Home : Beijing Transportation : By Train : Comments

I arrive at PEK at 1 am and need to travel to Shanghai. Does the airport close overnight? Can I wait at airport for a morning flight? Is the metro open so I could travel to South Railway Station to take the first high speed train to Shanghai? Trying to decide. Thank you

Reply10/8/2011 1:02:17 AMTom ,   United States

Darvin :10/8/2011 2:39:07 AM

hi Tom,
usually the airport will be closed at night, but you can live in the hotel in the airport.
the earliest metro is at 06:20.

Have to pick up guests arriving on the train from Ulaabataar (A24), which station will the train arrive at???

Reply9/29/2011 3:03:36 AMJulie Hansen ,   China

Della :9/29/2011 8:50:22 PM

it will arrive at the Beijing Railway Station.

My flight arrives at 12 noon on Friday, Sept. 30 in Beijing. To get to Jinan, I have to take a train from Beijing South Railway Station. What train can I take and how long will it take me to transfer from airport to train station? What is the earliest time I can take the train from Beijing South to Jinan? Is the train going to start from Beijing or from somewhere else? How much is the train ticket for the transfer from airport to Beijing South Railway?

Reply9/26/2011 3:13:36 AMMike ,   Philippines

Candy :9/26/2011 7:07:27 PM

hi Mike,
there are express train from Beijing south Railway station to Jinan.
you can check the train schedule here on this page:
it takes you about one hour and 40 minutes from the airport to the railway station.
since you arrive on Sept. 30, and it is the day before the National Day Golden Week of China, i suggest you booking the train ticket in advance.

Pls. guide me from where to board train after reaching beijing international airport, if I want to go to Hebei province YUECHENG COMMERCIAL HOTEL ADD : WANGDU DONGJIE , ANPING COUNTY , HEBEI , CHINA

Reply9/24/2011 4:30:39 AMvishwas misra ,   India

Ben :9/24/2011 7:09:43 PM

there is no direct train from Beijing to Anping county. you can take a bus from the Zhaogongkou Long-distance Bus Station.
from the airport, you can take airport shuttle bus line 7 to Qicikou stop, and take bus No. 525 or 610 to Zhaogongkou Qiaonan stop, and walk southward along the road for about 100 meters, you will find the long-distance Bus Station.

Please could you tell me what trian station we would use if arriving at bejing airport and wish to take a night train to Xi'an to see terracotta army. Thanks judy

Reply9/18/2011 11:13:10 AMjudy ,   China

Nick :9/19/2011 6:16:25 PM

Beijing West railway Station, of course.

My plan is arriving at Beijing airport at 4;30 pm and we need to go to South railway station to catch express train to Tianjing I heard there is shuttle bus No.10 runs from airport to South railway station,is it true? Does it run regularly and if so, can I repurchase ticket?

Reply9/15/2011 1:19:19 PMlinda ,   United States

Jack :9/15/2011 6:52:09 PM

Yes, capital airport line 10 runs between beijing capital airport and Beijing South Railway station daily. But the ticket can only be bought on arrival.

Hi There.. How long does it take by airport shuttle from Beijing Airport to Beijing West Station?

Reply9/12/2011 1:34:25 AMGill ,   South Africa

Ashley :9/12/2011 11:46:17 PM

about 2.5 hours.

My arrival to Beijing South Station will be on 01.00 pm, sept 24 (saturday). I plan to go direct to forbidden city. Because I heard that Forbidden City usually close at 04.30 pm and the last entrance is at 04.00 pm. So, which one is take shortest time, i 'll go there by subway or taxi? and how about the price between subway or taxi? is it quite far, the different?

Reply9/10/2011 4:31:09 AManne ,   Indonesia

Beijinger :9/12/2011 11:27:08 PM

of course taxi is much faster. it takes only 25 muninutes by taxi but about 40 minutes by subway(but there's no direct subway, and you have to transfer for once).
the taxi fare is CNY 25, while the subway fare is CNY 2.

Please explain how to get from PEK Airport to Beijing West Train Station?

Reply9/7/2011 8:25:17 PMmar ,   United States

Mars :9/8/2011 7:10:00 PM

hi Mar, you can take the airport shuttle bus line 7 from the airport to the railways tation directly.

What train station do we need to get from Beijing airport to Tianjin.
How do we get from the airport to the station.

