Home : Beijing Transportation : By Train : Comments

staying at Novotel Xin Qiao what is the nearest railway station to catch train to Tianjin

Reply7/6/2011 9:54:04 AMbruce ,   United Kingdom

Mark :7/6/2011 6:50:45 PM

hi bruce,
you can take subway line 2 to Xuanwumen station, then subway line 4 to Beijing South Railway station, where you can take the inter city express train to Tianjin.

can you recommend hotels that are very close to railway stations, (we are looking at staying at China World Hotel)and what district it is located in. Thank you

Reply7/1/2011 2:40:33 AMLiz ,   South Africa

Lilian :7/2/2011 8:44:46 PM

the International Hotel, Beijing is also near the railway station.

James :7/2/2011 8:40:15 PM

Howard Johnson Paragon Hotel, Beijing is near the Beijing Railway Station.

i will arriving Beijing at 11:30am from Ethiopia and my destination is Huaihua in mid- south China, i want to travel by rail, which railway station do i get train to Huaihua in mid - South China and also which cheap but decent Hotel nearest to the rail station would you recommend please.
from Bala A. Moni

Reply7/2/2011 8:20:35 AMBala A. Moni ,   Nigeria

Amarni :7/2/2011 8:43:48 PM

you should go to the Beijing West Railway station to take the train to Huaihua.
hotels near Beijing West Railway station: Beijing Railway Hotel (West Railway Station)

I am arriving to the International Airport of Beijin on June 29 (around 3:00 pm) and wish to take the City Express train to Tianjin (30 mins) at the south train station. I have two questions: How can I get from the airport to the south train station (aprox. costs) and do I have to buy the tickets in advance and if so how do I do this?

Reply6/24/2011 12:29:26 PMGabriela R ,   Mexico

Sara :6/25/2011 6:50:14 PM

take the subway airport line to Dongzhimen station, then subway line 2 to Xuanwumen station, and then subway line 4 to the Beijing South Railway Station.

you can get the ticket when you are in the railway station, and a reservation is not necessary.

Hi, I'm traveling to Beijing in mid july and planning to go Mongolia. Is it possible to get train tickets at Beijing Railway Station just a few days earlier? Or do I have to book from an agency?

Reply6/22/2011 7:48:17 AMGwen ,   Singapore

Ashley :6/22/2011 7:22:08 PM

Do you mean Mongolia, the country, or Inner Inner Mongolia?
usually, train tickets can be booked ten days in advance, so you'd better book it as early as possible.

Can you tell me how to catch the train from Beijing to Xi'an? What are my options? Should I take a train, bus, or airplane? should I reserve several days in advanceo or can I purchase same day train ticket? How many miles is it from Beijing to Xi'an

Reply6/20/2011 10:39:39 AMHoma Falsafi ,   United States

Emily :6/21/2011 12:01:23 AM

you need to book the ticket in advance if you want to take the train or airplane.
for train, you need to go to Beijing West Railway Station.
it is about 750 miles between Beijing and Xian

I'm flying into Beijing mid-August and would like to take the Beijing-Shanghai high speed railway for a brief visit to Shanghai. How can I get tickets for the high speed rail? Is this something I could do in advance in case the tickets sell out fast, or do I have to wait until I'm in Beijing? Thank you!

Reply6/19/2011 8:00:46 PMMary ,   United States

Jackson :6/20/2011 11:55:37 PM

hi Mary,
i think you need to book it in advance, and you'd better to find a reliable travel agency to book it for you.
i know this website provide train ticket booking service, you may have a try.

Hello, Il will be arrivin june 22 at 2.30 pm in beijing and I need to catch the train to Yanzhou, do you know from which one of all the trainstations that train leaves? I hope you can help me out. thanks. susan

Reply6/15/2011 8:32:22 AMsusan ,   China

Olivia :6/15/2011 7:46:39 PM

hi Susan,
here is the train schedule from beijing to Yanzhou:
in the timetable, "beijing" refers to Beijing Railway Statin, "beijing South" means the Beijing South Railway station.

Can you also let know from which trainstation in beijing the train to qufu leaves? I heard it goes once per day at 23:34 train K51, do you know fropm which station it departs and how to get a ticket ? and how to get to that station from beijing International Airport? Thanks alot!

Reply6/15/2011 8:35:41 AMsusan ,   China

Cathy :6/15/2011 7:51:04 PM

it departs from Beijing Railway Station.
you can not get the ticket in the airport, but you can buy it in the railway station.
however, it is close to the summer vacation, so train tickets are hard to buy. you may get no tickets when you arrive at the railway station.
i suggest you book the ticket through a travel agency in advance. http://www.beijingtrip.com/china-train/display.asp?tp=1&to1=Qufu&from1=beijing&tstop=&trainno1=
here this website provide ticket booking service.

Does the new Beijing South Railway Station have storage lockers for luggage? I have a couple of mid-sized suitcases that I'll need to story for around 8 hours.

Reply6/12/2011 7:00:53 PMJohn ,   United States

Lyla :6/12/2011 8:19:20 PM

yes, there are lockers for luggage storage in the Beijing South Railway Station.

i'll be arriving china on the first of july at 22:10. intending to go to tianjin. is the subway operable 24hours? how can i get to tianjin from the beijing airport?

Reply6/7/2011 4:59:49 AMrsh ,   Australia

Rita :6/7/2011 7:19:24 PM

no the subway does not operate 24 hours.
you can take a taxi to Beijing West Railway Station and buy the latest ticket to Tianjin. but you will arrive in Tianjin after midnight.
so i suggest you to spend the nigh in Beijing and go to Tianjian the next morning.

