Home : Beijing Attraction : Comments

Hi

1) My hotel is located at No 2 Chong Wen Men Nei Street, Dong Cheng District over at Wangfujing Street.

Could you tell me which airport bus to take to reach the hotel (Inner Mongolia Grand Hotel)?

I am planning to visit a few attractions in BJ. What is the cheapest mode of transport to take to reach these attractions? eg Museum of Dabaotai HAN Tomb. some website recommended Bus 480,913 etc. My question is where is the waiting place for such buses?

Please advice... thanks

Reply8/3/2011 3:56:22 AMDanny ,   Singapore

Iris :8/3/2011 6:59:20 PM

hi Danny,
you can take the subway airport express line to Dongzhimen Station. and walk across the street to Dong Zhi Men Nei Bus stop to take bus No. 106 to Chong Wen Men Nei Street stop, and walk northward along the street for about 150 meters, you will find the hotel across the street.
subway and bus are the cheapest and most convenient ways.
from your hotel to the Dabaotai Han tomb, you can walk southward along the Cheng Wen Men Nei Street and turn right to Chongwenmen West Street, take bus No. 692 in front of the Novotel Hotel. get off at the last stop, World Park Bus Terminal, and walk to the tomb.

Hi, need your opinion when is the best time to visit Beijing, i'll prefer not too hot neither too cold whether during my visit there.is October or November 2011 perfect time???.pls help coz i want to book the tiket earlier.thank you.

Reply4/6/2011 4:50:00 AMtasha ,   Malaysia

Mark :4/7/2011 9:35:00 PM

September and October are the best time to visit Beijing.

we plan to visit beijing either in mid november or mid december. 1.How is the weather- november and december? which one better? 2.CAn visit Great Wall? 3. Can advice how to go Shanghai from there? Tq

Reply3/7/2011 7:54:00 PMJenn ,   Malaysia

richard :3/7/2011 10:18:00 PM

it will be winter in Beijing, cold and try. so go as early as possible.
yes, you can visit the great wall.
you can take the bullet train from beijing South railway station to Shanghai, which only take about 9 hours.
or you can also take the air plane.

We are planning to visit Beijing from April 16th to 21st. Is this time frame good enough?? Three families are planning to travel with kids - all together 5 adults and 5 kids. Which good place to stay. Any recommendation?? Is it better to choose tour package or can we do it on our own. Are these packages available in the hotels? Do we need to pre book these?

Reply2/28/2011 4:07:00 AMsheena jacob ,   United Arab Emirates

Rose ( Ireland ) :2/28/2011 9:41:00 PM

the Forbidden City, the Great Wall, the Summer Palace, the Qianmen street...
since you have 10 people, i suggest you book a tour package. last year, i took a private tour package of this website, and i really had a good time. they have professional English-Speaking tour guide and very responsible driver. you may find many packages here:

1. I will be in Hong Kong on a business trip with my wife at the end of January and I want to extend my trip an additional week for vacation. We are considering Beijing but are concerned that it will be too cold for touring. I have been advised to consider Mali or Thailand (Bangkok and Koh Samui) What is your advice as far as winter in Beijing?

Reply1/6/2011 12:44:00 AMAaron ,   United States

Sara :1/6/2011 8:45:00 PM

It will be the Chinese Sprin gFestival in early Feb., why not go to Beijing to enjoyt the tradional Chinese festival?

intend to visit beijing in may 2011....heard that sand/dust storms are frequent in spring...if there is, normally how severe and will it affect the trip?

Reply12/7/2010 11:27:00 AMJJ ,   Malaysia

JJ ( Malaysia ) :12/9/2010 6:02:00 AM

Thanks for the info Wynne!!! ^.^

Wynne :12/7/2010 9:38:00 PM

the sand storm are usually frequent at the end of March and in Apr., so i guess you don't need to worry if you go there in May.

Now I am really worried abt the weather.. I will be travelling with family of 6 to BeiJing 22-27Dec; What clothings shld we packed ? esp for the 2 elderly

Reply12/6/2010 11:51:00 PMmokster ,   Singapore

Wilona :12/7/2010 9:42:00 PM

yes, you should pay attention to the weather. it is cold and dry in Beijing.
pack the warmest coat you have.

We plan to visit the Great Walls in late December this year. Will it be cold then? Are tour buses available? Please suggest some hotels in/around Beijing. Merry Christmas!

Reply12/1/2010 11:21:00 PMSatya Misra ,   United States

Edie :12/2/2010 10:06:00 PM

it is cold but less crowded, just keep warm,
the tour buses are available.
as for hotels, where do you want to live in Beijing, say which district or which attractions nearby?

Hi there,I'll be going to Beijing in mid Dec 2010.Is there really snow in Beijing during this period?

Reply11/18/2010 11:48:00 PMNur Ally ,   Singapore

Lisa :11/26/2010 4:42:00 AM

I heard that the renovation will last at least one year.

Fred :11/20/2010 9:48:00 PM

it is hard to say whether it will snow or not. you'd better check the weather three or two days before you go.

hi! if there will be snow this coming december, would the great wall of china still be open for tourists? i wonder if it would still be safe to go at the said attraction by then ...

Reply11/26/2010 2:16:00 AMavatar_F ,   Philippines

hello! my family plans to go there for our christmas holiday! can anybody recommend a good hotel which is located in the city proper or perhaps near shopping malls?

Reply11/26/2010 2:13:00 AMhellokitty_cutie ,   Philippines

Hi..i wanted to go beijing on may'2011..how is the weither?coz i bring my little baby 8month..
what kind of clothes must i bring on that month if i travel to beijing...

