Home : FAQs : Comments

Hi,I will stay in Holiday Inn Express Donzhimen Beijing,we have 6 of us, how do i go about to Tianjin Airport from my hotel and how long to take to reach Tianjin Airport.

Reply2/15/2012 6:33:42 PMPenny ,   Malaysia

Nina :2/16/2012 7:09:46 PM

Hi Penny,
you can take two cabs to Beijing Bawangfen Longd-distance bus Station (15 minutes). there are airport shuttle bus leaving for Tianjin Airport at 10:30 everyday (2 hours).

Hi there,

I and my partner would like to spend our holiday in Beijing during the chinese new year festival 23-27 Jan 2012. I would like to know if the main attraction places like forbidden city, great wall, summer palace & Ming tombs would be closed during the festival?

Reply12/9/2011 7:17:22 AMShirley ,   Singapore

Kevin :12/9/2011 5:05:40 PM

All of the attractions you mentioned will be open then. Have a good time in Beijing!

we are coming from Shanghai, our hotel in beijing is near forbidden city. what train station should we book? Beijing or Beijing south? Thanks

Reply11/7/2011 11:27:17 PMJoy ,   Philippines

Ann :11/8/2011 6:27:20 PM

Beijing Railway station is nearer to the forbidden City.

I'm wondering where to buy the student bus cards. Every time I go to the subway stations, the people on duty never seem to know what I'm talking about. Is there a special place I should know about?

Reply9/11/2011 9:35:41 AMRebecca ,   United States

Lily :9/12/2011 11:15:56 PM

hi Rebecca,
are u a students in Beijing? if so,you ask your school or univerisity. i heard the schools and universities will distribute the card.

Are wheelchairs available to be rented at the Forbidden City?
What is the cost and where can they be rented?

Thanks Penny

Reply9/7/2011 6:10:42 PMPenny Carey ,   Canada

Jack :9/7/2011 6:58:11 PM

yes, you can rent wheelchairs at the entrance for free. a deposit of CNY 500 is needed and will be returned to you when you give it back.

my husband and I will be arriving Tianjin port on Oct 15th Sun Princess and would like to travel in a Bullet train to Bejing - How would we organise this - shoudl we book ahead - Are there taxis from the Port to the Railway Station.
Thankyou.

Reply8/20/2011 10:49:04 PMJoan ,   Australia

David :8/20/2011 11:15:20 PM

hi Joan,
the port is located in the Tanggu District in Tianjin City, and there are also bullet trains from Tanggu Railway station to Beijing, which depart at 08:33, 09:24, 13:44, 17:09, 18:18, 19:24, 19:59.
you can take a taxi to the Tanggu Railway station.
but if you can not catch the trains from Tanggu, you can go to Tianjin Railway station. from the port, you can take a bus No. 513 to Shi Min Guang Chang, and then take a taxi to Tianjin Railway station.
taxies from the port to Tianjin Railway station are also avaliable.

I am an exchange student studying at Renmin University this Sept. through to the end of June. I am in need of accommodation. I would love to stay with a host family but am having difficulty finding one close to the University. I don't mind having to travel a bit, I plan to get around on a bike. Do you have any suggestions as to where to contact people that may be able to help me out? Thankyou for your consideration!

Reply8/16/2011 8:02:19 PMCharlie ,   Canada

Vivian :8/17/2011 8:08:48 PM

hi Charlie,
doesn't the university provide accommodation for you?
if you perfer the host family, you can try to find some home stay agencies in Beijing, and they provide realiable host families.

I reach Beijing around 3pm afternoon, may I know which attraction that you recommend?

Reply8/10/2011 10:17:07 PMLeoangie ,   Malaysia

Viola :8/17/2011 7:54:25 PM

here are famous Beijing attractions,
and i recommend the Badaling Great Wall, Forbidden City, Summer Palace, and old Hutongs.

Hi we are looking at going to beijing next year and was wondering if there were tours espeshally to the great wall that a 3 year old could go on?

Reply7/21/2011 6:10:31 PMTegan ,   Australia

Beijingtrip.com :7/23/2011 8:47:15 PM

Dear Tegan,
Beijingtrip.com provides customized tour packages, which allows you to arrange your tour according to your needs. Our travel consultant will contact you.
Thank you for visiting Beijingtrip.com!

I have a Question!

Directions from Guiyou Department Store to Temple of Heaven - walking!

Reply6/21/2011 5:57:34 AMmatt lauer ,   United States

Jackson :6/21/2011 8:21:14 PM

is it the Guiyou Mansion in Jianguomen?
if so, you can walk to Yong'anli Subway station to take subway line 1 to Tiananmen East Station, and then take bus 2 to Tianqiao stop and walk to the Temple of Heaven.

