Home : Beijing Transportation : By Train : Comments

trying to sort out getting from bejing airport to Qingdao

by plane or bullet train how easy is it to get to the railway station for that

Reply10/10/2014 6:22:50 PMgraham nunn ,   United Kingdom

Harry :11/8/2014 9:45:37 PM

The direct airplane is a best way to go and many flights are scheduled for this route each day. Besides, you can take shuttle bus line 10 to Beijing South Railway Station. There you can take a bullet train to Qingdao in around 5h.

I booked my Beijing to Datong train tickets via the internet. Train will depart from Beijing Railway Station. Are there any special counters in Beijing Railway Station to collect my paper tickets?

Reply8/10/2014 3:07:07 AMleong ,   Malaysia

Anna ( Australia ) :8/10/2014 5:55:22 AM

I remember there is no special counter to collect the ticket. You need show your passport and they will give you a paper ticket.

I'll be arriving at Beijing Railway Station on a Sunday, 08:30 am. Would it be enough time to catch a flight to USA departing 12:00 pm?

Reply7/22/2014 4:17:10 PMMarcelo ,   Brazil

Eillen ( Armenia ) :7/27/2014 3:39:44 AM

Just hurry up and you can still catch that. I recommend you take a taxi to the airport upon getting to the railway station.

Where would I check them in? I'm traveling through Beijing South Station, it's difficult to navigate. Do they have porters and persons that can help lift the bags?

Reply7/7/2014 11:26:05 PMdeeXAre

Shelly ( Canada ) :7/10/2014 4:01:15 AM

I am a little confused about your question. Let me know your destination first.

Hello. I am moving from Beijing to Hangzhou. I have lots of large bags and a few boxes. Can I transport my stuff from Beijing to Hangzhou on the train?

Reply6/25/2014 4:49:32 AMDeeXAre ,   China

Elina ( Canada ) :6/28/2014 4:52:43 AM

Do you mean that you wanna take them onto the train or consign them to China Railway? For the former case, as long as you can take them onto the train and their sizes are not very large, it is allowed; for the latter case, you can transport them as check-in lugagge for sure!

Please how many minutes will it take a taxi from beijing railway station to get to the south railway station.

Reply6/21/2014 8:15:43 PMtina kafui ,   China

Annie ( Australia ) :6/22/2014 4:27:01 AM

If there is no traffic jam, the duration is around 25 to 30 minutes.

How much would it be from Beijing Railway station to the main Airport by taxi? I am going by train to BJ and need to meet someone in the airport asap after I arrive.

Reply6/3/2014 6:22:54 AMAine ,   China

Mina :6/4/2014 9:09:40 PM

If you reach the BJ Railway Station, the taxi fare to the airport is around 120 to 130RMB single trip.
If you reach the BJ West Railway Station, the fare is around 140 to 150RMB single trip.

Hi,Can you direct me from Beijing Capital airport to BJ main railway station (BJ Zhan)? How long does it take to get there?Thanks,

Reply5/25/2014 3:10:17 AMYos ,   Thailand

Jason ( Argentina ) :5/26/2014 3:23:54 AM

You can take the airport shuttle bus line 3 to BJ Zhan directly in around one hour.

i am azizi i want to catch high speed train from bejing to hangzhou, yiwe please let me know what should i do

Reply4/16/2014 9:05:24 PMziaullah ,   Afghanistan

David :4/16/2014 9:58:18 PM

there are many high-speed trains from Beijing South Railway station to Hangzhou in one day. you should book a ticket in advance.

Hi If I buy a train ticket receipt online for bullet train before I arrive in beijing can I then collect my ticket at Dongsi train station?

Reply3/5/2014 3:54:10 AMGail ,   Australia

Kate :3/14/2014 5:29:28 AM

Dongsi is not a train station, but a subway station, you can only collect your ticket at a railway station, better to be your departure station.

Hi. I will meet some people at Beijing South Railway Station November 12. They are coming from Shanghai. I will go to the station with a bus for 20 people. Where can I park the bus, while waiting for them? Thank you

Reply10/2/2013 3:04:31 AMsven s ,   Sweden

Bonnie :10/8/2013 12:34:24 AM

yes, you can. there is parking lot at the railway station.

Pls direct us from PEK airport to Beijing Oriental Hotel. Is there any Bullet train or direct transport to Xiamen

Reply9/14/2013 7:54:57 PMlinda ,   Singapore

May :9/15/2013 6:42:04 PM

from the airport to the hotel, you can take the subway airport express line to Dongzhimen, change to line 2 to Jianguomen, and then change to line 1 to Dongdan station. Leave from Exit A and walk north for about 200 meters, you will find the hotel on your left side. there is no bullet trian to Xiamen. Only one fast train is available from Beijing to Xiamen, taking nearly 32 hours. so you are advised to take a flight.