Reply11/11/2010 4:20:00 AMherni ,   Malaysia

Tina :11/14/2010 9:46:00 PM

hi herni,
you can take your kids there. the entrance fee for the park is CNY 10 per person, and there are charges for each activities.

Herni ( Malaysia ) :11/11/2010 11:56:00 PM

Hi Tina...

if i go on 24/05/11 to 29/5 is same also like u mentioned..
and how about Beijing Shijingshan Amusement Park..is good for my child age 5-4yrs...and u no how much the charges if want to go?

Tina :11/11/2010 9:10:00 PM

hi Herni,
it is good to Beijing in May. it is neither too cold nor too hot.
as for clothes, you can wear a t-shirt and thin jacket.
for your baby, you may take a warm coat for her, coz it is a little bit cold in the morning and at night.

Hi

I intend to visit beijing in 15 - 19 Nov 10. There are several question I would like to ask :-

1) What's are the weather at current?

2) I am bring warm cloth but do I have to bring winter clothing?

3) Where is the best hotel I should stay that nearer to the town and attraction area, so that I could save in the transportation issue? Someone sugested Tiananmen but which is the best hotel there?

Hope for an answer soon cos I am looking at 2 weeks time for my visit.

Reply11/2/2010 1:09:00 AMShirley ,   Singapore

Kitts :11/2/2010 10:34:00 PM

hi Shirley,
it is cold in Beijing, so you need to take winter clothes with you.
as for hotel, i suggest Wangfujing Grand Hotel which is located at Wangfujing Avenue, very close to Tiananmen Square.

Planning to visit Beijing during the coming Lunar New Year.

Is the weather situation in Beijing suitable for tourist. Is it safe to move around in the current weather. What about visitng the Great wall during this period?. Thank you

Reply2/8/2010 10:09:00 AMPH Liow ,   Malaysia

Rehan :10/7/2010 12:10:00 PM

Bad idea mate. Its extremely cold before, during and after the festival. trust me i live here

Bob Zhang :2/8/2010 8:03:00 PM

There will be a large drop of temperature before the Spring Festival, but it is still uncertain whether the temperaure will rise during the festival. So I advise you visit the great wall later.

I want to visit beijing, china around june or july and i have a few questions:

1. is it cheaper to book tours there?
2. how is the weather there?
3. what are the public transportation like?

Reply9/21/2010 1:04:00 PMsunshine ,   China

Angela :9/24/2010 9:59:00 PM

1. it may be cheaper, but july is the summer vacation, so the prices may be a little bit higher.
2. it is very hot in beijing at that time.
3. the public transportation is very convenient in Beijing, there are subway lines, buses, long-distance buses and taxies to the famous attractions.

I wd be visiting Beijing on 17th july-what wd be the yemp there and what are the places to visit.I wd be there for 3 days

Reply7/12/2010 12:13:00 AMdr suri virendra ,   India

Bella :7/12/2010 9:04:00 PM

it rains recently, the temperture is about 23-30ºC (73-86ºF).
the famous attractions are Tiananmen, the Forbidden City, the Summer Palace, the Great Wall, the Bird Nest. you may refer to the Beijing tour package on the following page:http://www.beijingtrip.com/travel/#citypackages

Hai there...

I was intended to visit Beijing this coming November 2010. There are several question I would like to ask :-

1) What's are the weather in November time?

2) How could I find any HALAL food in Beijing, as we are MUSLIM tourist?

Reply7/12/2010 1:10:00 AMNorizah ,   Singapore

Lily :9/14/2010 10:11:00 PM

1. it is a little bit cold in November.
2. for HALAL food in Beijing, you can find your favourite on the following page: http://www.beijingtrip.com/dining/
3. As for the hotels,I recommend the ones near Tiananmen.

hi, i plan to visit beijing in early june. What will be the weather like at that time?..Will it be too hot for travelling???

Reply4/21/2010 8:20:00 AMsheila ,   Malaysia

monica ( China ) :6/28/2010 9:21:00 PM

I think summer palace is a good place. It is cool. and the sightseeing is so charming.

Anna ( Hong Kong, China ) :4/21/2010 11:33:00 PM

it is a little bit hot in June, the highest temperature is around 30°C (86°F).i advise you take a pair of sunglasses and some sun-block lotion. but don't forget take an umbrella, cauze it rains sometimes. i heard the best time to Beijing is september or october.

I am traveling with 2 kids under 4 yrs and was interested in knowing if the tour sites offer stroller on rent or if I should get my own. also are there any sited which are not suggested to be visited with kids.

Reply2/23/2010 3:07:00 PMappu

Gem ( China ) :4/13/2010 2:13:00 AM

You should bring your own stroller. There is no such thing as stroller rental in BJ.

Cherry :2/23/2010 7:53:00 PM

If you are traveling with kids, you'd better not visit mountains and the great wall, just go to the incity scenic spots.

hi me and a friend are traveling to biejing august 2010 and im wondering where the best but cheap places are to stay, hostel wise as we are on a tight budget and also what is there to do and see from foods, activities, helping and getting involved with locals etc and how much roughly are hostel in biejing. i would be greatfull if you can give me any information atall. thank you

Reply1/24/2010 9:56:00 AMAshley ,   United Kingdom

Angeles ( Barbados ) :3/10/2010 10:13:00 AM

I wish I could go to Beijing instead of being on a stupid Island.

Dave :1/25/2010 7:33:00 PM

If you want to live in a cheap hostel, you may book a hotel through a travel agency.