Hi, my cruise will arrive Xingang Port on Oct 7 at 9am. how long will it take to arrive Beijing international airport by coach? I will need to know this to arrange bookings on my flights.

Reply9/16/2010 5:04:00 AMElizabeth Alauner ,   United States

andy :9/18/2010 9:20:00 PM

there's no direct bus from the port to the airport, you need to go to the Tanggu Bus Terminal first, the address is No. 5976 of Jintang Rd of Area Tanggu. you can take a taxi there (about 30 minutes). then you can take the airport shuttle bus to Beijing International Airport, the bus departs at 04:00, 05:00, 06:30, 08:00, 09:30, 11:00, 12:00, 13:00, 14:00, 15:30, 17;30, 20:00 from the bus terminal. i takes about 3 hours from the bus terminal the airport.

Hi, can you tell me if hiking the Great Wall at Mutyiana (sorry if I spelt it wrong) is ok for children aged 7-10.

They are all physically fit but I'm not sure how steep the climbs are.

Reply7/23/2010 11:21:00 PMDavid ,   Thailand

anna :7/24/2010 9:09:00 PM

hi David,
it's Ok, you can take your kids to Mutianyu. it will just be tired after you climb the great wall.

Hi,thank you very much for your good services.i would like to ask how much the ticket inside tour of Beijing water cube, and Birds Nest stadium in Beijing Olympic village.thanks

Reply3/26/2010 5:09:00 AMjenny ,   Philippines

Dave :3/26/2010 8:56:00 PM

The ticket of the water cube and the Bird Nest are CNY3o & CNY50 respectively.

hello,would like to inquire how much is the night shows of kung fu and acrobatic show tickets and how to go there by subway or taxi and estimated costs of tickets and transports thanks. and how to go to olympic village and tickets inside costs.our hotel is in chongwenmen.thanks.

Reply3/25/2010 5:02:00 AMjenny ,   Philippines

Daniel :3/25/2010 9:17:00 PM

As for the ticket price of the Kung Fu, please refer to the info. on the website below:
For the way to go to watch Kong Fu, it denpengs on which theater you will go, Chaoyang Theater or Beijing Workers' Club?

The Olympic Village is free of charge, you can take Subway Line 5 to Huixinxijie and cheng to Subway Line 10 to the Olympic Village directly.

1) Can you please provide the estimated time and cost to travel from these places to Beijing by plane or any other transportation.
- Guangzhou
- Guilin
- Haikou (Hainan)
- Shenzhen
2) Which is nearer and cheaper?
3) Which places are more interesting to visit?

Reply11/11/2009 8:58:00 PMNik ,   Malaysia

Li Mei ( China ) :9/14/2010 10:36:00 PM

Hi, friend
you can check it yourself here

Which airport is the nearest to visit Beijing / Great Wall of China? How far is it from all these airport and what is the best way of travelling from the airpots area?
- Guangzhou
- Guilin
- Haikou (Hainan)
- Shenzhen

Reply11/11/2009 5:46:00 AMNik ,   Malaysia

Haoren ( China ) :11/11/2009 8:42:00 PM

You can take a flight from any of these four cities to Beijing International Airport. From there you may take a taxi to Deshengmen where you can catch the No. 919 bus to Badaling.

Is there any Restroom in Airport to rest about 4hours?

Reply10/3/2008 2:30:00 AMshengbin ,   Singapore

BeijingTrip.com :10/7/2008 9:16:00 PM

Yes, there are rest rooms in different terminal buildings of Beijing Capital International Airport. For details, please go to the http://en.bcia.com.cn/servings/service103445.shtml.

i just returned from Beijing and we have encountered a terrible experiences and service which we would like to file a complain with Beijing Tourism Board, appreciate if you could provide me an email address that i can submit my complain in details urgently, thanks !!

Reply10/27/2008 1:19:00 PMjennifer ,   Singapore

BeijingTrip.com :10/27/2008 9:04:00 PM

Hi, Jennifer

We are sorry to hear that. But we do not have the email address of Beijing Tourism Board. Our suggestion is that to select a better and more qualified travel agency next time.

The summer palace is the most amazing place in the world.

Reply1/22/2009 12:11:00 PMRosalina ,   Australia

Good day to you,
Would appreciate very much if you can give me information on where to take the bullet train to Tianjin and the cost?
Thank you.
Seng.

Reply2/19/2009 7:40:00 PMSeng, Dennis. ,   Malaysia

BeijingTrip.com :2/19/2009 8:06:00 PM

Good day to you,
The Beijing-Tianjin Highspeed Train runs every 15 minites between Beijing South Railway Station and Tianjin Railway Station. It is CNY 69 for the first-class ticket while CNY 58 for the second class.

Thanks for supporting beijingtrip.com!