Home : Beijing Transportation : By Train : Comments

I need to travel from Beijing airport to Beijing west train station. can i travel without changing many trains as i am travelling for the first time. also i will have 2 bags with me, is that allowed in the train? i i were to take a taxi how do i go about it? i need to book a ticket to wudang mountains.

Reply6/30/2010 5:03:00 PMAkansha ,   India

Brenda :6/30/2010 9:17:00 PM

hi Akansha,
there's no direct subways or buses from the airport to Beijing West Railway Station, so you need to Take the Airport Express Line of Beijing Subway at T2 or T3 in the Capital Airport, get off at Dongzhimen Station, and change to Subway Line 2 to Changchun Street, and then take Bus No. 67 to Beijing West Railway Station. two bags is ok, you can take them with you. i am confused about your question for taxi, could you detail it ? and for the ticket to Wudang Mountains, do you mean train ticket or air ticket?

I am taking an overnight train from Shanghai to Beijing and I will be arriving at 7:30am in Beijing. Is there somewhere inside the Beijing Railway Station South where I can store my luggage? I want to store the luggage for a few hours until I can check in to my hotel.

Reply6/30/2010 3:50:00 PMYenny Luna ,   United States

anna :6/30/2010 9:10:00 PM

hi, you can store your luggage at the luggage storage counter in the station.

I will be arriving from Korea in Bejing at 5:10pm and would like to catch a train leaving the Beijing West Station at 8:0opm. Is this possible? How long does it take to get to the West station from the airport?

Reply6/21/2010 12:14:00 AMJenny ,   Korea, Republic Of

Lily :6/21/2010 5:38:00 AM

yes, it is possible. you can take the airport express subway line to Dongzhimen subway station, then change to subway line 2 to Jianguomen Station, then subway line 1 to the Military Museum Station and then subway line 9 to Beijing West Railway Station. it takes about 40 minutes and you don't need to worry about the traffic jam.

I will arrive to Beijing at night around 2 a.m.

How can I get to Tianjin? Is there any High Speed trains to Tianjin at night?

Reply5/28/2010 2:51:00 PMAnna ,   Ukraine

Bella :5/28/2010 8:33:00 PM

you can take the intercity train at Beijing South Railway Station. but the last train is at 23:00, so i'm afraid you have to wait till the morning.

I would like to travel from Beijing to Tianjin by the intercity railway, may i know how to get to the railway station from Beijing Airport?
And shall I purchase the ticket online or I can easily buy 1 at the station? Any time table for the train?

Thanks!

Reply5/22/2010 12:36:00 AMcres ,   Malaysia

anna :5/24/2010 9:34:00 PM

you need to get to Beijng South Station to take the intercity train. from the airport to Beijing South Station, you can take an Airport Express Line in the airport, get off at Dongzhimen Station; change to Subway Line 2 to Xuanwumen Station, and then Subway Line 4 to Beijing South Station.
you don't need to buy the ticket in advance, there are several railways every hour from 6:35 to 23:00, so it is very convevient for you to buy the ticket at the railway station.

Looking to come in from Tiajin on Train to Beijing Sth Station. But need to get to Beijing Station. Can we get on a subway train direct? Glenn

Reply5/22/2010 11:51:00 PMGlenn ,   Australia

lisa :5/24/2010 9:18:00 PM

hi Glenn,
you can take a Subway Line 4 at Beijng South Station and get off at Xuanwumen Station, and change to Subway Line 2 to Beijing Station.

where is the Railway station at Beijing for me to visit shenyang north by train(train number is D23 as i get it from internert)it take 4 hours to reach shenyang?

Reply5/15/2010 12:32:00 PMTeo ,   Malaysia

Bella :5/17/2010 9:03:00 PM

you need to go to Beijing Railway Station to take the train, for the location and transportation you may refer to the the information in this very page, there is the information you need. and it takes only 4 hours from Beijing to Shenyang North, the train is very fast.

I adopted my son from China 1.5 years ago in Beijing. He was found at the Beijing South Railway station in 2003. When we were in China we asked our guide to bring us to the police station, but he didn't feel comfortable doing this. Does anyone know if there is an email address for the new police station there and if it is possible that anyone speaks English there? I'm trying to get a copy of the police report with my son't baby picture. I adopted him at age 5.
Thank you!

Reply4/29/2010 9:10:00 AMjane ,   United States

Joey :4/29/2010 8:38:00 PM

there is a phone number, see if it coule help you.
+86 010 63036931

I will be going to Chaoyang District in Beijing from Shanghai. Which train station should I get off at? And what is the easiest way to get to Chaoyang District from there? Thank you!

Reply4/7/2010 11:10:00 AMkarla ,   Morocco

David :4/7/2010 8:54:00 PM

You should get off at Beijing East Railway Station which is just located at Chaoyang District.

I would like to take a train from Beijing to Shunchang, Fujian Province. Or the next nearest station will be to alight at Fuzhou. How do I find out what type of trains go to my destination? I would like to travel in one with a lockable cabin with beds as I will be travelling with my young toddler. Need advices!

Thank you!

