Home : Beijing Attraction : Comments

I want to go to Beijing but it costs too much.

Reply3/10/2010 10:24:00 AMAngeles ,   Cuba

I plan to visit China in March 2010 with 2 kids ( 7 yr and 3 yr ).
1) Would Ming Tombs, Summer Palace, & outside Olympic Village
be places to go with Kids.
2) Wanted to know if they rent strollers for kids at these sites or should I get my own.
3) If these places are not kids-friendly then can you suggest any other full day/ half day sites which can be covered with kids.
Thank you .

Reply2/23/2010 10:56:00 AMAAP ,   United States

Fred :2/23/2010 7:47:00 PM

1)Ming Tombs, Summer Palace, & outside Olympic Village
are available to go with Kids.
2)Few Chinese attractions provide strollers renting service.
3)Forbidden city is also a good choice.

We are planning to be in Beijing 19-23 February 2010. Will the Pearl market be open due to Chinese New Years?

Reply2/5/2010 8:21:00 AMJill Lewis ,   United States

Dave :2/5/2010 7:40:00 PM

I think it will be open then.

Hi, My 12 year old daughter's school is planning a visit to Beijing from 15th to 20th March 2010. Pl inform:
1. Whether Holiday Inn at Downtown Beijing is a good place to stay?
2. What will be the weather like? Any heavy jackets/pull overs/gloves would be required?
3. Are local sim-cards available freely at the airport or downtown? If so, what are the formalities to issue a simcard.
4. Where would you advise the kids (40 of them - all around 12-14 years) to visit in 5 days in Beijing?
Thanks.
Ashish

Reply1/31/2010 4:30:00 AMAshish ,   Saudi Arabia

David :1/31/2010 7:59:00 PM

1. It is a 4-star hotel.
2. It will be warm in March in beijing, heavy jacket and gloves will be unnecessary. However, there will be cloud, so a short overcoat will be needed.
3. As for the sim-cards, sorry that I'm not sure.
4. First, I think the Great Wall is worth visiting. Summer Palace, Forbidden city are also good.
In my opinion, your daugther and her classmates should take part in a tour.

I am planning a trip to Beijing this coming February 14 (chinese new year), will the markets be open for shopping?

Reply1/24/2010 5:08:00 PMGeorgia ,   Canada

Bun :1/25/2010 7:35:00 PM

yes, of course.

what will be the weather like on middle of march??

Reply1/23/2010 6:21:00 AMshuying ,   Malaysia

Dave :1/25/2010 7:30:00 PM

Sunny but with wind.

I plan to visit Beijing in the coming February, 2010, i.e. Chinese New Year with my 2 kids aged 11 and 5. Can you advice:-
a) Shopping outlets are opened at this time
b) Can we go to the Great Wall of China
c) Where is the best place to stay in Beijing

Reply11/22/2009 6:44:00 AMElisabeth Sim ,   Malaysia

fifi ( China ) :1/10/2010 1:55:00 AM

shopping aeras like wangfujing perdestrain way,xidan,dongfang xin tiandi...by subway,its very convenient to go those places.
i think go to the great wall in Feb is not a good idea,its supposed to be very cold on the wall.
i think summer palace is a great and charming place to go.

I and husband are planning to visit Beijing on this upcoming February. Is it ok to bring along our baby age 3 months old? Will there be any risks for the baby since the weather should be very cold. What type of clothes that you suggest for our baby to keep him warm?

Thanks a lot,
Fiena
Malaysia

Reply1/7/2010 5:06:00 AMfiena ,   Malaysia

Lisa :1/7/2010 7:44:00 PM

You may take your baby with you, since it is not so cold as what you think. I think a thick coat with a sweater will be ok for your baby in Feburary in Beijing.

We planning to be in Beijing from Feb 27 2010 , for a week of free&easy sight-seeing. What will be the weather like ? Low and high temp ? Is it a good idea to visit the Great Wall ? Also intend to take a day trip to Tianjin via bullet train. Any recommendation on what to do/see at TianJin.

Thank you very much !

Reply1/2/2010 2:32:00 AMlowpc ,   Singapore

Bob Zhang :9/14/2010 10:30:00 PM

It will be warm then in Beijing, but you'd better take a thick coat, since there is always wind in Spring in Beijing.
It is a good time to visit the Great Wall.

I am thinking of visiting in Feb. Will we be able to walk the Great Wall? We will plan on cold weather. Will it be too cold to enjoy the sights? Thank you.

Reply11/20/2009 10:44:00 AMmichelle

Yo Yo ( China ) :11/20/2009 9:15:00 PM

Yes. You can walk on the Great Wall. It could be colder on the wall since the wind is usually very strong. You may watch for the weather forecast to choose a nice day to go there.

I am planning a trip to Beijing in Dec 09. what are the places to visit in winter? Are the shops in the shopping street open?

Reply11/16/2009 2:15:00 AMTrina ,   Singapore

Wang En ( China ) :11/16/2009 9:27:00 PM

There are several ski resorts in the suburb, such as Shijinglong, Longqing Gorge, Nanshan, Huaibei, Badaling. Shops are open as usual.

