well prepared. Thanks.

Reply7/22/2012 7:46:13 PMlmy ,   Malaysia

Della :7/23/2012 7:16:53 PM

the highest temperature may be above 30 C, but it could be quite cool in the morning and in the evening. It is not so humid in Beijing as in Malaysia, but may also rain.
please check the weather forecast 2 or 3 days before departure.

Hi, we're planning to visit Beijing 28Aug - 7Sept 2012. Will it still be very hot (high 20's C)? Is it humid? Will it the temp be cooler in the evenings? Do i need warm clothes for evening? Also, intend going to the Great Wall for a day, will it be cooler there?? Should I take a jacket? Thanks

Reply7/19/2012 6:42:14 PMSharon ,   Australia

Sara :7/19/2012 7:28:04 PM

it usually starts to get cool in early September. the temperature will be above 20 C, not humid at all. it will be cooler in the evenings. you can take a long-sleeves t-shirt or a thin jacket, no need to take warm clothes. the Great Wall is located at mountainous area, it will be cooler, but sometimes the sunshine is strong.
so you'd better take your sun-glass and suntan lotion.
usually summer clothes are ok.

can you tell me the temperatures from July - December please I am helping at an orphanage in Beijing at that time

Reply7/11/2012 5:51:23 PMmarleen ,   Australia

Babara :7/11/2012 7:54:43 PM

it is very hot in July and August.
in September, it starts to get cool, and October is the most comfortable time.
it is getting cold in November and may snow in December.
you can refer the above table on this page.

Hello - Planning to go to Shanghai and Beijing before end of this month (July 2012). I know it's rainy season. How bad is it during this time?

Reply7/6/2012 10:13:32 AMbogs ,   United States

Mindy :7/6/2012 7:26:53 PM

it's hard to say, it seems it rains a lot this year. you'd better check the weather forecast 3 -7 days before your departure date.

Hi...i'm going to beijing for a course on 23 july till 28 july..how is the weather on these date?I'm asking because towards end of july, it is a fasting month for muslims. Is it very hot there?

Reply7/4/2012 7:02:09 PMniria ,   Malaysia

Lisa :7/4/2012 7:13:26 PM

yes, it is usually hot, but will be pretty cool if it rains.

I will be going to Beijing on the 1st November till 9th November together with my parents. Is it necessary to bring along winter clothes? Or what is the suitable clothes to wear during that time? What will be the average temperature at that time?

Reply7/1/2012 5:58:52 AMeric ,   Malaysia

Frank :7/1/2012 7:49:39 PM

Yes, you shoudl take winter clothes with you. The average temperature is 5C(41F), but it may drop down below feezing sometimes.

Hi. Just wanted to know the weather in Beijing on this coming october. I will travel there and hows the weather? is it cold and when is snow falling?

Reply6/22/2012 7:43:42 PMeqa ,   Malaysia

Jack :6/23/2012 7:13:42 PM

It is very cool and dry in October in Beijing, with an average temperature of 13C / 55F. No snow at that time.

I'll be going 2 Beijing on 29June for 6 days..perhaps until 5th July..so how will be the weather like??cold or warm??what I need to wear??

Reply6/6/2012 11:05:11 PMayat ,   Malaysia

sara :6/7/2012 7:23:08 PM

pretty hot at that time, and summer clothes would be ok.

Hi, I am planning to visit Beijing from 7 10 17 July 2012. I heard that the weather will be very hot+humid. I would appreciate if someone could give me a sense of "very hot": - is it bearable or hard to breathe?
- Will it be ok to visit open-air places like Great Wall?
- Are shopping malls and taxis/metros/hotels air conditioned?
I would very much appreciate detailed info. because I have breathing allergy and would be going in a 17 hours flight to Beijing

THANKS for your advice in advance!!

Reply5/20/2012 2:17:37 PMNuni ,   Egypt

Tina :5/20/2012 7:19:19 PM

Hi Nuni,
it is hot but not very humid. the temperature of Beijing in July is usually above 30 C, it could be cooler in early morning and at nights. but i think it is bearable. you'd better consult your doctor if it is ok for you.

the great wall is located in mountainous area. the sunshine might be strong around noon, but there could be breeze from time to time.

shopping malls, taxis, metrols, and hotels are all air conditioned.

hi;
im going to beijing with family 22nd.Dec (age 10&14 Children)do i need to bring winter clothing?
thanks

Reply5/7/2012 6:45:19 AMcalvin lai ,   Malaysia

Alicia :5/7/2012 6:51:13 PM

yes, it is pretty cold in December in Beijing. take warm clothing with you.

how about 2nd week of november? is is ok to travel to beijing? is the great wall of chian open to tourists all year round?

Reply4/30/2012 10:18:08 PMmau ,   Philippines

Terry :5/1/2012 7:57:05 PM

it's getting cold in November in Beijing, but i think it's ok to travel to the city.
the great wall is open all the year round.

Hi

I'm Going to beijing on 20-25 may 2012, how is the tempreture like and what is the suitable cloth to wear?

Reply4/22/2012 8:44:37 PMAnna ,   Malaysia

Vivien :4/23/2012 11:23:12 PM

Hi Anna,
the temperature is 15 - 28 C.
you can just wear a short-sleeves t-shirt and a shorts around noon. but it is still cool in the morning and at night.

Am going to beijing on 19th april. How's wrather like? What we should wear and type of shoes to bring? Tq.

Reply4/7/2012 11:28:37 PMley ,   Malaysia

Gail :4/8/2012 7:51:03 PM

It is sunny and warm these days in Beijing, and the temperature is rising from day to day. Already no weather forecast for 19th now, but I think a long-sleeved T-shirst plus a light overcoat will be enough for you then in Beijing.

i will visit beijing on 11th until 15th April 2012. how is the weather those day. do i need to bring warm cloth.

Reply3/28/2012 7:21:05 AMizan ,   Malaysia

Andy :3/28/2012 7:26:19 PM

it may get warm at that time, but better to check the weather forecast 2 or 3 days in advance.

hi will be there on APRIL 5-11, do I still need to bring winter clothes?

Reply3/28/2012 1:58:34 AMCA ,   Philippines

Lisa :3/28/2012 7:23:03 PM

it latest the weather forecast says that the hightest temperature of April 4 will be around 18 C.
so no need to take winter clothes, but a warm jacket is still necessary.