Home : Beijing Attraction : Comments

Hi! me and my friends are going there this dec 15 to 21st. will it be snowy that time? we want to go skiing!

Reply11/17/2011 3:39:33 PMtim ,   Philippines

I will be visiting Beijing from 15th dec for 10 days , I will take my 1 year old daughter with me , first is it right to take that small baby in that harsh season and secondly what are the top 10 attractions and shopping places in beijing

Reply11/15/2011 10:10:57 PMAsfar ,   United Arab Emirates

Daisy :11/16/2011 4:52:50 PM

Hi Asfar,
it is cold in Dec., and the temperature could fall below zero, so it is not suitable to take a little baby for outdoor activities.
Top ten Beijing Attractions: the Great Wall, Ming Tombs, Forbidden City, Summer Palace, Temple of Heaven, the Lama Temple, Prince Gong's Mansion, Beijing Zoo, Hutongs, Bird's Nest and Water Cube.
for more Beijing attractions, please see: http://www.beijingtrip.com/attractions/

Hey , I want to visit Beijing in Late jan or starts of Feb. will it be so cold that affects our tours to all above attraction?? also will it affect our shopping trips , Dining and night life?

Reply11/14/2011 10:10:42 AMIsmail ,   Egypt

Candy :11/14/2011 6:45:41 PM

it is very cold in Jan. and Feb. in Beijing, but i don't think it will affect your trip. the last time i went there is in Feb., but i had a good time for it was not crowded in the attractions.
it is really beautiful if it snows.

Hi.
We are a group of 15 adults and teens planning to travel to Beijing come March 25-31. Aside from the usual 10 common attractions, can you recommend other activities and sights to see and do for our teenager kids and young adults. Having too much of the history tour might make them loose interest. So, something off-beat or more age appropriate would help liven-up our itinerary. Will there be some snow in the ski resorts during March? Thank you.

Reply11/10/2011 9:51:58 PMmarie ,   Philippines

Mark :11/11/2011 5:10:02 PM

You can also enjoy Peking Opera or go to skiiing at Shijinglong Ski Resort. It will be early spring in late March in Beijing, so there will be no snow.

Hi!
I and my family are already booked for a 6 days tour in beijing on november 28 to dec 3. Originally, the plan is to visit the country in october since we wanted to see it in autumn where the flowers bloom and the environment is colorful. Unfortunately, the blockings in the airline for low fares did not allow us to visit beijing on october but instead on november 28. Is there any chance that I could still get a glimpse of autumn season or are we going to see a lot of snow already?
and also if that's the case, is it ok for us to expreience snow for the first time since we are from the tropical country?
Thank you so much in advance! =)

Reply11/10/2011 12:29:53 PMAI Abinal ,   Philippines

Carlos :11/10/2011 4:43:54 PM

It will be the early winter during your tour in Beijing, possibly no snow then.

Im planning to go to Beijing next year at the end of feb. Is it worth going at that time? Are there nice hostels in the city. What would the week cost us (were budget travelers but want to see the main attractions) with food/ travel around the city?

How do we get from the airport to Tianman square?

Thanks for your help

Reply11/7/2011 3:34:26 AMCheryl ,   Netherlands

Ashley :11/7/2011 6:59:06 PM

Hi Cheryl,
it is still cold in Feb. the best time to visit Beijing is September and October.
there are many home inns and Youth hostels in Beijing.
the average costs for hotel is about CNY 200 - 300.
as for food, you can have a taste of the Beijing Roast Duck, you can find more Beijing food at:

Hi! I will visiting China on 12 - 16 November 2011. So, I wanna know what is the weather in Beijing on that time and what type of clothes I need to bring? Can I bring a jacket that made from 100% nylon? Do I need to bring a winter jacket? Can I just wear heat-generating clothing besides down jacket?

Reply10/28/2011 3:05:42 AMIzzyl ,   Malaysia

Bruce :10/28/2011 6:03:42 PM

It's hard to predict the exact weather condition in 20 days. However, it is usually cool and sunny in Beijing then according to the historical records. You will have to wear a wool sweater plus a thick jacket. A winter jacket is ok then, no nned to wear down jacket.

plan to hike the great wall on 18 dec what is ur advice n which section is the best

Reply10/25/2011 10:32:22 PMSALLY ONG ,   Malaysia

Ashley :10/26/2011 6:56:53 PM

Hi Sally,
you'd better not go if it snows.
i suggest you go to the Badaling or Mutianyu Great Wall, which are well-developed and easy to access.

hi. I'll be beijing fr tour frm 13-18 Nov 2011. I'm planning to bring my 2 kids fr ski activity> any idea which ski resort is open during that time?