Please advise is there any shopping area around Jingyi Hotel in Beijing?

Where can I get good bargain Goods??

Reply11/15/2009 10:07:00 PMWenny ,   Malaysia

Hamaha ( China ) :11/16/2009 9:03:00 PM

The Jingyi Hotel should be near the Zhongguancun area. Good shopping places there are Huayu Fashion shopping center, Wumart Plaza and La Vita shopping mall.

please advise me the right place to visit during my tour to beijing on 2 dec 09 to 9 dec 09.what should l bring to face the cold.

Reply11/14/2009 6:57:00 AMmustaffa ,   Malaysia

Shenme ( China ) :11/14/2009 9:54:00 PM

It will be cold and you need to wear down coat or other cold protective clothing.

Hi! Iam planning to visit Beijing for one week with my family end of dec 09.I need to know whats the weather like coz my two younger sons is coming along.Can you suggest any reasonable hotel near shopping area,tourist attraction.Thanks.

Reply10/29/2009 11:40:00 PMHamid ,   Malaysia

BeijingTrip.com :10/30/2009 11:02:00 PM

Thanks for your inquiry.

The weather in Beijing during end of December could be very cold. You need to bring cold protective clothing.

Our hotel booking team is sending you an email for your choice. Have a good trip!

1. I am going to Beijing in March 2010, how is the weather during this period?

2. Is it convenient to go to Great wall of china if i stay in Wang Fu Jing?

3. Where is the largest place to shop for clothes in Beijing?

4. How much is the bullet train to travel from Tianjin to Beijing per person(adult)?

thank you and hope to hear from you ASAP

Reply10/28/2009 4:21:00 AMlily ,   Malaysia

Beijinger :10/28/2009 9:17:00 PM

1. The average temperature of Beijing in March is around 15c. Sweater plus jacket should be suitable;
2. No so convenient since you will have to transfer twice: take bus no.10 to Tiananmen West and transfer to bus no.5 to Deshengmen; then take 919 to Badaling;
3. Should be Beijing Zoo clothes market;
4. 69RMB for first class seats and 58RMB for second class.

I want to go to Lavender field in Miyun at the end of October.
Is the park still open? Are there still Lavender?

Reply10/23/2009 3:56:00 AMPlumarie ,   Thailand

Soho Lee ( China ) :10/23/2009 5:12:00 AM

Hi, Plumarie
The park has been closed on 19th October. BTW, the blooming time of lavender is usually from June to August.

Hi, Im planning to go to beijing and Shanghai somewhere in November for 2 weeks, do you mind giving me 3 places I can visit from each.

Being a busy person, I don't have much time to prepare an intinerary for the 2 wk trip, could you also give me tips on how long each destination would take.

I was planning to visit Beijing first, could you also please give me the fastest way to travel to both places. A.S.A.P would be great.

Yours Sincerely,
Christopher

Reply10/21/2009 3:00:00 AMChristopher ,   Australia

BeijingTrip.com :10/21/2009 11:15:00 PM

Places recommended for your visit, you can choose what you like:
Beijing:
Forbidden City: 2-3 hours
Great Wall: 1-2 hours on the way + 1.5 hours visit time
Summer Palace: 2-3 hours
Temple of Heaven: 1.5-2 hours
Olmpic Center: 1-1.5 hours on the way + 2-3 hours visit time
Shanghai:
Bund along Huangpu River: 1-1.5 hours
Shanghai Museum: 2-2.5 hours
Yuyuan Garden: 1.5-2 hours
Nanjing Road: 1 hour
Xintiandi Area: 1-2 hours
Shanghai World Fanicial Center: 1.5-2 hours
The fast way to travel from Beijing to Shanghai is by flight.

We plan to visit Beijing for 10 days. Is it too long to stay only in Beijing? Any other place we should visit that near Beijing for 1-3 day trip. (We interest in mountain/natural sightseeing).)
Thank you.

Reply10/2/2009 7:29:00 AMAnant ,   Thailand

Hi, I will visit Beijing in the mid of October. If I have 4 days visiting Beijing, do you have any suggestion for daily schedule for the 4 days? In addition, is it worthwhile to pay a visit to Tianjin? Thanks

Reply9/29/2009 6:12:00 AMsklee ,   Malaysia

Beijingren ( China ) :9/29/2009 9:05:00 PM

My suggestion is: to go to the Forbidden City and Temple of Heaven for the 1st day; Summer Palace and Hutong for 2nd day, Badaling Great Wall for the 3rd day and Wangfujing Shopping for the last day. In Tianjin you may go for a cruise but there is not much place for sightseeing.

My family will visit Beijing this coming 14 Nov 09. We have 4 adults and 2 kids, we will like to visit the (Xueshijie) Snow World Ski Resort, may I know the price for the skiing coach, can we stay 1 night at the resort ? How much is the room rate ? The firework is only on the weekend or everyday ? Can the resort room be able to book online ? ThankQ (*^*)

Reply9/9/2009 5:26:00 AMFrances Yeo ,   Singapore