Home : Beijing Facts : Comments

going to beijing soon, between 15th till 22th October. keen to know whether weather that time will be cooling or warm.

Reply9/5/2015 2:15:33 AMhenry taylor ,   Singapore

Lydia :9/17/2015 4:05:41 AM

Hi, Henry. Based on the weather records of the past years, it shall get a little cool during that time. The highest temp may reach 19-21C. Sunny and cloudy days would be the majority, which is pleasant for your travel. To my experience, long-sleeved shirt. a light jacket and jeans can be enough.

I am planning to beijing & tianjin around 15-25th May. Will the weather be cooling? Will there be a great different in temperature during the day & night? Is it very sunny & warm in the day? What is the temperature like during the afternoon time? Thank you

Reply3/26/2015 4:21:44 AMCody ,   Singapore

Sally :3/30/2015 9:18:31 PM

Hi, for graphs of the climate, you can try to search the website of Travel China Guide. I saw useful info there. Good luck!

Piper :3/30/2015 1:42:05 PM

know any good graphs for climate in beijing (printable)? Thank you!!!

Joe :3/29/2015 4:36:33 AM

It is getting warm even hot in the two cities during that time. Cloudy days would be the majority and showers may happen sometimes. Generally, the temp gap between daytime and nighttime is a little large, with the lowest of around 16C at night and the highest of 32-34C in the daytime.

Heading to Beijing, Xian & Shanghai March 22-30th. Will I need thermal clothing and a wind jacket?

Reply1/24/2015 1:35:52 AMChez ,   Australia

Henry :2/5/2015 3:04:00 AM

It will get warm in these cities, but the temp is still low in early morning or late night. Anyway, warm clothes are not necessary. Wind jacket, long john, long-sleeved shirt and jeans would help. It may rain in Shanghai, so simple rain gear is suggested.

Hello
My friends are planing to visit Shanghai and Beijing from 26 April 2014 for a week, but heard about Beijing's Air Pollution (Smog)which reach to 30 times higher then the standard level and scared to go their.
I'm curious to know if during End April the Pollution level will be same, also what will be the temperature during the day and evening?

Reply2/9/2014 8:32:30 PMPeter ,   Hong Kong, China

Hi, me n my friends will be travelling to beijing on 7 nov 2013 till 12 nov 2013, can we have a chance to see a snow? And should we wear thick coat cause some of my friend suggest us to prepare for the cold weather? Tq

Reply10/12/2013 8:20:48 PMShahril ,   Malaysia

David :10/13/2013 8:48:01 PM

it will be cold at that time, and you'd better take warm clothes, as well as scarf, hat, and gloves.
I don't think it will snow in early November, but who knows, weather changes a lot.

My family will be traveling to Beijing from 30 Oct 2013 to 6 Nov 2013 for a short holiday. How is the whether during this time and will there be any sandstorm?
Lil

Reply10/6/2013 6:57:24 PMLil ,   Singapore

Linda :10/8/2013 12:36:44 AM

it will be cold at that time, but not sure about sandstorm.
you'd better check the weatherforecast 2 - 3 days in advance.

im going to beijin china these month of august 23 2013 what is the weather temperature and type of clothes should i wear and bring

Reply8/18/2013 1:00:42 AMjosefina e. regala ,   Philippines

Nina :8/18/2013 6:15:03 PM

hot summer, sunny, short and light clothes.

Hi, my family (between 2yrs old kid & 65yrs parents) will visit Beijing from 31/Oct/13 to 6/Nov/13. May I know approx temperature at this period? Thick winter wear needed? Any chance see snow at this period?

Reply7/19/2013 8:16:50 AMRay ,   Malaysia

Bonnie :7/21/2013 7:29:10 PM

the temperature would be around 5 - 10 C, and it usually won't snow.
thin sweaters, scarf, and overcoat are needed. remember to check the weather forecast 2 - 3 days before your trip.

Hi! I'll be travelling to Beijing from 7.21 till 7.30. I plan to include Shanghai and Xian in my trip. Do I have enough time? I hoped to take the high speed train to Shanghai, but unsure of the best way to get to Xian. Also, how would the weather be like? Thanks

Reply4/28/2013 11:16:56 PMdoojoon ,   Korea, Republic Of

Polly :5/1/2013 7:13:44 PM

it would be a little rush but it is enough for the elite of the three cities.
high speed train is also aviable from Beijing to Xian, but not from Shanghai to Xian. so air plane would be the best choice from Shanghai to Xian.
it would be hot in the three cites.

I'm doing a Grand China tour for 28 days from the 8th May- 4th June 2013. Starting in Beijing & touring various cities/ attractions. What will the temperatures be like & what clothes should I pack. Shorts, T shirts, jeans & jackets.