Reply4/1/2010 3:07:00 AMWendy ,   Singapore

Sara ( United Kingdom ) :4/1/2010 8:43:00 PM

You may search the train No. from the wesite below:
Acocording to your condition, I advise you book a hard berth or a soft berth.

I want to go from Beijing railwaystation south to Beijing Airport. What is the shortest way and how much would a taxi cost. I'll arrive at the south railwaystation hopefully at 6:30pm, i know it's rush hour, so I don't know how crowded the subway will be. Is it possible do go by subway or is it also possible to go by taxi? I have to be at terminal 2 by at least 8.30 pm. Where does the subway stop when I arrive at the airport? I have only been to Beijing once and will be travelling on my own. Because I don't know the city very well and it's in the evening, I'm worried that I'll get lost and miss my flight ;-)! Thx

Reply3/30/2010 8:59:00 AMLotta ,   Germany

Fred :3/30/2010 8:45:00 PM

The shortest way is take a taxi which costs about CNY 100. However, your schedule is so tight, I'm afraid you will possibble miss your flight even if you rush to the airport by the shortest way, so I advise you change a flight.

May I know how to getting to Beijing EXPO from Tianjin airport? I'll getting there by train. How can i book the train ticket earlier before my trip?

Reply3/29/2010 11:10:00 PMEric Foong ,   Malaysia

David :3/30/2010 8:32:00 PM

You may book the ticket through a reliable travel agency on the website.

what is the fastest and cheapest way to go to beijing Aiport terminal 2 from West raiway station?

Reply3/25/2010 1:47:00 AMonon ,   China

Sara :3/25/2010 8:39:00 PM

Taking a taxi to Gongzhufen first, and then take the airport shuttle bus to Terminal 2 directly. It costs CNY31 for about 1 hour.

I will be arriving Beijing this Friday @ 1530 hrs then proceed to Tanggu, Tianjin via High Speed train & 185o hrs.
Pls advise the faster way to get to South Railway Station from Airport.
Thks... Han, Singapore

Reply3/21/2010 7:16:00 AMMak Lai Kam ,   Singapore

David :3/22/2010 9:22:00 PM

By taxi.

Hi everyone! please need your advice on which transpot is the fastest way to Beijing South Railway Station from Beijing International Airport. Are there any fast train from Beijing Intenational airport to South railway station? if there are how to ride this? Actually my route is to go to Tianjin the same day I arrived in the International Airport. They said that by subway train in Beijing South Station will take only 1 hour. But my problem is on how to go from Beijing International Airpot to Beijing South Railway Station. Appreciate any help you guys can extend to me. Thanks in advance--Jack

Reply3/14/2010 6:04:00 AMJack

Linda :3/14/2010 9:34:00 PM

Taking a taxi is the fastest way, but it costs too much, so I advise you take a the subway: take subway line 10 to Dongzhimen, change to Subway line 2 to Xuanwumen, and finally take bus No. 102 to Beijing SOuth railway station.

I want to go to Tiajin port to board a cruise ship and need to travel by train from Beijing.We can only speak English. Is this a problem.

Reply2/23/2010 9:09:00 AMJim ,   United Kingdom

Bun :2/23/2010 7:40:00 PM

I think it may be a problem, you'd better employ a local guide in order to have a smooth travel in China.

I want to make journey beijing-xian, xian-beijing. The problem is my departure time from Peking Intl. Airport is 9.20. If I use night train from Xian-Beijing west, it would be 6.22 am. Is it possible to make flight? how many minutes from West Beijing St to Peking Intl Airport?

Reply2/17/2010 5:12:00 AMtama ,   Japan

Daniel :2/19/2010 7:56:00 PM

it takes about 1-1.5 hours from Beijing West Railway station to Beijing Capital Airport. For international flight, passengers are advised to get to the airport 2 hours before the flight, so I think you may not able to catch your flight.

Hi, I am trying to assist my ayi in purchasing train tickets online from Beijing>Hebei. She told me the following information: Z.73, beijing, hebei but I'm not sure what she is speaking of and I don't know where to start. Can you provide me with the website address that I would go to to try and assist her with this purchase. thank you

Reply1/28/2010 4:13:00 AMGOVance ,   China

Hi, I would like to purchase 5 overnight sleeper train tickets from Beijing to Hong Kong. How many stops is this train. I was initially told that I had to purchase 20 days ahead of time so attempted yesterday for a 2/15 ticket departing Beijing and to arrive HK on 2/16. Now I am told that because of CNY, I must purchase 6 days ahead of time. I am worried I will not get tickets because I am told of these changes at the last mnnute Is this normal?

Reply1/28/2010 4:09:00 AMGOVance ,   China

Daniel :1/28/2010 7:49:00 PM

The train tickets are hard to got before the CHinese New Year, but it will be easier after the China New Year Eve, so I think you may be able to get the tickets.

i'll arrive at beijing railway station and i've to catch another train at beijing west reaiway station. how far is beijing west from beijing eailway station. by which bus can i go ? pls provide information in fetail.
thanks

Reply1/13/2010 1:03:00 AMajay ,   Nepal

Daniel :1/13/2010 7:39:00 PM

if you want to get the all of the available buses from Beijing Railway station to Beijing West Railway Station, please try the following website: