Home : Beijing Entertainments : Comments

Hi, I want to ask if you could tell if there is any jym near Quianmen, line 2. Please tell me the monthly fare. And, Jinsong line 10. I would really appreciate your help.

Reply10/19/2013 12:43:45 AMVsevolod ,   China

Emma :10/20/2013 8:08:25 PM

few can be find near Qianmen, but there are many near Jinsong.

Hi,I will be staying in beijing, to be specific,9 Dazhongsi East RoadHai Dian DistrictBeijing, 100098I will be at this location for a few months and wish to find a gym which i can attend.It needs to cater heavy weights as I am an amateur body builder and also needs to cater for my schedule as I will be getting student work experience over there. I start at 2pm Beijing time and finish at 10pm and wish to find a gym that stays open after this time as I will need to train after I finish each day. The worst scenario is I train before work which can be arranged into my schedule. if your able to provide a rough estimation on cost, especially considering the duration to which I will be staying there which is roughly 2 months. Being a student I dont have a great deal of funds but am willing to sacrifice certain things for reasonable quality gym equipment, again thankyou for your help and advice.Can you please advise me on this. Thankyou for your help.

Reply9/17/2013 5:46:32 PMLachlan ,   Australia

Emma :9/17/2013 7:17:44 PM

i would like to recommend the gym at Capital University of Physical Education and Sports. the facilities are professional.
and the cost for two months will not exceed CNY1,000.

Hi, I am a Spanish student from Valencia that I am going to do a academic year at UIBE in Beijing, the university in Chaoyang district... do anyone know a sports center near there?? I am so atheletic and at first I know it will be difficult for me to adapt there, so, it will be like for scape of all the pressure...
and also, do anyone know how are the mensulity in a sport center there ?
thanks for all
SANDRA

Reply4/14/2013 3:29:11 PMs ,   Spain

Gina :4/15/2013 7:47:38 PM

there is sports center in the campus.
not far from the west gate of the campus, there is one named Haosha, which will be more professional.

Hi all, just moved near Lama temple, are there any gyms in this area as far as anyone knows ? Thanks for your help in advance!

Reply1/11/2013 6:37:56 AMKaty ,   United States

Gyms here in Beijing are closing at a rapid rate. Many of the places listed above are closed; some have been shut for months.

Gyms are usually poorly managed and, like so many enterprises here in China, operated for the sole purpose of making money. They seemed like a good investment for a while to some but now that the Olympics seems like a century or so ago, they are no longer an in-thing to go to.

Rarely will you find a gym that is run and managed by competent, fitness-minded people. (Many of the locker rooms have people smoking in them, including employees.) Like coffee bars and music venues, gyms are fading away as people lose taste for what they considered fashionable instead of something for exercise.

Wishing you good luck in your search, for you will need it.

Reply5/5/2011 11:00:00 PMSergei ,   China

Peter ( China ) :11/19/2012 11:00:38 PM

Hello Sergej, what you say might be true for for some enterprises, but also quality costs money. Tera Wellness in Phoenix city is in a feasible walk distance and hast good equipment. Even rowing machines by concept II. So first investigate clear examples and then make statements. A general prejudice does not help anyone.

Hi, i'm going to live in beijing haidian district xisanhuan near Gongfuzhen metro station. Any recommendations of fitness clubs near thos area?

Reply10/15/2012 2:00:59 AMNaomi

Tina :10/15/2012 6:27:20 PM

do you mean the Gongzhufen metro station?
there is a CSI Bally Total Fitness Center located at the 4th floor of Jinyu Mansion, Hangtian Bridge, North Road of West 3rd Ring Road. abuot 2 km north of the metro station.

Hi!
I'm here in Beijing for a 3 month internship. I'm living in the Beijing Riviera compound but the fitness center in the club house is bad and expensive, for my opinion. Is there a fitness center reachable with the e-bike having normal prices?

Reply9/19/2012 8:43:49 PMJulius ,   Germany

Kate :9/20/2012 7:06:55 PM

since the place you stay in a little bit far from the downtown, so can not find other fitness center......

I live in Beijing near guangximen subway. Do you know of any fitness centers nearby?

Reply8/17/2012 12:41:46 AMBeth ,   China

Lily :8/19/2012 7:55:34 PM

there is not any big fitness center nearby, but there are many universities nearby, you can see whether there are fitness centers in the universities.
you can also try the fitness center in the Crowne Plaza Beijing Sun Palace hotel which is about 500 meters from the Guangximen station.