Reply10/22/2011 8:24:40 AManis ,   Malaysia

Lisa :10/22/2011 6:37:39 PM

hi Anis,
the ski resort opens in late Nov. or early Dec., when the temperature is below 5 degrees Celsius.

Hi, we have a trip scheduled from the 18th to the 22nd of November. We would like to go skiing but not sure if the slopes will be open by then. Any idea?

Reply10/17/2011 1:15:56 AMCat S. ,   Philippines

gloria :10/17/2011 6:29:49 PM

the slopes?
do you mean the ski resort?
it is open at that time, i'm sure.

Hi I m visiting Beijing last week october for 2 days. i need advice. want to c great wall and forbidden city . where to stay? i m arriving at beijing capital airport

Reply10/15/2011 5:29:20 PMJavaid ,   United Kingdom

Sandy :10/15/2011 7:20:06 PM

Hi Javaid,
i suggest you stay near the Forbidden City, so that you can also visit the Qianmen Street. when going to the Great wall, you can walk to Tiananmen West bus stop to take bus No. 5 to Deshengmen stop, and transfer to bus No. 919, 919 (Through) or 919 (Express) to Badaling Gret Wall.

Hi, I want to enquire about 1. the weather and suitable dress code during mid oct 2.official time schedule with price for airport shuttle bus and metro line 5 thanks

Reply10/6/2011 8:12:51 PMCal ,   Malaysia

Bill :10/8/2011 2:31:26 AM

1. thin sweater a normal jacket.
2. you can find the schedule on the official website of Beijing International Capital Airport, and Beijing subway.

hi, i will be in Beijing at 1st week of November, how is the whether on that time, what kind of cloths or jacket i should bring?

Reply10/3/2011 12:13:03 AMGladys ,   Malaysia

Christ :10/8/2011 2:05:52 AM

it will be cold at that time. you should wear sweater and thick jacket.

Hi, All!

I would like to know if there's snow in December in Beijing. I wanted to experience the snow. Is there a snow in December in Beijing?

Reply8/25/2011 2:44:39 AMjiro ,   Philippines

Mars :8/28/2011 12:23:31 AM

hi jiro,
it is really hard to say whether there will be snow or not.
you can check the weather forecast before you go.

We plan to visit Beijing in the last week of November. I would like to know where to eat without breaking the bank (meaning not too expensive). I plan to try out the following restaurants: Dadong Roast Duck restaurant, Dingtaifeng restaurant, and some hot pot restaurants. Where else should I try? Thanks for the suggestion.

Reply8/21/2011 6:25:39 PMV. Wu ,   United States

Peter :8/22/2011 7:12:00 PM

here are some famous but not very expensive restaurtants:
Bei Ping Lou Restaurant, Dao Jia Chang, Gou Bu Li Baozi (steamed stuffed bun), Jiu Men Snacks, Dao Xiang Cun, Yi Wan Ju Noodles (noodles with chopped meat in fried bean sauce).

I plan to visit Beijing in Nov-22-2011 for a period of ten days. Will it be too cold and windy to visit places such as the Great Wall, Ming tombs, Yiheyuan and all the well-known Parks. Will we be able to see the Panda in Beijing Zoo. Does Panda hibernate during the Winter? Any festival around Beijing in that period? Thanks for the info.

Reply8/16/2011 1:16:29 PMV. Wu ,   United States

vivian :8/16/2011 7:36:57 PM

hi V. Wu,
it will be a little cold and windy, but can not stop your trip:)
just take some warm clothes like a down jacket and a pair of boots.
you can see the panda
there are no festival in that period.

my trip will change to 28.sept. until 3 oct.
it is suitable to me visit the great wall,shopping at tian ya hongqiao market and jade and silk center.

Reply8/9/2011 11:52:18 PMjanny ,   Malaysia

Sunny :8/10/2011 7:26:18 PM

yes Janny,
you have chosen the best time.

hai, i want go to beijing at 16 to 20 november 2011.what the weather at the time. can i fill snow at the that?. what should i wearing?

Reply8/7/2011 9:06:26 PMjanny ,   Malaysia

Sunny :8/8/2011 6:35:24 PM

it is cold at that time, but i'm not sure whether it will snow or not.

The prime Hotel and Inner Mongolia Grand hotel. Do they cater western breakfast.

Reply8/3/2011 10:34:42 PMdaleen

candy :8/6/2011 10:55:45 PM

yes, the Prime Hotel cater French Cusine, while the Inner Mongolia Grand Hotel has French and Italian food.

hi, me and my fiancee plan to go to Beijing for our honeymoon early January, I was wondering about the weather status? Are the tourist sites still be open?

Reply8/3/2011 7:37:54 AMLL ,   Philippines

Beijinger :8/3/2011 7:02:32 PM

hi LL,
most of them is open, but it is pretty cold in January, and please take some warm clothes with you.