Reply9/1/2011 5:28:53 AMBrian Tesdale ,   China

Lily :9/4/2011 12:03:22 AM

hi Brain Tesdale,
you can go to Beijing South Railway Station to take the express train to Tianjin. from the airport to the railway station, you can take subway airport line to Dongzhimen Station, and then subway line 2 to Xuanwumen station ,and then line 4 to Beijing South Railway Station.

which train do i have to take from Beijing international airport Terminal 3 to reach Beijing West Railway station. my flight would arrive at 6 AM in the morning. thanks

Reply8/26/2011 1:38:12 AMarun ,   Singapore

Harry :8/28/2011 12:37:58 AM

you can take airport shuttle bus line 7 from the airport to Beijing West Railway Station.

I was told that after June, 2011, 实名制 is used for all train ticket reservation. are there reliable agents or web site where I can reserve tickets between Beijing and Xian

Reply8/21/2011 9:23:53 PMTen ,   United States

may :8/22/2011 7:03:57 PM

hi Ten,
you can book the ticket on this website. i have booked a train ticket months ago, and they send it to me very soon. here is the servation page:

Hi, what is the best way to get to the Great Wall Badaling after taking the train from Beijing North Station? And how long is the train ride?

Reply8/15/2011 9:36:22 PMBo ,   Canada

David :8/16/2011 7:20:59 PM

hi Bo,
there are clear road signs one way, so you can just walk to the entrance after you get off the train.

Hi I am arriving in Beljing from Bangalore during next week and my Hotel is located in Wangfujing Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing. Kindly let me know the best way for travel from Airport to Hotel. Thanks.

Reply8/8/2011 3:53:26 AMCh ,   India

tina :8/8/2011 6:39:36 PM

hi Ch,
subway is the most convenient way.
you can take the airport express line to Dongzhimen station, and then subway line 2 to Jiangguomen station and subway line 1 to Wangfujing station.

I am going to Huanguancheng Great Wall, from Tianjin. Could you tell me how to get from Beijing south railway station to Beijing airport, to be able to go to Dongzhimen from the airport express?

Reply7/28/2011 8:08:25 PMChloe ,   Lebanon

Jimmy :7/30/2011 8:55:16 PM

hi Chloe,
you don't need to go to the Beijing airport, you can take subway line 4 to Xuanwumen station and then subway line 2 to dongzhimen station.

Could you tell me how to catch the trasportation ( by train preferred the new high speed train) from Hongzhue rail station to Beijing Rail station because i will stay close to beijing rail station. And How to obtain the ticket because on my arrival in Hongzhue, after 1 night will go to Beijing ?? Thanks
Rgds
Adri

Reply7/25/2011 2:15:53 AMAdri ,   Indonesia

Jean :7/25/2011 6:56:55 PM

hi Adri,
i suggest you take the normal train to Beijing, for the high speed train arrives at Beijing South Railway station, which is far from Beijing Railway Station.
train ticket need to be booked 10 day in advance. so you may find a travel agency to book the ticket for you.
you can enquire the ticket here:

Can you tell me if there is a Train Ticket Outlet on Wangfujing Street or close to it?

Reply7/24/2011 11:37:31 AMstarr Nelson ,   Canada

Bill :7/24/2011 7:34:50 PM

hi Starr Nelson,
the Beijing Railway Station is very close to Wangfujing. you can buy ticket there.
there is also one outlet on Wangfujing Street, which is at Room 701, 7th floor, No. 307 Wangfujing Avenue.

can i catch a train from beijing to the port at tianjin

Reply7/22/2011 10:26:08 AMbruce ,   United Kingdom

Sally :7/23/2011 8:44:13 PM

yes bruce, you can take the intercity express train from Beijing South Railway station to Tanggu station, and then take taxi to the port.

i planning to stay at Dongsi. By using Beijing-Tianjin Intercity Railway From tianjin to Beijing, which one should i choose either Tianjin to Beijing or Tianjin to Beijing South? Thank You.

Reply7/18/2011 2:25:01 AMazila ,   Malaysia

Olivia :7/18/2011 7:37:59 PM

Tianjin to Beijing Railway Station, which is closer to dongsi.

Thanks for your response about the railway station to go to catch train from Beijing to Huaihua, do i need to book for both the hotel and the train in advance? if yes when do i book for both?

Reply7/13/2011 2:01:54 PMBALA A. MONI ,   Nigeria

Gina :7/13/2011 6:52:51 PM

yes, i think you need to book both the hotel and the train ticket.
the train tickets can be booked ten days before your departure date.
as for the hotel, at least one week in advance.