Reply4/22/2013 7:28:00 PMCathy ,   Australia

Petter :4/22/2013 8:02:49 PM

Most of the cities in China get warm at that time, and usually t shirts and shorts are fine, but the weather is quiet wierd this year, it is still a little bit cold in northern cities now. so you'd better check the weather forecast of your destinations 2 - 3 days before you go.
take jacket, jeans, and t-shirt for your first destination, Beijing.

Hi, I will be in beijing 22 -26 May and Shanghai 26-31 May. Could you tell me what weather will be like in both towns.

Reply4/14/2013 2:22:36 AMLinda ,   Australia

Cheryl :4/15/2013 7:35:34 PM

it would be hot and wet in Shanghai, but a little bit cooler in Beijing (but still hot).
just take your summer clothes.

We will visiting Beijing Sept.29-Oct6,2013.What is the best itinerary?And the hotel and travel tour guide?

Reply3/30/2013 7:12:35 AMHenry Taneo ,   Philippines

Beijingtrip.com :4/1/2013 6:56:57 PM

Dear Henry,
Thank you for visiting Beijingtrip.com!
you can book a Beijing Tour through our website at the following page:
if our fixed itineraries are not up your taste, you can also tailor-make your own trip at:

Hi, I am going on a business trip to Beijing from 9 - 11 Mar 2013.
Is long sleeve blouse + pants/skirt with a jacket on standby sufficient? What will the weather be like?

Reply3/26/2013 7:03:39 AMKaren Tan ,   Singapore

David :4/1/2013 6:41:32 PM

the temperature may be lower than 20 C, around 15 C and the lowest cold be around 5 C, so still a little bit cold. take a sweater and a warm jacket.

Karen ( Singapore ) :3/26/2013 8:19:30 PM

Sorry David, I meant 9 - 11 APRIL

David :3/26/2013 6:50:10 PM

9 - 11 March, 2013???
i assume you are not going yet, anyway, it's get warmer, and you'd better check the weather forecast 2 - 3 days before you go.
if the temperature is around 20 C, then the clothes you mentioned are sufficient.

Hi! Will be visiting Beijing on Mar.28-31, 2013, what do we need to wear to warm our bodies?

Reply3/25/2013 7:24:54 AMPetra ,   Philippines

Bonnie :3/25/2013 7:34:43 PM

warm jacket and sweater.

We are leaving this Friday for Beijing.. Will it still be cold? Traveling with older folks....do we need heavy jackets?

Reply3/20/2013 10:00:04 AMGail ,   China

Gailhoo :3/20/2013 10:42:43 PM

Cheryl :3/20/2013 6:33:51 PM

the temperature is 1 - 11 C, so better to take some warm jacket.

Hi , i may want to visit Beijing from 14th to 21st April 2013, is it good to visit during this period? Do you think the sandstorm & smog will come this period? Would appreciate if you could reply me soonest as possible because i need to confirm my booking my travel agent by tomorrow. Thanks

Reply3/17/2013 9:09:14 PMJasmine Lee ,   Malaysia

Cathy :3/18/2013 7:38:52 PM

take it easy. the weather is usually pleasant at the end of April and May. it may be windy, but there will no sandstorm at that time.
as for the smog, it is really hard to say.
better to check the weather forecast 2 or 3 days before your trip.
have a nice trip!

Hi, I will be going beijing from 12 apr to 17 apr. Any advise on the what to wear? Like thick jackets or etc?

Reply3/14/2013 8:51:59 AMstephanie ,   Singapore

Bill :3/14/2013 6:39:16 PM

usually light jacket and jeans are fine. you'd better check the weather forecast 2 - 3 days before you go.

hi, i'll be visiting xiamen china tomorrow (09 - 15Mar'13) with my parents. i've checked the weather is approx 15 - 24'C, do you think winter jacket is necessary?

Reply3/7/2013 8:39:55 PMcarrie ,   China

Vic :3/8/2013 6:08:48 PM

no, winter clothes are not necessary.
thin jacket, t-shirt, jeans will be fine.

Hi..we will be travelling to beijing this feb.28-march 2..still need to wear winter clothes?will be visiting forbidden city and greatwall..thanks..

Reply2/7/2013 3:48:10 PMdons ,   Philippines

Liz :3/5/2013 6:52:01 PM

All you need is a light jacket and long pants

Mike :2/7/2013 6:06:25 PM

check the weather forecast two or three days before you go. if the temperature is still around 0 C or lower than 15 C, you need to wear winter clothes.

Hi, I am visiting China from Feb 28- March 3rd. I will be visiting Shanghai. I also wanted to visit Beijing but considering the pollution levels I am a little confused.Is it very bad or can we visit the place for a day or two?

Reply2/15/2013 3:40:49 AMRajoshi ,   India

Liz ( China ) :3/5/2013 6:53:03 PM

It's totally fine cause I'm going to Beijing for 3 months

Lilian :2/16/2013 12:33:51 AM

i think it does not matter to stay for one or two days.