I want to catch the high speed teain from beigin to shanghi.i am in friendship hotel in Beigin.can i take subway to highspeed train station. how long will it take? highspeed train will leave @ 8am on Friday 23rd Aug.

Reply8/18/2013 7:47:09 PMRani ,   Australia

Bill :8/19/2013 6:50:15 PM

yes,you can take subway line 4.
it takes about 30 - 40 minutes. i suggest that you get to the subway station by 06:30.

GOOD DAY
wOULD YOU PLEASE DIRECT US FROM BEIJING INT'L NATIONAL AIRPORT TO HUA WEI LI IN CHAO YANG DISTRICT BY AIRPORT EXPRESS THEN THE TAXI.

Reply4/8/2013 1:16:25 PMjuan ,   China

juan fung ( United States ) :4/11/2013 6:12:06 AM

Thank you.

Viky :4/8/2013 7:54:28 PM

take airport shuttle bus line 1 from the airport to Panjiayuan and then take a taxi to your destination.

Ms Linda

It is my first time in China. RCI has booked me+wife in Shihao International hotel in Miyun Distt from 7th to 13th April. I found no one in this hotel speaks English, though it is called International. It is very far from Beijing. It is very costly to reach Beijing by Taxi. I want to cover all attractions in Beijing and Acrobatic Show. Is there any tour agency which can pickup from hotel? Or is there any train station (Jncheng line?) or bus station which I can use to go to Downtown Beijing where most of the tours are? PLEASE HELP.

Reply3/12/2013 3:45:04 AMAjay Chauhan ,   Malaysia

Emma :3/12/2013 7:18:50 PM

you can tailor-make your beijing tour at:
this is a good travel agency and can be trusted.

I want to travel from Beijing to Shanghai by speed train on 4th April. I will stay at 21st century hotel in Chaoyang District. How much time in taxi from hotel to South rail station. Where to do the booking of train ticket.

Reply2/27/2013 11:50:53 PMRamprasad ,   India

Vivien :2/28/2013 5:41:39 PM

the taxi fare is about CNY 50 if there's no traffic jam.
you can book the train ticket at: http://www.beijingtrip.com/china-train/

Hi, I'm trying to get from Beijing to Tianjin and figured the Bullet train was my best option. Are there other options? I should mention that I will be traveling with luggage and I only speak English.

If the train is the best option, does anyone know the best way to get from Beijing Airport to Beijing South Train station? How much will it cost and how long will it take? Should I purchase the train ticket in advance?

Thanks for your help!

Reply2/26/2013 7:15:08 PMEllen ,   United States

Tina :2/27/2013 5:57:21 PM

the best way from the airport to the south railway station is to take the airport shuttle bus line 10. the bus fare is CNY 16 and it takes about 2 hours.
it will save some time if you take subway: airport line to Dongzhimen, and line 2 to Xuanwumen, and line 4 to Beijing south railway station. it takes about 1 hour and 40 minutes.
you don't need to purchase the train ticket in advance.

Dear friend,

I will arrive at Beijing airport at 6.30PM and would like to go straight to Cangzhou (Hebei)by fast train. Can you help with direction and information etc..., Thanks

Reply2/26/2013 6:37:23 PMThai ,   Australia

Bonnie :2/27/2013 5:51:45 PM

i am afraid you will miss the last fast train to Cangzhou departing at 20:20. the fastest way from the airport to the Beijing South Railway Station is to take the subway: airport line to Dongzhimen, and change to line 2 to Xuanwumen, and finally line 4 to the Beijng South railway station to take the fast train. it takes at least 1 hour and 40 minutes.

We are arriving in Beijing and staying at the novotel hotel near the forbidden city. We need to travel to the cruise port in tianjin. Where do we catch the bullet train. Will it be easy for us to know what train to get on and what stop to get off. We speak only English. Unfortunately.

Reply2/4/2013 3:10:43 AMDebbie ,   Canada

Lisa :2/16/2013 4:55:05 PM

the Beijing South Railway Station.
you can put down the name of the railway station and show it to the taxi driver.
take the bulllet train to Tanggu, that is where the port is located.
also show the Tanggu in Chinese to the conductor in the railway station.
then take a taxi to the port.
the bellboy in the hotel can help write down all the names of your destinations.

How do we get from the train station to a hotel near the PEK airport? We arrive by train and depart next day by air.

Reply2/16/2013 6:27:09 AMStan ,   United States

Judy :2/16/2013 4:51:18 PM

which train station in Beijing?
there are the South Station, North Station, West Station, and Beijing Railway Station.
airport shuttle bus and subway are both available.