Just moved to Beijing, working at Gateway Plaza, looking for a gym open early in the morning 6:30 or earlier. Steve

Reply7/31/2012 1:11:09 AMSteve ,   United States

Emma :7/31/2012 6:51:26 PM

a gym usually opens at 07:00 in the morning. if you want to do some exercise in the early morning, i think parks or the public square are good choices.

I am visiting Beijing for a few weeks and I am looking for a gym and fitness center near Dongzhimen underground station. Do you have any advice? Thank you!

Reply7/7/2012 11:56:16 PMJoel ,   Sweden

Babara :7/8/2012 7:18:47 PM

there is one named Powerhouse at the No. 48 Dongzhimenwai Dajie.

Hey! My name is Jing. I'm going to study law at Tsinghua University as an exchange student this fall and I'm therefore looking for a good gym near Tsinghua University or in Haidian district. I wish for it to be neat and clean, but not too expensive.. somewhere around 200-400 RMB? Suggestions?

Thanks you guys!

Reply3/18/2012 2:15:17 PMJing ,   China

Linda :3/18/2012 8:10:23 PM

There is a gym in Tsinghua University, why will you go to other gym?

I just arrived in Beijing and Iam searching for a fitness center close to taoranting park (xuanwu qu district).

Any suggestions? Thanks for your help

Reply3/5/2012 7:28:09 PMThomas ,   Germany

Vic :3/6/2012 6:29:55 PM

Hi Thomas,
the park is a good outdoor fitness center:)
i know the CSI-BAlly Total Fitness is a nice one, but it is a little bit far from the park. the nearest one is located at No.7 Inner Jianguo Gate Avenue (Jian Guo Men Nei Da Jie), Dongcheng District.

Hello I am Oriol from Spain. The next month i will go to live in Beijing. My house will be very near of the China World Hotel and i want to do bodybuilding fitness. Where can i go? Thank you

Reply2/29/2012 4:41:27 AMOriol ,   Spain

Bill :2/29/2012 6:11:34 PM

Hi Oriol,
there are many fitness center in the area you live. here is a nice one CSI-BAlly Total Fitness located Building 2, Jianwai SOHO Building, No. 39, Middle Road of East 3rd Ring Road, Chaoyang District.

I'm currently working in Beijing for an extended period. Is there a fitness center or gym that has rowing machines (concept 2)?

Reply12/10/2011 11:32:14 PMRachel ,   United States

Ben :12/11/2011 6:16:50 PM

Hi Rachel,
many fitness centers have rowing machines, but may not be the Concept 2.

I will be studying abroad this summer during the months of May and June and would love to learn more about what events or programs that you offer during that time. It would be a great experience for me while staying in touch with the game of tennis.
Chloe Thurman

Reply3/31/2011 7:16:00 PMChloe Thurman ,   United States

Bruce :3/31/2011 9:15:00 PM

If you are insterested in tennis, I advise you go to Beijing Olympic Green Tennis Center located at Side Road of N. 5th Ring Road, Chaoyang, Beijing.

My name is Kiran Tyagi. I will be staying at Capital Normal University this summer doing an internship in Beijing. However I am very interested in fitness, and came across this fitness center. I would love to know more about the facility and the fitness programs offered.

Reply3/31/2011 7:13:00 PMKiran Tyagi ,   United States

Bruce :3/31/2011 9:10:00 PM

It's hard to list the detailed info. about the fitness centers above here. One eyewitness is better than thousands of words. You can know about them when you are in China.

Hello ! I am in Beijing. I come from New York City and I am looking for a place, a gym or fitness center, to work out at. Can anyone make a suggestion ?

Reply10/2/2010 12:34:00 PMCarol Linda ,   United States

Bob :10/5/2010 9:43:00 PM

You have to prepare a resume, your visa and passport, search relevant employment information through internet or newspapers, and then apply for a job. Good Louck!

Hello

I will study in Beijing at the Beijing International Studies University - BISU. The University is located in Chaoyang district. Does anybody know any gyms nearby?
Thanks for the help.

Reply7/30/2010 7:55:00 AMMichal ,   Poland

anna :7/31/2010 8:58:00 PM

hi Michal,
there's a gym in the univerisity.

hi, what gym is the cheapest one... sorry for asking this this is my first time.. so thats why i want to ask first...
im here near in CHAOYANG PARK..which are closed here. tnks

Reply2/5/2010 10:37:00 PMyhda ,   China

Cherry :2/8/2010 7:59:00 PM

I think it should be the Chaoyang Gym.

hello
my name is Dan
i m looking for job
can You halp me
i theacher of dance (hip hop R&b style) and i can work in gym
can You send me e-mail all top fitness center in Beijing

Reply10/22/2009 1:38:00 AMdan ,   Kazakhstan