I am thinking to take the train to Beijing from Chengdu due to a number of negative comments on the Air China Airlines and other domestic flights in China. As I know, the train will stop at the West Beijing Railway Station. I wonder is there any subway ( direct or indirect ) enable me to reach Forbidden City in the shortest time as am gonna to book a hotel near the Forbidden City too. By the way, which subway I should take to go to the Beijing Airport from Forbidden City? Thanks in advance.

Reply6/1/2011 8:32:55 PMcool blue ,   Malaysia

Beijinger :6/2/2011 8:37:23 PM

there's no subway in the Beijing West Railway Station. you can take a bus No. 301 to Qianmen stop and bus No. 126 to Tiananmen East, and walk to the Forbidden City.
from the forbidden City to the airport, you can take the subway line 1 at Tiananmen East station to Jianguomen Station, then transfer to subway line 2 to Dongzhimen station, and then take the subway airport express line to the airport.

Beijing to Shanghai train at what time in the morning ?

Reply5/30/2011 8:38:11 AMomid ,   China

Beijinger :5/31/2011 6:06:26 PM

the train arrives in Beijing Railway Station.
from the railway station to Beijing Capital Airport you can take subway line 2 to Dongzhimen station, and then the subway airport express line.

terry ( United Kingdom ) :5/31/2011 5:46:00 AM

Taking train K24 from Ulaanbaatar to Beijing but not sure which Beijing train station it arrives to. Please advise name of station.

Also from the train station I need to go directly to international airport. I would like to do so by Beijing Airport Express train. Is that possible? Does it depart from same train station? If not, how do I connect.

Thanks in advance

David :5/31/2011 2:33:00 AM

you can find the train schedule here:

Hi! can you please tell me which bus number to take from bejing west train station to grand hyatt hotel or can you please write it in chinese as well so maybe we can take the cab. And how many minutes from the train station to grand hyatt hotel by bus? where going there this june. Thanks alot!

Reply5/25/2011 12:19:38 PMJulie ,   Hong Kong, China

Beijinger :5/25/2011 7:52:04 PM

hi Julie,
i suggest you to take a cab, since there's no direct bus from the railway station to the hotel.
it takes less than 20 minutes and costs about CNY 30.
you may show the taxi driver:"
请到长安街北京东方君悦大酒店,谢谢!”

I am arriving at Beijing Capital Airport around 8pm this Friday the 27th. My final destination is Tianjin. I was planning to stay the night as it would be getting late once I get out of the airport. I have a couple questions for you, if you could kindly answer them:

1. Beijing South Station is the only train going to Tianjin right?

2. How far exactly is the train station from the airport? I do plan on taking a taxi, so how much would it cost?

3. I'm not sure if you know this, but do you know any hotels in the area of the train station that are economical but close enough so that it doesn't cost much from hotel to train station?

Reply5/23/2011 11:50:45 AMJeffrey ,   Canada

Beijinger :5/23/2011 7:59:14 PM

hi Jeffrey,
1. there are also trains from Beijing Railway Station and Beijing South Railway Station to Tianjin, but take longer time,like 1.5 to 2 hours. the trains from Beijing South Railway station to Tianjin only take 30 minutes.
2. about 130 -150 by taxi.
3. you can try the
Golden Oasis Hotel.

Please, how can i get to Lido, Chaoyang from Beijing west railway station?

Reply5/22/2011 3:52:52 AMHarris ,   United Kingdom

Vic :5/22/2011 7:38:31 PM

hi Harris,
there's no direct buses, so i suggest you to take a taxi. it takes about 30 minutes and costs about CNY 60.

Please suggest I am planning to visit china in june, we are making a booking in Park Hyatt, Chaoyang District
But we suppose to go daily to fengtai district for some official work. Does easily transportation is available, if its how much time will it take to reach over there.

Reply5/19/2011 3:47:43 PMRajiv ,   India

Funny :5/22/2011 12:55:08 AM

hi Rajiv,
take it easy. it is convenient to get to the Fengtai District.
usually takes about 1.5 hours.

dear sir/mdm

i'll be arriving to beijing south station from tianjin. could you pls guide me the best way to get to the forbidden city

Reply5/19/2011 10:12:04 PMronald ,   Malaysia

Sally :5/22/2011 12:47:50 AM

you can take subway line 4 to Xidan Station, and transfer to Subway line 2 to Tiananmen West station, and walk to the Forbidden City.

Can someone tell me about the car parking arragments and charges at Beijing South Railway Station, I plan to drive till the station and then take the train to Tianjin

Reply5/12/2011 11:05:00 PMSid ,   Argentina

Amarni :5/15/2011 2:49:00 AM

hi sid,
i suggest you to take a bus, taxi, or subway to the railway station.
there is a underground parking lot under the railway station, charging CNT 5 per hour.
the route is a little bit complicated, so you can ask the traffic police for help.

i want travel from Beijing to Cangzou on 8th May,2011 from Train.Please advice from where can i get the ticket at railway station

Reply5/5/2011 6:13:00 AMNitin Shah ,   India

Jack :5/5/2011 9:32:00 PM

There are trains to Cangzhou both from Beijing Railway station and Beijing South Railway Station. You can buy the tickets at either of the train stations in Beijing. You may also buy the tickets from the train tickets offices distributed in Beijing City in advance.